Weird ghosty stuff.

-Ryan

Well as you can most likely tell by my most recent threads, i've been very bored. Well here's another topic to throw on the pile of entertainment.

Well anyway, anyone had like weird stuff. Seeing a ghost, hearing a sound and not being able to find a reasonable explanation, ect...

I don't really mean that "being watched" feeling you get when walking down an empty hallway, or seeing movement in the corner of your eye because that happens to eveyone now again.

I've had a few interesting ones myself but i'll wait till someone else posts.

Post. *waits for your interesting stories*

- As for me, I do believe in them, but I havent had any experiences myself.. Ive heard a few good stories though

... although there was this one time I heard the garage door open, but when I went down to go check it out it had never happened... :P

Cool. Lol xD

Ok, my first one is from when I was like 7 or 8. I was taking a nap but I couldn't fall asleep so I just sat there staring at the wall for 30 minutes when this guy from like the 4o's with a cane, coat, top hat and all that walked through the wal in my room. o.o

I'll post my other one later.

That's mighty freaky! For us Chinese, it's the 7th lunar month now (Hungry Ghost Festival anyone?) so everyone's supposed to be extra careful during this period since supernatural happenings are supposed to be rampant this month XD.

With parents believing in that, it's inevitable that I believe in them after a while although thank goodness nothing has ever happened to me. >.<

Although when I was younger, my mum said that I always played with this little girl whom I kept calling 'meimei (Little sis)' at home (I was the only child then) and she suspected she was the baby my mum was carrying when she had a miscarriage... @_@ I don't recall any of it so yeap, freakiness factor reduced 100x!

I've had one experience with a ghost in my entire life.. and it was 100% real.

When I was little, my great grandmother died of lung cancer. She'd been a smoker since she was 13 and died in her 70's. Shortly after her death, I was crossing the street holding my grandpa's hand when I heard my great grandmother say my name right behind me. It scared me a lot. I asked my grandpa if he'd heard it, he said yes; I asked him who it was; he said it was my great grandmother. It was her distinct smoker's voice, and coming from a few feet behind us aka right in the middle of the street. We turned around and of course no one was there.

I asked my grandpa the other day if he still remembers that and he does.

I've been telling my mother this for a few years. She never believed me until my grandpa backed me up on it. But I don't really have any interest in trying to convince other people of the reality of something that happened to me. I know it's true, so who cares if other people don't think it is? Plus, I had a witness who correctly identified the voice.

That incident messed with me a bit. Made me think about death and the afterlife and such at a very young age. I know that she tried to do a lot of stuff with me before she died so I would remember her, like teach me how to paint and blow bubbles and stuff. My last memories of her were on her deathbed being cared for by Hospice, and she didn't want me to remember her that way; perhaps her saying my voice was her way of ensuring I'd never forget her. :) When I got to be in high school I kind of had this obsession with trying to go to haunted places with friends and trying to see more ghosts, but it never happened again.

I really don't like telling anyone the story in real life because they might think I'm crazy :D ..but this is the Internet, so who cares :D

Celtic, that sounds awsoe. That makes me want to go there. xDDD

And Elowi, that's pretty interesting. My granda is in the same situation right now as your grandma was before she died.

And Stephie, I just sat there and didn't move my eyes from that spot for like 15 minutes. I swear, I only blinked like 10 times during that. xD

And my other ghost story is from about 4 years ago. I woke up one morning and for some reason it was at like 5 a.m. I was gonna get up but I saw this gold orb coming down the hallway. It came into my room, stayed there for a bit, then went down the hallway again and disappeared down the corner. It came back and repeated this a few times. Eventually another gold one came that was smaller and went behind the lamp. There was another gold one but I didn't focus on it anddon't remember it very well. The reaon is becuase then a 4th one came at that time too that was red. The first gold one and the red one started like flying around eachother. The weird thing was everytime I blinked, the red one would be small when I opened my eyes and keep getting bigger until I blinked again. After a while the gold one behind the lamp merged with the first gold one and the gold and red kept circling eachother until eventually the red one disappeared. After a while the gold one from behind the lamp left the main one and they all left. I don't remember it very well but I seem to have it in my head that they left by floating through the wall although I have no visual memory of that part, however. I sat there for an hour (I looked at the clock) hiding under my sheets until I gathered enough courage to get from my bed to my grandmas room in 4 steps. I just know it wasn't a dream, you'll have to take my word for it. From the time I woke up to the time I was running for my grandmas room about 3 hours had past but it only felt like 45 minutes.

My freind has seen an orb before too and it seems like time moves twice as fast when your near one. I think the fear makes you forget the time.

@stephie: Actually, that was what my mum thought at first. But after a while, she didn't think so since it was only at home and in a room during which that will happen. @_@

@Squirrel: Go to any country with the majority of the population being Chinese and you'll get to see all the traditional stuff XD

Creepy stories... I don't really believe in the orbs thing for some reason.. What on earth is it then? Is it just lightning balls (scientifically proven haha)? Or just some optical illusion? I don't understand what they are, or might be so it's a little hard for me to believe...

Thank goodness for my high 'luck level' as the Chinese believe, I don't get much supernatural scares. *phew*

My mum used to tell me how she'd wake up and see a figure walking into her room when she was a teen. She thought it was her oldest sister who worked late so she just called out to her but since the figure didn't respond, she went back to bed. The next morning she asked her oldest sister why on earth did she return home that late, her sister told her she was sleeping before midnight! My mum immediately freaked out and confronted my grandma, who told her that the previous occupant of the house died in an accident, and her spirit apparently still walks from her room (the storage room was her room since it was a 1 room flat) to various parts of the house nightly...

I had goosebumps after my mum told me. @_@

wow some of these stories are super cool. I think ghosts are awesome, but I'd prob pee my pants if I had a real live encounter..

does anyone watch those ghost hunter shows? any thoughts on them...

Ghost Hunters are win! I loved when they had just recently made Dave Tango an official member. They were in the little girls room with him and they saw that tiara so they're all like "Tango, we want you to pass the iniciation. All you do is put this on your head." "What is it?" "It's a special ghost camera" xDDD

Lolololol. Have you seen the episode where Brian and another guy were in room and something dark went across their face and he's sll like "DOOD RUN!" and they tear off like little girls. Brian fails. xD

lmao, no but that one sounds awesome!!! :) the last one i saw they were in this room in the dark and thought the other was playing a trick on them by making noise outside, but it turned out he was just outside the room ...

Well, they always consider if things are faked, sometimes they catch nothing, and they usually only go to the most urgent calls at huge places where tons of paranormal reports come from.

And remember that they're not skeptics but they do try to debunk everything.

I agree, I don't think the show is faked, but at the same time everything on there might not be the supernatural

Im pretty sure they're still doing new episodes? I thought I saw an advertisement for one not too long ago ... :S

and i think I saw that one where there were really clear voices - it was really creepy!!

Yeah, where they were in the princesses room?

And they didn't hear anything until they listened to the EVPs.

Grant: Hello?

Voice: Hello? Is someone there?

Grant: Are you in here with us?

Voice: I'm in here. Where are you?

And the voice continued but they couldn't make it out.

Haha I love watching those ghost hunter shows when they use the EVP and play it back later.. and half the time it doesn't even sound like a voice, or sounds really garbled... and their translation of what the voice said is always like "He's coming for you" or "Get out of here" even if it actually sounded like "hfdiufrefsdgdsgfdsg"

I totally did an assignment for psychology on sound recordings aka "White noise" and alot of researchers believe that we FIND sounds in whats really just nothing... there were some really interesting arguments for and against the subject

• 3 weeks later...