Probably a dumb question...

Kex

I've been working on training Algae and turning her into a full-fledged battle pet, but I'm kind of worrying that I'm going about it the wrong way. As you can see if you look at her stats, I've mostly been training one stat at a time and cycling, so all the important stats are pretty much equal. However, I've heard recently that HP should be the highest 'stat' that a pet should have.

How true is this? And how should I alter my training regimen to take full advantage of it? Is there some amount of HP I should achieve before I touch my other stats? SO MANY QUESTIONS. D:

Ummm actually you're doing it right! :) Im sure battle lion will come in here and correct me...

so basically you can only train one stat to twice your level (except HP). So train your pet to like level 20, then defence and strength to 40, then HP to 60, then before you can train defence and strenght again you must raise your level to at least 30... I hope im not being confusing (but thats the most cost effective way). Follow for each level (level 1 = 1 codestone, level 2= 2 codestones etc.)

Im pretty sure the captain guy with the dubloons is actually cheaper at level 20 and below, but im not sure..

I theres a page on how to be effective in your battledome training somewhere..

I've been using the Academy pretty much exclusively; I'm going to switch to Mystery Island once she hits forty, since dubloons are definitely cheaper than codestones. XD I poked around on IDB, and there are plenty of articles about HOW to train but there wasn't much on WHAT to train, other than "not agility." Who knows, I may have missed something, though.

Ummm actually you're doing it right! :) Im sure battle lion will come in here and correct me...

so basically you can only train one stat to twice your level (except HP). So train your pet to like level 20, then defence and strength to 40, then HP to 60, then before you can train defence and strenght again you must raise your level to at least 30... I hope im not being confusing (but thats the most cost effective way). Follow for each level (level 1 = 1 codestone, level 2= 2 codestones etc.)

Im pretty sure the captain guy with the dubloons is actually cheaper at level 20 and below, but im not sure..

I theres a page on how to be effective in your battledome training somewhere..

BATTLE LION TO THE RESCUE! =D

Because I'm lazy, here's a really neat thing here, from the fast training guide.

4. THE SECRET OF MYSTERY ISLAND: When you get to The Mystery Island Training School, you would notice that you can train your Hit Points 3 times your Level. There is a careful calculation to exploit this advantage. Below is a table of the suggested stats for each course type.

- um, just click this link and look for the big table under the above text in it, as the fancy table won't work on the forums -

Quite interesting, isn't it? It kinda goes in patterns: Most of the level stats end in 8, most of the Strength and Defence end in 6, and all of the HP stats end in 0.

And yes, training on Krawk Island is somewhat cheaper than Mystery Island.

I /think/ that you were pretty much right there, on how you mentioned how to train there.

And, that page that you may be looking for may be from where I copied the above information -- -plays triumphant music- the Fast Training Guide!!!

EDIT: Grr, stupid BBCode messed up my pretty table. :(

Oh, yeah, and by the way, I used to train like that. I've become better since then though, and found the more effective way.

BATTLE LION TO THE RESCUE! =D

Because I'm lazy, here's a really neat thing here, from the fast training guide.

4. THE SECRET OF MYSTERY ISLAND: When you get to The Mystery Island Training School, you would notice that you can train your Hit Points 3 times your Level. There is a careful calculation to exploit this advantage. Below is a table of the suggested stats for each course type.

- um, just click this link and look for the big table under the above text in it, as the fancy table won't work on the forums -

Quite interesting, isn't it? It kinda goes in patterns: Most of the level stats end in 8, most of the Strength and Defence end in 6, and all of the HP stats end in 0.

And yes, training on Krawk Island is somewhat cheaper than Mystery Island.

I /think/ that you were pretty much right there, on how you mentioned how to train there.

And, that page that you may be looking for may be from where I copied the above information -- -plays triumphant music- the Fast Training Guide!!!

EDIT: Grr, stupid BBCode messed up my pretty table. :(

Oh, yeah, and by the way, I used to train like that. I've become better since then though, and found the more effective way.

XD Thanks Battle lion...always knew instinctively that hp was better higher than the rest :D Just didn't know the reason :P

In your opinion is it better to use only the lab map for stats, only training school or a mix of both?

I know Im not battle lion, but ... the answer to your question --> the lab map will rarely train defense, so you need to make sure you keep your defence in check. If you dont care about your pets species colour, then by all means use the lab ray (I cant b/c its a maraquan comby!!).

and lion -> yup thats the website! :)

I know Im not battle lion, but ... the answer to your question --> the lab map wont train defense, so you need to make sure you keep your defence in check.

Um...I don't mean to wander where I never tread, but the lab DOES train defense...it can make it go up or down.

It does, but I find you get more HP and strength points from it, thus leaving defence highly unbalanced..

-->oops I said it wouldnt in my last, i should've said it RARELY... Ive never had defence go up in all my time at the ray ( but I prefer colour/species changes anyways since I dont use the ray on my battle pet :P)

Morgan beat me to the correcting part.

I will agree that it is highly unbalanced, looking at the Lab Ray topic.

As for your question... I use the training schools. BUT I love my pets species so much that I couldn't part with them.

I think that if you're not attached to your species/colour, then by all means use the ray.

Keep it balanced though, training schools and the lab ray are an amazingly fast thing when training, if you're lucky. :P

Ya Its depressing, Ive been thinking of switching my battledome pet (since shes a maraquan chomby - so NO lab ray for her).

The stats of her are:

level 50

Health: 94/94

Strength: AMAZING (89)

Defence: AMAZING (86)

Move: GREAT (23)

oh and I maxed out every single faerie ability :D lol

Do you think its worth it getting a new lab battle pet? Im paying 3 codestones a shot now... so I dunno...

• 1 month later...

Steph.... I personally might begin to zap a pet as long as you already have lab ray access.... no need to waste 700k+ on something for a new battle pet. Unfortunately tho you have pretty high stats currently and have spent a lot of money to do so. It would be a shame for it to be a waste cause you wanted to start zapping a pet. So I would prolly start zapping a pet while still training :\ but that's me.

I currently have a lab rat, training isn't going so well, I get more gender changes and loss in lvls than anything... ahh well

:)

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not post on topics that have been inactive for more than three weeks.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Anime if you have any questions regarding this action.