Darigan sweeps to gain 2nd!

Guest Krawk Islander

Guest Krawk Islander

Today's results were pretty standard, with the only surprises going to Meridell vs Haunted Woods, who managed to escape with a close win. Yooyuball, however, remained closely tied. Krawk Island had no surprise beating the Faeries, while Darigan shocked a little by showing its true colors and sweeping Maraqua off their fins.

darigancitadel_group.gif

Now, since AA and BJ all seem to be missing, I'll be taking the reporter duty today, on-location in Darigan:

I'm here in Darigan where the festivities are close to none after beating Maraqua, and everyone is focusing on the tough match against Shenkuu. The Darigans want to maintain their respectable position, whilst Shenkuu desires to enter Group 1 once more, so they'll be looking both to defeat their opponents. We had the opportunity to speak with Tormo Frein, who tells us:

darigancitadel_2.gifThis match is so crucial, we can't stress it enough. It's an opportunity to reach Krawk Island and show them that the "curse" we had is long gone. Foremost, we must beat Shenkuu today, and our tactics seem to point in the right direction as far, so we should take it. I'll show them the meaning of "Terror"!

Maraqua have been on an unfortunate run, apparently, dropping 5 places (7th to 12th) in the last week. Questioned about such an unlucky streak, Elon states:

maraqua_1.gifIf SOMEONE would just pass me the Yooyu instead of fooling around with it, I would have been able to score much more and we'd actually have a chance of winning! But no...they decide to play around, passing the ball majestically, like no worries are present, and then...WE LOSE! I do not approve of this style of play, how do you think Krawk Island, Kreludor....

Ooops, we lost the connection there. Someone obviously doesn't get the meaning of teamwork, but that's Elon for you!

Next, we move on to Meridell, who seems to be in festivities even though they lost overall. But proven, some draws here and there (and especially in Yooyuball) is exactly what they needed to keep up the 9th position. Haunted Woods has no reason to smirk, and stalking the "big, bad guys" is getting tougher by the day, as the distance between them is greater and greater.

Krawk Island will be facing Mystery Island. Bertie Shurtz is conviced her team can get the overall win, and reporting to us, she says:

mysteryisland_3.gifWe had a rough patch against some teams lately, and Roo Island just tied against us. We are fired up against the Krawks, and prove we must get to Group 2, at all costs. Our tactic formation is certainly working, now all we need is the will to win. But that is quite abundant here in MI! *laughs*

Well, there you have it! We also note the tenacity of Kiko Lake, who managed to beat Virtupets yesterday, and Tyrannia, who held up well against Lost Desert. Good job, everyone, you deserve it.

Now, let's get focused for today, and play!

I just hate being at such a high level so early. Once you are at top, there is no where you can go but down. That's not hard to do either..when every team wants to beat you. Seems like every time we don't sweep we drop. ):

Kreludor is actually doing great, and I think you guys have a lot of good team spirit! That's something to be proud of! =)

I'm really excited that Darigan is moving up! I just hope we don't lose it and get too cocky.

Lets go darigans! Cut the forum chat and lets go for a sweep!

Good luck to all of those shenkuu ninjas as well. You are a great adversary.

Pfft, we were expecting to get swept. No great victory there. :P

Kidding, congratulations DC. :yes:

We've dropped to 12th though... Let's hope we can climb again. One day, we will be 1st! (for one day, that is. :D)

*ahem* Why do some teams do consistently well, and others consistently badly, though? Like Altador, or Faerieland (Faerieland I can understand, though... 5-year-olds who don't know exactly how the AC works... XD