Stamp Collecting

Strawberri

Hi! I'm thinking of starting a stamp collection, but haven't looked into it yet. How much does it cost and what's the best way to get started? Anyone want to post their album link on here?

Thanks!

It's something fun to do but you'll have to work on it slowly. Some of the stamps are REALLY expensive and near possible to get. I would start off at the post office kiosk. You can also get stamps on the trading post, user shops, and auctions. I have a lot of fun collecting stamps even though it takes me awhile to save up the money sometimes. Here is a stamp guide

^_^)-->

QUOTE (Jenny ^_^ @ Sep 7 2009, 04:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's something fun to do but you'll have to work on it slowly. Some of the stamps are REALLY expensive and near possible to get. I would start off at the post office kiosk. You can also get stamps on the trading post, user shops, and auctions. I have a lot of fun collecting stamps even though it takes me awhile to save up the money sometimes. Here is a stamp guide

I've been collecting for a while. I tend to just use the kiosk, though. A big thing to look for is the Keyquest stamps and some given from giveaways are really below the shop value by a ton. Especially since Keyquest picked some rare ones to try and do.

Plus, there are four other things besides stamps. Coconuts(from the Coconut Shy, or other users), Shells (Maquarian Sea Shells, plus given away by the King of Altador), Coins(Coin shop, really hard to get), and Charms(toy shop, but check around. I got two from Gormball)

As for money...a lot. But if you take it slow, you'll be fine. There's so many less rare stamps and that to get by other methods that you'll have plenty of time to save up for the really super expensive ones.

I was thinking about starting one of the avatar stamp sections. But they are so super expensive and I will never have that kind of np. Some of them are super cheap though because of keyquest. Its how i got practically all of mine which really isn't that extensive.

Im questioning myself if its even possible to finish the avatar stamp collections, Ive looked into them, and they are INSANELY expensvie like... theres unbuyable ones then a few for 30,000,000 ..20 mill, 15 mill ... like I think I got into stamp collecting WAY too late. Its just aweful :(

i didnt even think to try stamp collecting.. there's no way ill ever have that kind of neopoints :( there's actually a stamp called Candychan Stamp worth

43,000,000 NP ! :O

edit: i just checked that Candychan Stamp on the TP and people are asking 55-60mill *not yet recovered from shock*

lol, stamp collecting might be awfully expensive, but its a great hobby to get into ^^ I know i will feel great when i finish one page, knowing all the trouble i went into saving up for it :)

Nope you can't remove stamps once they're in :(

The avvie stamp collections are possible to finish lol Especially the Snowy Valley one, thats the cheapest I believe. I adore that avatar! A friend has it, makes me jealous everytime she posts xD

I TOTALLY agree.. (except the people who own them might not lol)

OR make them removable so us avatar collectors can get them (they could do it on national stamp day!!!)

I'm not even gonna try. I've already fainted like thrice when I saw how much those stamps were. One of the stamps is 95 MILLION. And that's a Snowy Valley Stamp.

The really expensive stamps are retired, right?

Since no new ones are being released and you can't remove stamps from an album, doesn't that mean that once those few uber-expensive ones are bought by people who will actually use them, it'll be impossible for anyone else to complete their stamp collection?

Shells are relatively cheap if you just want to complete a page, although there is no avatar for it. The most expensive item in Shells is r98 Golden Shell, at 3.5mil. What makes it cheaper than the rest is the fact that there are no r99 shells.

Also, the prices of Coins and Shells are constantly deflating for some reason. I restock Coins and Shells, and I cannot begin to tell you how much I hate deflation (and Tarla).

Wow.. Thanks for all of the info! I really don't know if I'll start now that I see the NP's I could burn on collecting! But I might just stockpile the stamps I have from random events etc just in case they are valuable!

Maybe the cheap stamps would be a good thing to stockpile?

Shells are relatively cheap if you just want to complete a page, although there is no avatar for it. The most expensive item in Shells is r98 Golden Shell, at 3.5mil. What makes it cheaper than the rest is the fact that there are no r99 shells.

Also, the prices of Coins and Shells are constantly deflating for some reason. I restock Coins and Shells, and I cannot begin to tell you how much I hate deflation (and Tarla).

An idea for now might be to restock stamps at the igloo garage sale :yes: I've gotten a few goodies that are worth between 5-40k and only paying a few hundred NP for them :)

Just another idea for you to get started with ^^