Final Fantasy Fans!!!!

flyingeevee

Yaaay! Another thread from this crazy Eevee girl that not only loves pokemon and techno.

This will be a chit-chat about the famous RPG from Final Fantasy 1 to any new ones like Dissidia Final Fantasy.

You may post questions about the games, advice, discuss about your favorite characters and what not, and just have fun talking while playing the Final Fantasy series! ^^

Like for me, I know Final Fantasy 7 is like "the best" to lots of fan people, however, the one that I just LOVE and will always be my favorite is Final Fantasy 9!!!!

The one with monkey boy Zidane, black mage Vivi, princess Garnet, and more!

Plus it's the very first one I played so yeah, it's special ^_^

choco.jpg

ZOMG! It's a Chocobo :woot: and Wayne Brady xD ....and Dave Chappelle yay xD

FF!!! =DDDD Me see many new threads me like! >:K

Advent children anyone? My senior introduced it to me after I attended a local cosfest and wow, I absolutely loved it! I went to familarise myself with the rest of the series and personally, I like most of them :D.

PSP games anyone?

My friend totally told me the story of final fantasy a few yrs back - i never did research it, I don't want it to be wrong... since its such a cute story

Anyways the story:

So there was this company that was going bankrupt and they had enough money to make ONE more game, a final fantasy if you will, so they did, they called it "final fantasy" since it was their last, but it turned out to be such a success that it wasn't their final fantasy .. :P

YAY! Finally, an FF board :P

Can't wait for FFXIII versus to come out. Noctis looks so cool! The graphics are the best too!

Does anyone have the newest vid out for FFXIII with actual speech? Since only the one without speech has been leaked so far ;)

Woo! Final Fantasy rocks!

I've played VII, but when the car broke down (the one you get from the Golden Globe thing), the game froze and then it ended up my data got corrupted after like 6 hours or so of gameplay >.<. So I basically quit that one.

I played X, which was a great game. I tried to 100% it, and started with the chocobo racing. I was doing really well, and then got hit by a bird at the last second from behind. I got 2 seconds as my time that round - for those that don't know, 0 was the goal, getting hit by a bird stops you for a couple of seconds, and then adds on 3 seconds. I gave up on that then. (I gave a shot at the dodge lighting bolts too. I got 194 xP)

I played X-2, got to the part where I had to fight Shiva, and then stopped for a while because I had to give the game back.

I've also played XII, which was also really good, though I felt that it had a different mood to it compared to the other FFs. I'm still in the process of 100%ing that one, but with school, it doesn't seem like it's going to be happening any time soon.

I can't wait til XIII comes out. I got a 360 just for the occasion :P

Lots of talk about the new ones =D

So far, I've only beaten 3, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10, 10-2, Tactics Advance, and Crystal Chronicles!

I really enjoyed the FF7 movie! Nice to see Cloud and everyone still fine xD

I'm still busy with schooling and all, but I'm trying to play 12 and hopefully beat it you know :P

I don't have an Xbox360, so I hope I still get it play it somehow ^_^

Final Fantasy is a fun series for its willingness to experiment, and I respect that, even though I dislike some games. *SPOILERS! But you should know better already!*

For my background, I've played 1 and 2, beaten 3 through 7, played 8, beat 9, and watched some of 10 and 12.

My all-time favorite Final Fantasy is Final Fantasy Tactics because I really love job/class change systems. The story wasn't bad either, a bit more "mature" than the earlier games.

My most hated is 8. Squall and Seifer, I am convinced, are running around with psychological disorders that allow them to treat others poorly. With Seifer, once you torture, you're pretty much not human anymore. Putz.

Games I dislike are 9 and anything stemming from Tactics that wasn't Tactics itself or 12. These are in this category because I had certain expectations and was disappointed. My preferred jab at 9 is "The crystal comes back... for the last 5 minutes of the game!" I realize that these games in and of themselves aren't bad, but they didn't fit my tastes because of the expectations, and it's been very hard to clear my palate to honestly enjoy them. So now I only "mentally" appreciate them.

I have not touched the MMO FF's because I rather not have the MMO addiction, and if I'm going to, I'm going to be really picky about it. I'm a former WoW addict, and I don't want anymore of that nonsense. I don't think I would have found 11 fun from what I heard, and I know nothing about 14, so I reserve judgment.

I've heard great things about Dissidia, but I do not own a PSP. I dislike Crystal Defenders on the PS3 because I played the demo, and I found it to be basic, as something I would find on Armor Games or Newgrounds. My fiancee's been enjoying 12-2, and that doesn't look too bad. I want to like 10-2 for its job system, but something keeps giving me a Barbie dress-up vibe that I can't shake.

