21 day revisited

stephie23

I think the 21 day thing makes perfect sense for 99% of the site, just maybe not the gaming section...

I'm really new at the forum thing, and I decided recently to try and become more active. So I was browsing around and found the game page, and subsequently several interesting games to play. I didn't even realize that I was breaking the rule because surely posts of the 2nd page couldn't be that outdated!? Oh how wrong I was. I resurrected a few of these threads by accident!!

I think this rule would be more effective if posts could be automatically locked, or simply deleted after the 21 day limit. Is there perhaps a protocol you could put in place that would simply delete these threads once they reach said time limit.

In addition I think that (for the game threads at least) the time should be a little longer.. there are many interesting games that I would like to partake in (and accidently did in some cases) that went over the 'time limit'. They (in my opinion) aren't outdated/ old news... it just doesn't make much sense to get rid of them

My suggestion is that you should either increase the length of time (specifically for the game thread) or lock / delete these threads so that people don't either accidentally or purposfully resurrect the boards..

b) thanks for reading my suggestion! :)

We recently extended the 'inactive' date from 14 days to 21 days, so I think the chances of that being increased again anytime soon are very slim.

That said, we don't automatically lock topics after 21 days of no posting. Some people have something useful to contribute, and as long as it isn't too far past the lock date, we usually let it slide.

Say if someone wants to bring up a point in a debate that hasn't had any new posts for 24 days. While this may be past the limit, as long as it says something useful, then it's fine. But, if a person something like "Yeah, I agree", then the 21-day rule will come into effect. This also affects topics with months of inactivity, and there's really no point in necroing those threads. You can just make a new one.

Ok well that makes sense, I just found it extremely easy to accidentally break the rule. I dont know if its possible to make it more obvious that its out-dated, but I'll just have to be more careful then I guess...

There are timestamps at the top of each post. Just a quick check of the last post will let you know how old the thread is.

• 1 month later...

Hey Stephie

Where is this game page you are referring to?

And yeah, I agree.. sometimes I find an older topic and answer without realising I'm breaking the rules! (Plus, don't you feel kind of bad when you get a warning!) ;)

Ok well that makes sense, I just found it extremely easy to accidentally break the rule. I dont know if its possible to make it more obvious that its out-dated, but I'll just have to be more careful then I guess...

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not post on topics that have been inactive for more than three weeks.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Anime if you have any questions regarding this action.