Jelly World!

chelsea_ann89

Jelly World!  

72 members have voted

1. 1. When the existence of Jelly World is questioned in Neoboards, which of these often resulting posts is most annoying?

• OMG lyk j33z i no itz r33l, k, i found it, h3r3 it iz!!!!!!! "-blocked-.html"
    • It doesn't exist! Stop telling the n00bs it exits, you liars!
    • It does exist! Stop telling the n00bs it doesn't exist, you liars!
    • REPORTED!!!!
    • You're all so immature. The link is...
    • Other. (Explain in reply)

I have noticed while lurking the HC that occasionally a board pops up asking "What is the link to Jelly World," or "How do you join the Jelly Board," or "OMG itz J3ll33 w0rld"... and these boards usually end up being ... interesting ....

Is it a funny occurrence to read over and/or join in on once in awhile? An annoying thing that you wish TNT would just stop? Or just a little bit of Neopets history that people just get WAY too worked up about?

What do you all think? :woot:

It seems to me that the ones who get most upset are the ones who were never actually informed that it is a joke, and also I feel that people could chill out over it a bit... though the leet speak can get very, very annoying...

post-11897-1247895786_thumb.png

I find it amusing that TNT keeps it as a joke. xD Though most people can just Google it and find the answer themselves without creating a Neoboard (or maybe they do know and enjoy the entertainment o.o). Sometimes things get out of hand in the boards and it's not just things like Jelly world and I personally think they need to cool down. Buuut I guess there are people out there like that so we have to sit through it. :/

And leet speak is always annoying in any situtation. It's a headache to decipher and most of the time not worth the effort. xD

I play along with the joke and say it doesn't exist, but I would never go so far as to call other people noobs or liars. THAT is where you get immature.

I'm exactly the same way as Ruto. I like the joke but hate it when people get immature.

But I also hate when they're like "0NGZ V N00BZ! 1T 3X15TZ @N 1 F0UND 1T!!!!!111!!!!11!shiftone"

I'm exactly the same way as Ruto. I like the joke but hate it when people get immature.

But I also hate when they're like "0NGZ V N00BZ! 1T 3X15TZ @N 1 F0UND 1T!!!!!111!!!!11!shiftone"

my cousin actually talks like that! she lives in northern cal! :grrr:

it exists!

LOL, Tivsy. xD

I try, I try. ^_^

there quite is! :evil: what do you think happened to all the petpets a while ago?

The Empire does not wish to acknowledge the existence of such a world!

This isn't the world you're looking for! *waves hand*

Records of Jelly World are unexsistant, as far as you and the the squirrel armies are concerned.

You shall all forget the name if you wish to stay in existance. The unexsistant world is key to our plans of world domination and the squirrel legions don't want the secret to get out.

I think its funny, its the boards that sometimes get annoying however... Did you guys see the joke about marshmellow world, where someone took jelly world and turned it into marshmallows! ? too funny! :)

does anyone remember the url for the jelly board. i seem to have lost it?
http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/boardlist.phtml?board=18

There you go :).

I think the most annoying is REPORTED. People who threaten to report others over the most ridiculous things is so irritating.

Yeah I saw that, stephie23! Someone also made Pea World. It's a petpage: http://www.neopets.com/~Pealland

To answer your question, Aminbel, Jelly World first appeared in the news on March 30, 2002, where TNT made an apology for delays occurring at the time and mentioned that they had been "so busy... with the upcoming new world 'Jelly World'." You can read that article HERE.

This is undoubtedly the only time TNT has admitted that such a thing would be invented by them. There are countless examples of TNT claiming it does not exist and their most common comment is that it could not exist because that "would be silly." As in, for example, "not Jelly Day" on July 4th, 2007, seen in this banner: oh rly, TNT??!

The missing petpets mini-plot that monica3981 is referring to is from June 2003 when a Grundo was seen taking a mysterious wriggling sack to the Virtupets Station, but it later turned out that the petpets went away to eat some of the giant jelly.

TNT also used to claim that Robot painted pets did not exist. For instance, new features in December 2000: click me!. Look for the robot kacheek. But though robot pets now clearly exist, I don't think TNT will ever admit to the existance of Jelly World, because that would be silly.

I used neodex for my dates and links... :weird:

So, that's the story of Jelly World's (non)existence!

Yeah I saw that, stephie23! Someone also made Pea World. It's a petpage: http://www.neopets.com/~Pealland

OMG PEA WORLD!!! NO WAY!! :D haha I loooooove it! :P I wonder when TNT's planning on making a new world... maybe via the release of a new plot! :D *is dreaming currently*

It doesn't exist! Stop telling the n00bs it exits, you liars!

That is my favorite response. Mislead the n00bs!!!! XD

Arguments over jelly world are so pointless. TNT should just stop the denial.

Arguments over jelly world are so pointless. TNT should just stop the denial.

Truly. But then again, Jelly World technically isn't real. And neither is the rest of Neopia... :S And that's what makes it so great, isn't it? ^_^

I play along with the joke and say it doesn't exist, but I would never go so far as to call other people noobs or liars. THAT is where you get immature.

Quoted for the truth...

I voted for the first choice, but I can't read it. As much as I use chatspeak, I don't use it that much.

Haha! Very true. I usually don't go on the NeoBoards because of all the posts that are just nonsense.

Quoted for even more truth! Why does everyone say bump there?

• 2 weeks later...

True. But it gets so frustrating because people don't actually know that it's a joke. That's usually the "it does SO exist" side of the schism. But then the other team can get a little out of hand...

I don't know which side annoys me more, though. On one hand, the yes-it-does side is no fun. On the other, the no-it-doesn't side is very rarely original enough to be funny about it (which is the point! jokes are supposed to be funny!!).