My favorite character is Cid Highwind from 7. Something about the goggles and the rudeness and the spear just interests me.

My favorite ordered game is 5. I really enjoy that there wasn't any mushy romance going on, it was cheesy, I love job classes and "Battle on the Big Bridge". 5 needs more love, I think, but that's just me. Also, Galuf was the only FF character I got teary-eyed over. Sorry, Aeris, but I knew about you 2 years before I picked up the game. Them's the breaks, toots.

Edward/Gilbert from 4 also deserves more cred than he gets. He's a bard prince! Of course he's not going to be that great. Suck it up and go fight that Antlion. Everything will be fine. And he actually has the best growth once you get past level 70, but only odd people would do that. <.<

Was I the only person in 6 to go "She's pregnant? But she's not married! Gross!"? And Kefka will always be my favorite villain. Black is boring. Go with brightly colored to confuse your opponents!

That's probably enough rambling on my part about Final Fantasy. I need to become more of a tabletop geek.

Final Fantasy is probably one of the best well known RPG's out there.

Seen both movies, Im not a fan of the 1st one, but advent children is a pretty cool film. Sephiroth is one of the best vilains in my opinon so good to see him in it.

Played 1-3 remakes on the Ds or Psp, good story but didn't really get into them like the others.

Played 7/8/9/10/10-2/12 the most.

7 is a good one, story was good, and it was the first I played, and characters were good.

8 was a okay one, completed it, but the charachters kept me playing the most.

9 was probably my fav, fun characters, and the story also kept me involved, the villain was meuh though.

10 was good, I liked the whole journey idea and having no world map, rather than just a path, good people and Blitzball was cool.

10-2 was meuh, good idea but turned out wrong, final boss was easily beaten etc.

I also played Dirges Cerberus and the Psp one (where you're zack)

Not going to buy the new one though, In my opinon, it won't work as a fighting game.

They should just stick to what they're good at, RPG's, they're trying to break into other types, but at some point, that may be their downfall.

I was a big fan of the old Final Fantasy games. I've actually played at least some part of FFI through FFIX, plus Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Advance. I have absolutely no interest in playing any of the newer games.

Well, here's my overview of my Final Fantasy playing days:

I finished FFI many years ago (I still own the cartridge, but I also own the PS remake). It took me a couple of tries to get through it, but it was kind of fun. Some parts required a lot of borging, like the Marsh Cave near the beginning, but it wasn't too bad.

I got stuck playing FFII and still haven't finished it. I accidentally wandered into an area where the baddies are far above my level and can't get out. Awesome soundtrack, though.

I tried playing a translation of FFIII, but it didn't work very well, so I didn't get very far.

I played through FFIV (FFII on the SNES) at least once each on the SNES and in the PS rerelease. I've seen the DS version, and I would totally buy it if I was lucky enough to own a DS. Highly recommended!

I played through most of the PS rerelease of FFV, but I didn't finish it. I lost my save and didn't feel like starting over.

FFVI was my absolute favourite! I've played through this game several times, both on the SNES and the PS rerelease. I loved the characters (Locke, FTW!), and the plot wasn't too bad (Star Wars, recycled, just like most of the early FF games). The soundtrack completely blew my mind, and it is single-handedly responsible for me getting into video game music. One of my Top Ten favourite games ever.

Based on my love of FFVI, I borrowed a PS and FFVII from a friend. One of the game discs was badly scratched, though, so I had to rent the game to finish it. It was pretty cool. Sephiroth was a great villain. I still can't decide if I think he's evil or not.

FFVIII was the start of the end for me. It was a pretty good game, but I hated the magic system and the lack of equipment options for the characters. I hated the main character. The card game, Triple Triad ROCKED! It was my favourite part of the game. Also, the end movie was awesome

, since you find out that game was actually the telling of Laguna's story, and that the main characters were just pawns in the delivery

I had really high expectations for FFIX. I was very disappointed by it. I made it almost to the end of the game, but I didn't care enough to finish it.

Final Fantasy Tactics was incredibly addictive and fun. I've sunk soooo many hours into playing this game. I rolled the clock on it every time I've played it. The plot is also pretty good, and the soundtrack is great.

Tactics Advance wasn't quite as much fun, but it wasn't a bad game. I would still recommend it.

I've also watched both movies. The Spirits Within wasn't too bad, but it didn't really feel like Final Fantasy. I really liked Advent Children, though, even if it was just fan service.

Just wondering.. if one wanted to play Final fantasy (like ALL of them), but they dont own any playstation systems.. where would one get it? (or is it just not possible)

Well, apart from illegally downloading ROMs of the games, you have several options for the earlier games, if you don't own a Playstation. FFI was originally released for the NES, if you happen to (still) have a working unit. FFIV and FFVI were originally released for the SNES (as FFII and FFIII, respectively, in North America). FFI & FFII were released as a combo for GBA. FFIII is available for the DS. FFIV is available for both GBA and DS. Both FFV and FFVI are available on GBA. There are PC versions for both VII and VIII. You're outta luck after that, except for FFXI, which is a MMORPG and available for PC.

