Wow, that's really sad. :(

-Ryan

Well, if you think about it, then if the account was iced due to a hacker inside, then TNT kinda have to give the account back once this whole thing is over. :yes:

I don't get who would do a thing like this, though o:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Munsterpoo was unfortunatley iced earlier today. Shame, hope she get's her account back. And if she dosen't, well there's 10bil gone from the neo economy right there.

I sure hope so. ):

Yeah, I actually read the forum 'Cheesie' was selling the accounts on.

I'm not sure if we're allowed to post the link on here, so I won't to be on the safe side. x3

:grrr: seriously. omg that makes me so angry. I don't understand why people do this, don't they have real lives they should be getting back to!

on a side note... i feel so bad for anyone who has their account frozen, or worse loses it for good.. if that were to happen to me I would prob. stop playing.. you put so much of your life into it.. and for it to be taken away :( .. that would crush me

Personally, I hope they close Neo for a week or so, and fix the problem.

I agree. I would rather miss out on playing games for a few days, so that I can feel safe on Neo again.

As for Cheesie, all I can say is, "Wow. What a loser." I seriously don't understand what motivates some people to be so nasty. It's one thing to hack into Neopets and play a harmless prank, like lowering the price of asparagus to 1 np. But to purposely steal and toy with other users' accounts and wreak havoc on the Neopian economy like that, that's just vile.

Edit: BTW, thank you TDN community for restoring my faith in society. It's nice to have this little reminder that there are still good people in this world.

If only the ol' electric chair was a punishment for crimes like this.

I know you're only joking, but I find that really offensive.

I feel sorry for munster. I wonder how she's handling this. :(

*does not like the nickname he picked*

Actually, about why would anyone do such a thing; it's simple really.

Fun. Tons of fun. What better way to get attention and show off then to hack into Neopet's richest members?

About selling the accounts/buying them - it's real common in the gaming industry. Places like free games such as MapleStory or Gunbound to paid games such as World of Warcraft all have lucrative markets for selling accounts (Easily 100s of dollars to a thousand). My cousin has been dabbling in those for a long time and he earns quite a fair bit.

So why not for Neopets as well? It may be illegal, but you don't see people halting drug trafficking into Singapore even with death penalties. -.-

It is indeed an immoral thing to do but kudos to ruining the neopian economy; not too an easy feat imo. Especially with multiple hackings.

If he does get caught, I do hope he gets justly punished, although I doubt the owners of the accounts will get EVERYTHING back. It's indeed a waste if they quit Neopets after all their time and effort spent in building their accounts. A shame really.

On the bright side; it's just a game. Be glad it's not your real bank account. -.-

Yeah, so do I, as I would rather miss out of playing Neo for a week than have my account hacked.

*does not like the nickname he picked*

o-o

*le shock*

I was actually on a neoboard yesterday,

and apparently someone knew 'Cheesie'

and they too had hacked a few accounts or something like that.

Anywho, they said Cheesie was an 18 year old female. o.o;

And that she plans to open up her own site and sell neopet accounts for money

as she did on that forum. :/

The person who claimed to be Cheesie's friend had their account frozen, after a while.

So I don't know. o.o;

Yeah, I agree. ^^

I'm pretty sure Cheesie's a male. *points to fb profile* I think he should go to jail, just because of the fact that if he can do this to neopets, who's to say he can't do this to a site like expedia, or a banking account site? He could mess up travel plans, steal money, and do everything he's basically doing on neopets right now.

I'm pretty sure Cheesie's a male. *points to fb profile* I think he should go to jail, just because of the fact that if he can do this to neopets, who's to say he can't do this to a site like expedia, or a banking account site? He could mess up travel plans, steal money, and do everything he's basically doing on neopets right now.

Great idea. Let's pull the line through and lock everybody up because everybody's a potential murderer. Hey, better safe than sorry, why not just put every human being on the electric chair?!

Some of you really need a wakening to see reality. Don't you think it's a low blow to call this "Cheesie" names and accuse him of being a no-life while all of us are at least equally no-lifes if we take a hijacked account so seriously. It's only a game, for heaven's sake. Get real, it's not like he killed your cat.

1) Chill out....seriously.

2) I don't think he's a potential murderer. But really, if he goes and murder somebody, I'm not going to stand up for him. I'll leave you to that.

It's an online game, so the real thing they can pin him for is hacking and if they have the databases connected, they could tie in that he could have been attempting fraud and identity stealing. Honestly, it is a lot harder to pin him for anything if he isn't in the USA. A lot of countries aren't into enforcing things that don't happen on their soil, and the bonus of it being on the internet which technically has no overlording power.

The most that could happen (for now) is that this person gets something done to them by an angry neighbour who plays Neopets. As for the accounts that are hacked/frozen, a lot of them were frozen by TNT, which means that all their information/items/what have you have been kept in the account and when the threat has been neutralized, the accounts will be given back. For those whose accounts the hacker already got into, it is hard to say what will be given back and what will not. They keep track of your purchases, transfers, pin usage, so they may be able to kind of reset to a past save point, like you would if you wanted to soft reformat your computer.

The fact of the matter is that getting all angry and saying this person should die does nothing but make you look bad and give him the attention he wants. This kid is probably some teenage /b/-tard that felt like making a name for themselves.

That doesn't look much like a 18 year old...

I agree with Tanooki. People on here are so obsessed (can you say addicted?) with Neopets that it troubles their rational thinking. It makes you look more sad than a teenager who's actually smart enough to figure this out by himself. Imagine the skill it'd take. I bet it's harder than feeding an omelette to your beloved Draik.

Hahaha! I just heard on the boards that he had been trying to sell Munsterpoo's and Featheralley's account for a million dollars each. xDDD

I remember the last time there was a huge outbreak like this, and someone DID get arrested. Hopefully that will happen in this situation as well.

That doesn't look much like a 18 year old...

I agree with Tanooki. People on here are so obsessed (can you say addicted?) with Neopets that it troubles their rational thinking. It makes you look more sad than a teenager who's actually smart enough to figure this out by himself. Imagine the skill it'd take. I bet it's harder than feeding an omelette to your beloved Draik.

I love neopets, but can you think of the little kids, who work as hard as they possibly can on their accounts, and although it's highly unlikely, be targeted and have their accounts frozen? What if that was your kid? How would you feel? I think you're standing up for him, and although we're all entitled to our opinions, I don't think that your opinion is correct. ( Is that even possible not to have a correct opinion? :P) BUT he should be fined. At least that. And he will probably spend some time in jail for hacking. Oh, and btw, that is not him in the picture.

Wow, I only just knew about this on this forum. I don't go to the boards that often.

Anyway, I think he should get his punishment, either fine or jail. He deserve it. To me, stealing an account is already bad enough. Imagine all the massive amount of time and effort being put to build up an account untill that level (referring to the richest)..

As for the accounts that had been stolen, I REALLY hope the owners will get them back. Or at least be compensated. I'm sure TNT can do something about it...