Lost Desert ends Krawks' undefeated Yooyuball streak!

Guest Krawk Islander

Guest Krawk Islander

After quite an intense day, with few clean sweeps, Kreludor has managed to beat Haunted Woods, while Lost Desert claimed Yooyuball against Krawk Island. Krawk Island still has retained the top spot, although Kreludor is getting very near.

AA is here with our daily report:

"Thanks HBK! So, we're now 10 days into the Altador Cup, and we've had some clear leaders emerging in the standings. These include, of course, Krawk Island and the Lost Desert, two teams which were pretty much expected to be right up there after excellent showings last year. There are also the teams from Kreludor and the Darigan Citadel, which have surprised everybody with some exceptional play to seat themselves among the top contenders for group 1. Trailing just behind are Shenkuu and Mystery Island, strong contestants ready to seize the opportunity to leapfrog to the peak of the leaderboard.

lostdesert_4.gifThe match between Krawk Island and the Lost Desert has been of special interest to many today - and (unless you were looking for a clear winner) it didn't disappoint! The Mummies kept a firm grasp on Yooyuball, while the Pirates snatched up the side games, leaving the results inconclusive, and the fans looking eagerly forward to the next match. But we'd like to take the spotlight off the favourites for a bit, and take a peek at how the less popular, often-neglected teams further down on the leaderboard are doing.

terrormountain_2.gifTerror Mountain, for one, defended themselves fantastically against Mystery Island, winning Make Some Noise and Shootout Showdown, and freezing the Natives' advances with some delightfully refreshing slushies. While they weren't able to face down the powerful offence of Volgoth and his team in Yooyuball, hence losing overall, taking a look at the difference between the teams on the leaderboard (the Chillers are 14th, while the Natives are 6th), it truly is a spectacular achievement!

Time and experience can work wonders if you just step aside and let them." explained Prytariel, captain of the Chillers. "As the team racks up more matches, and we get more strategies and techniques under our belts, I think you're all going to see outcomes a lot better than what we did today.

Volgoth of Mystery Island did not wish to comment on the matter (seriously, if you want to go ask him, it's your funeral!).

virtupets_1.gifThe robots are another team that have frequently surprised analysts. This time the tenacious team from the Virtupets space station pushed back hard against the Darigans' assault, securing wins in Slushie Slinger and (as has come to be expected) Shootout Showdown. A defeat when tallied up, but a triumphant one for a squad that had been expected to (and still might) rank in group 4.

We might not win every time, but we fight our hardest for every last goal, and it's paying off!

Remarked Keetra Deile, with her statement being backed by enthusiastic cheers from many of Virtupets' scrappy supporters.

Well, we seem to be having some problems with our transmitter on this end, so I'll have to hand it back to you for now HBK. This is AA, reporting for The Daily Neopets, signing off."

Well, certainly a tough day approaching, with Shenkuu squaring off with Kreludor. Can the pirates stay leaders, now that they're against Faerieland? We'll see!

T'was a good game, Maraquans! :3 Best of luck against DC today! :O We're up against Kreludor THEN DC. Dang! :P

SK might survive... if we don't explode, that is. :P

It's weekend for me now (well, Friday night), but I'm going away Sunday (or Saturday for all you Americans =D) so I will only get to do the KD match.

Can the pirates make their way up again, now that they're against Faerieland? We'll see!

I have a bad feeling about that... maybe it's just bias. :P

Guest Krawk Islander
Still NO mention of MQ at all? Why dont you talk about it?

Uhm...we've talked about Maraqua before, here, remember?

Maraqua didn't exactly impress today, and other teams deserve the spotlight, otherwise they'll never get a chance, which would be unfair.

It would be great if KI got clean-swept by Faerieland.

Honestly, I do wonder why some teams always do better than others.