You can legally download and play the ROMs if you have physical copies of the games. All the FFs are cheap, be they in game stores nationwide or on eBay. The older cartridges go for, what, 8 bucks? Knock yourself out.

As for the movies, The Spirits Within was another example of expectations not being met. This is practically the sole reason Square was bought by Enix. Not a bad movie on its own, though. Advent Children was a lap dance in comparison.

I was a big fan of the old Final Fantasy games. I've actually played at least some part of FFI through FFIX, plus Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Advance. I have absolutely no interest in playing any of the newer games.

I'd recommend playing FFX. I really enjoyed that game, and so has everyone else who's played it. It may very well be considered one of the best if not the best (hard to beat FFVII) Final Fantasy games. The character development and fighting is great, with challenging bosses. I'd recommend that game to everyone interested in Final Fantasy.

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention I played FF Tactics Advance as well. It was a pretty good game. I managed to finish the game, and even the mini post-story story part. I'd recommend that too.

In response to FFX, Tidus won worst outfit on some poll on the internet somewhere, "worst dressed" or something like that. I guess no one likes offset lederhosen. My husband played 10 and pretty much told me that the game's too easy once you get into a specific rhythm. If I recall correctly, it's doing hits that push the boss' turn back, and have Yuna summon just before the boss' turn so that it takes the hit, not your characters. He didn't find it that challenging. I think he liked Blitzball too.

You found 7 hard to beat? I guess it depends on if you wanted to cheese out with KotR or not. Even without it, it's not that bad.

In response to FFX, Tidus won worst outfit on some poll on the internet somewhere, "worst dressed" or something like that. I guess no one likes offset lederhosen. My husband played 10 and pretty much told me that the game's too easy once you get into a specific rhythm. If I recall correctly, it's doing hits that push the boss' turn back, and have Yuna summon just before the boss' turn so that it takes the hit, not your characters. He didn't find it that challenging. I think he liked Blitzball too.

I dunno. Tidus doesn't look that bad...

See the thing with the game is that you have to know what some bosses are going to do to beat them. Like when you fight Seymour Flux you kinda have to know to wear something that's zombieproof otherwise you're screwed. And you have to know about Total Annihilation to be able to avoid it. Sure, you can read a guide to prepare for all of the surprises the bosses have, and it would make the game really easy, but then again, what wouldn't? I mean, it's true there's a certain rhythm to the game, but that's true for most games too.

Blitzball was fun though. It was great. They ruined it in X-2 though. They kinda forced you to sign on other players, or else you'd never win.

FF is about nothing if not innovation. It was odd enough for them to make a sequel, and I don't blame them for trying a different approach to Blitzball. There are probably folks who dislike the original format.

Stephie, really, you can't say which one's a "best" Final Fantasy. They're all rather unique in their storyline and what systems they may use, so it's very hard to compare. I can only suggest that you test out some. For ROMs, you can legally have them if you don't have a copy as long as you delete them within 24 hours. They understand the desire to "test drive" a game, I guess. So you can easily look at 1-6 and the Gameboy Advance games that way. The PS# games, you'd have to buy them since I don't think they have ripped copies floating around and they'd be huge. But they're probably going for $10, $15 at best, I'd guess. They're all greatest hits and tons were produced, so it's not like trying to find that elusive Xenogears on eBay for $100.

You may want to start by analyzing what you may want in a video game. Do you want a fantasy or anachronistic setting? Is 2D vs. 3D that big of an issue for you? For that matter, are you OK with a targeting system where if you target a foe that already died, you hit air? (The original 1 and 2 were like this) Does the job system appeal to you? Do you want gobs of romance in your game? Try looking at a basic "Final Fantasy characters" list for each game; see if anyone really appeals to you. You might be able to narrow down which game you may want to play by going through this.

final fantasy is great

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please make sure all posts have at least seven words.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Doesnt it have like... an overarching story line? (or maybe im thinking kingdom hearts here.. hmm) .. I think I want to play in a row regardless :P

Thanks for the opinions though, it makes me really want to go play!!!!!

I love Final Fantasy X since it was the first one I played. I also LOVED Yuna and Tidus. Both as separate characters, then as a pairing. :3

Which means that I did like FF X-2 as well. :D

I know :D I love them as a pairing. But I got sort of sick of it after watching hundreds of tidusxyuna AMVs on Youtube XD.

FFx-2. I loved the opening song! In japanese :D not the english version.