Yooyuball Questions

I might be imagining this but.. I'm finding mystery island quite tricky today?!?! I think it's their defense.. I can't remember what formation they are playing but I'm nearly sure it's three up forward and one defender!! They keep cornering me and blocking me.. it seems like they have a much more physical defense and are playing with a completely different strategy?!

Does anyone else notice differences between different teams?

Here's an example.. I found Roo Island so easy to play.. I literally walked around them and scored. (8-0 - personal best - woo!) I adapted to their style and found ways around them.. Today, i'm trying to use the same tactics with mystery island I can barely get a look in!!! I think my best score so far has been 4-0.

Am I imagining this?!

Are some teams are "better" than others in how they are programmed?

I'm getting near constant 10-0 scores against them. Just grab the yooyu and head up at about a 45 degree angle and then back down, sort of like a triangle around the middle defenders. Then just shoot it at the opposite corner. This works well if you play the 1:3 formation, with Mirsha up front. Hope this helps.

I prefer playing against the 2-2 teams as well, though I find the defensive teams FAR more annoying than the offensive teams. I just try to run around the smallest player; I've found the huge ones steal the ball more easily. (I could be imagining it, but there was this skieth...)

I'm getting near constant 10-0 scores against them. Just grab the yooyu and head up at about a 45 degree angle and then back down, sort of like a triangle around the middle defenders. Then just shoot it at the opposite corner. This works well if you play the 1:3 formation, with Mirsha up front. Hope this helps.

Yeah I've been using just Mirsha up front and it was working a charm against all the other teams.. maybe i'm just having a bad day!?!

It's no wonder Mirsha is top scorer in the whole cup.. the 1:3 formation was made for her :D

My favorite game set up are 3+1 and 2+2.

Oten is love by the way. Everyone on Maraqua will tell you ;)

Now I shouldn't share this but if you play Right to Left, you will notice there is a darker spot that can be called a crack right in the goal. you can follow that darker line to aim. Works perfectly with Fire, Normal, Snow and Robot. The thing is to shoot before reaching the first white line too.

I prefer to grab the ball, move up just a bit so I'm closer to the center player and the defenser than running in the middle of the 2 attackers. Easier that way.

I hope it made sense.

Now I shouldn't share this but if you play Right to Left, you will notice there is a darker spot that can be called a crack right in the goal. you can follow that darker line to aim. Works perfectly with Fire, Normal, Snow and Robot. The thing is to shoot before reaching the first white line too.

I prefer to grab the ball, move up just a bit so I'm closer to the center player and the defenser than running in the middle of the 2 attackers. Easier that way.

I hope it made sense.

oooh! good tips! I like to play right to left too. I hadn't noticed the spot but i'll look out for it. i still find snow a bit tricky ^_^

Yes snow is trickier because if you don't have the angle and shoot from too far, it will either be stopped by the goalie or hit the pole. So that's why I prefer not to go too much far up XD. You will see, practice makes it purrrrfect!

And just to answer one last question...

Are some teams are "better" than others in how they are programmed?

Nope, all the computer controlled teams are equally stupid. :P It's generally a matter of preference and the patterns that you develop which determine how difficult a team is.

One thing that i really don't like is when you are running they will knock the ball out of your reach by just hitting you when you do it to them it barely ever moves away let alone makes them have to go to get it. And lately I have been getting a glitch where i will be on the side of the guy opposite to the ball when i run around to touch it all the sudden i will be on the other side of the guy and he will have the ball... Aggravating.

Yes, to make up for their stupidity, AI players have many advantages over yours, the ability to shove yours out of the way being the one I find most annoying. <_<

snow is hate...it's actually the hardest ball for me...and the most annoying.And i won't start about the other players shoving me out of the way..makes me sooo mad...

It's harder to play with 1+3 teams because the other player almost always gets the ball first...

Guest Krawk Islander

I fine 2+2 the easiest tactic, both offensively and defensively. Offensively, because Dasher is always on top left side of my attack, which I always initiate from there, and that's what makes him have more goals. Ealyn has some goals on the rebound, 'cos if I fail, I go with him to shoot since Dasher is too up forward to come back, steal the ball and have another attempt on goal. If that all fails, Zayle will steal the ball, unless it's a fire one, where the opponent has a good chance to score because, let's put it nicely, Garven Hale isn't the fastest GK ever (Kiko Lake's one is - well, bulky anyway).

1+3 just doesn't work for KI, since Eayln is up front, and I don't favor him for scoring.

I've also noticed that Dasher seems to be slower than some other players, which really makes the game more realistic, as you know he's old. His finishing is truly a sight to see, though. xD

Oten is love by the way. Everyone on Maraqua will tell you

So true, I always use him when the ball is stolen frm me. The one that I always score with is Elon the acara.

I've also noticed that Dasher seems to be slower than some other players, which really makes the game more realistic, as you know he's old. His finishing is truly a sight to see, though. xD

Nicely said :yes:. Whatever some say, I STILL find that some are faster or easier to play with.

I had this exact question a few days ago when DC played RI. The day before we had played FL and I was surprised at how much easier RI seemed to be. I know that 'officially' every team is equal, it does often seem that the 'teams to beat' are often very easy while the teams that rarely do well are the hardest to play against.

Call me crazy, but I think something fishy is up.

I hope it made sense.

Im only replying on this because this is a GREAT tip and I think that people looking on different pages should see it.

Yes, to make up for their stupidity, AI players have many advantages over yours, the ability to shove yours out of the way being the one I find most annoying. <_<

Yeah that's pretty annoying, but we have speed over them too. Our player can move a lot faster than theirs.

1+3 just doesn't work for KI, since Eayln is up front, and I don't favor him for scoring.

Yeah I agree. That's why I always use 2+2, since Dasher can get to it quickly.

But I haven't noticed him to be slower at all. He's just as fast as everyone else (even at his old age. They don't call him "Dasher" for no reason :P)