When to sell Stocks?

knorella

I've been buying stocks from the Neopets Stock Market everyday for about 2 weeks now. I know the basics like when and how to buy but I'm still unsure about when to sell. Also, I'd like to know what is usually the max price that stocks rise too? I've seen stocks around 70np per share but nothing in the 100s much less the 200s that the Daily Neopets' stock market guide (http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/stock-market-guide/) shows.

So, to reiterate my questions, at what % change/ current price should I sell my stocks? And, what is the max price that stocks usually reach?

Well, it really depends. Lately the whole Neopets stock market has been down so that's probably why you haven't seen the 200s. However, I think the stocks that go down to around 15 NPs usually go up to around 60NPs maximum, although I sell them much lower (30NPs or 45NPs if I'm feeling patient, which I probably am not).

Well, it really depends. Lately the whole Neopets stock market has been down so that's probably why you haven't seen the 200s. However, I think the stocks that go down to around 15 NPs usually go up to around 60NPs maximum, although I sell them much lower (30NPs or 45NPs if I'm feeling patient, which I probably am not).

I've found myself selling at 30-40np, so I guess I've been doing okay. Do you think the stocks going to rise back into the hundreds?

Do you think the stocks going to rise back into the hundreds?

If you mean stocks like POWR, then yes.

Although, POWR seems to have dropped down lately. @_@

It'll go back up in time, though.

It really depends on the stock/when you buy the stocks. If you bought a stock that was at 15 NP, and you think that the stock would rise up to, I don't know, 80 NP+, and it is currently at 50 NP, then you should wait.

However, if the stock is normally under 30 NP, and it's up at the 80 NP, then SELL. Right away. That day. It will probably go back down in a few days in that case.

Meh, I guess it's up to you, though.

Just pick a value - any value - that you are happy to sell at and stick with it. Its a personal choice that depends on how much you need the Neopoints and how quickly. Lower sellpoints yield lower profits, but more frequently. Higher sellpoints give more profit but you can't expect to sell as often.

Common sellpoints are 30, 60 and 80. I also know a few people who wait to over 100 to sell. If you're after quicker profits, sell low. Otherwise the higher the better, just be prepared to have to wait a while if you choose to set your sellpoint at 80 or above.

For me, I buy any stock at 15 each day and my sellpoint is 60 (300%). I don't bother with different sellpoints for different companies because my portfolio is too large and it just complicates things - eventually any stock I brought will get that high, its just a matter of waiting :P

There are some stocks that go up higher more frequently but I don't find that its worth working out which ones. Diversity in your portfolio should cover you better!

I keep my sell point at 30. While it's relatively low, it allows me to keep more NP in my bank so that I have the NP if I need it, in case I need to get weapons for a plot or something. It's just a matter of how much you have, and how much you feel you should have on hand at any time.