The Fourth Plinth

Matt

Well, hey there! Long time no see. Nice to see you're all doing good still. But as awesome as that is, it's not why I'm here. Yeah, I have another prerogative. Golly.

Readers of my blog (or just know me from Plurk or whatever) will know I won a spot on the fourth plinth, and I need your ideas as to what I should do on it.

Okay, so you're thinking "Woah, dude. What's this 'fourth plinth' you're talking about?" and I'll tell you. That, or you could just read my blog about it. Y'know, you could do both!

You may or may not be familiar with the work of Antony Gormley. This is the guy behind the Angel of the North statue, the Another Place exhibition on a beach in Liverpool in the UK and the Event Horizon exhibition around London. Basically, he's a sculptor generally basing himself around the human figure. You can read more about him on Wikipedia if you'd like.

His latest project - titled One & Other - is based around the general public. Over 100 days, 2400 people from across the UK will stand on a pedestal-like fixture in London's Trafalgar Square and can do whatever they like. Literally. Assuming it's legal and all that.

I'm one of the lucky ones who gets to go on it. Okay, so it's at 4am on a Sunday morning, but it's still an opportunity and a half, eh? If you're thinking "Oh, but I can't get to London, especially at 4am on a Sunday!" don't worry. If you visit the One & Other website at www.oneandother.co.uk, you can watch live at any time.

So I call on you intelligent TDN visitors for a favour - what should I do with my time? I've got a few suggestions already such as have a load of glowsticks or just have a sleep, but the more ideas I have, the more awesome I can make this hour. I'll even give you a shoutout there and then if I use your idea. So, thinking caps on, please!

And another thing, you can pledge to watch me (regardless if you are going to or not) by visiting my profile at tinyurl.com/matton4thplinth and click "We'll watch!" on the right hand side. You can also leave me some supportive comments and/or ideas in the comments section on my profile too, if you like.

If you can do any of those things for me, that would be superfantastic. Even better, you can watch me! It'll be fun, I promise!

Thanks a lot you guys! ;)

Matt on the Fourth Plinth

tinyurl.com/matton4thplinth

4am on Sunday 27th September 2009

So I call on you intelligent TDN visitors for a favour - what should I do with my time? I've got a few suggestions already such as have a load of glowsticks or just have a sleep, but the more ideas I have, the more awesome I can make this hour. I'll even give you a shoutout there and then if I use your idea. So, thinking caps on, please!

Matt on the Fourth Plinth

tinyurl.com/matton4thplinth

4am on Sunday 27th September 2009

I think it would be neat if you learned to say something important to you in sign language. Then, you could non-verbally share it with the world.

I think it would be neat if you learned to say something important to you in sign language. Then, you could non-verbally share it with the world.

That's an awesome idea! But hmm, what to say, what to say...

I'm a big fan of the Free Hugs Movement. :D How about that?

I'd love to do something like that, but the rules say that I have to be on the plinth for the whole hour. Maybe air hugs? :P

• 2 weeks later...