Heavy rain expected over the next few hours...

antiaircraft

Well, the sixth-last round of the Altador Cup has just drawn to a close, and we're seeing some truly gravity-defying results from the matches on the 26th. Without further ado, let's head over to our on-site reporter, BlackJaguar, for the details.

maraqua_group.gif

"Thank you AA!

Getting pinned between yesterday’s riots was really scary. Good thing Bloody Mir appeared to help me out of that mess. Anyways, after winning a clean sweep against the Krawk Island Pirates, the Kreludor Moons fell victim to the Maraquan Mermaids’ vicious attack. Despite winning all side games, the Moons lost marginally when the Mermaids took the win in the main game of Yooyuball. It seems that fatigue has taken its toll on the Moons and the Mermaids’ ”Piranha-Mode” took advantage of it. The fishes continue to devastate even the large powerhouses and next on their flood-list are the Darigan Citadel Minions. If this continues the whole of Neopia might sink underwater! The Minions are taking this threat seriously and plan to fight back using their floating castle. Who do you think will emerge victorious?

On another note, The Pirates mustered a much needed win against the Kiko Lake Splashers and plan to build momentum by crushing the Faerieland Faeries today. The Shenkuu Ninjas also managed to win against the Mystery Island Natives by winning all side games and drawing in Yooyuball. Next in line for them are the Kreludor Moons. Can they repeat what the Mermaids have accomplished and prove that their karma is still active? Stay tuned!

Reporting live for TDN HQ, this is BlackJaguar for The Daily Neopets AC4 coverage, signing out!"

And thank you BJ! Ironically, forecasters in Altador report that there's a large storm system that could potentially threaten upcoming games with heavy flooding as it moves along the coastline. Queen Fyora has reportedly dispatched several of her best spellcasters to ensure that the Cup can continue smoothly.

Well, we're closing on the finals fast and the clock is ticking for any teams working on last minute winning streaks. For those close to the top, the coming matches will be absolutely critical as they try to leapfrog their way into group 1, or secure their positions inside it. Just about every other team will be pushing as hard as possible to snag whatever edge they can before the double round robin ends. Tensions are rising, pre-finals adrenalin is starting to clear that mid-season fatigue, and the pressure is on like it's never been on before (at least for this season). We'd like to wish all teams good luck!

PS: Apologies for the late report, our transmitters have been intermittently dying on us.

xD Yeah that's actually kinda true - you guys can lose against us and still stay up there without much trouble, while for us Maqs even one loss has the potential to kill our chances.

well goodluck!! maraqua the spotlight is all yours we will just sit back and lose and wait for the finals..!! ^_^ ^_^

thank you :P no seriously THANK YOU! :hmmph: Go Maraqua, we're the undefeated team in YYB for a while now and we plan to keep that title <_<

I can't believe we're so close to the finals...

Great job Maraqua! Beating Kreludor for the first time in Yooyuball! :)

However I disagree with the prediction for Shenkuu verses Kreludor, I'm pretty sure we won't get swept! ;). But good luck to Kreludor anyway.

However I disagree with the prediction for Shenkuu verses Kreludor, I'm pretty sure we won't get swept! ;). But good luck to Kreludor anyway.

Well, there's only one really clear, effective way to disagree with a prediction. ;)

*Huggles every fishie around*

Good job everyone, good job :)

I've heard that many teams came to our board after yesterday results to congrats us... Some are just happy we are doing so well and others were rather happy to move up in rank themselve lol.

Anyway, let's keep it up, shall we :P

great great job done by MA. with that defeat to KD, that gives KI a better chance of regaining 1st place. lets just hope that SK can pull off another victory, so that KI will get the clean sweep as expected

When I read these boards, I noticed something... When someone posts about who they would want to win (other than their team) I've seen KI mentioned a lot but also DC, LD, Shenkuu, etc. But I have never seen anyone say they want KD to win. It's just interesting that KD does not seem to be much liked except for their supporters. Maybe that's not true, it is just a feeling that I get after going on boards (and not just here but in general).

When I read these boards, I noticed something... When someone posts about who they would want to win (other than their team) I've seen KI mentioned a lot but also DC, LD, Shenkuu, etc. But I have never seen anyone say they want KD to win. It's just interesting that KD does not seem to be much liked except for their supporters. Maybe that's not true, it is just a feeling that I get after going on boards (and not just here but in general).

Maybe all of the other teams are just afraid of having KD in the finals ^_^. It is very much a race with five teams but since there are only four spots, I guess most people are looking at teams that have been previously successful. But I know I'm playing really hard against KD on Sunday.

I have been thinking the same exact thing! It seems like Kreludor is the underdog no one wants to support, it's strange. Even people I have talked to that support Faerieland and Altador, teams that (I am very sorry to say) are not in the running for the finals, don't want KD to win. They all want the Krawks, DC, or LD to win...but I think we at least have a chance!

21145.png

I have been thinking the same exact thing! It seems like Kreludor is the underdog no one wants to support, it's strange. Even people I have talked to that support Faerieland and Altador, teams that (I am very sorry to say) are not in the running for the finals, don't want KD to win. They all want the Krawks, DC, or LD to win...but I think we at least have a chance!

That is what attracted me to them as well. I never thought they would be as high as possible when I joined. But then when I saw KD being in top 3 the whole time, I thought people might change their minds but it seems like they still want every other team to win and KD is just a team at the top theat should be no hhigher than 5th place (as predicted before). I guess I just don't understand why there is so much dislike... at least now I feel like I am not crazy thinking this way...

That is what attracted me to them as well. I never thought they would be as high as possible when I joined. But then when I saw KD being in top 3 the whole time, I thought people might change their minds but it seems like they still want every other team to win and KD is just a team at the top theat should be no hhigher than 5th place (as predicted before). I guess I just don't understand why there is so much dislike... at least now I feel like I am not crazy thinking this way...

I guess it's just like you said, no one thought Kreludor would be in range of getting a spot in the finals, let alone winning Krawk Island in every game ^_^ I think a lot of people are angry that they did not see this coming. Everyone just assumed that it would be KI, Shenkuu, LD, and some other team in the finals. Who would have guessed Kreludor would be on the top!

KD was a dark horse even last year but it disappointed me when they failed to enter the top four.

Just think about it this way, maybe the reason you don't see much supporters on the boards is because they are all busy playing Yooyuball instead and that is the secret of KD's success.

I like you articles about each day, but your predictions are very biased.

SK's win is a "Schedule failure" because KD had a supposedly hard schedule, yet before this match SK had to face DC, KI, LD, MI in a row and still won.

Hmm...