Hw plot

Kitty

i dont know what im doing wrong :( ive got all my vines and been roaming the forest for about an hour now... what am i suppose to be doing?

You have all the 30 vines, ok but have you used them to make a rope to climb down a cliff yet?

Moved.

Yep. The TDN instructions on this aren't very clear, are they? (Much more clear than others, though, I have to say)

It's basically trial and error, but you first need to find that clearing (A gap in the blue background and with no objects obscuring it.)

Hi all. :) Don't know if I need to introduce myself elsewhere or if I can just jump in anywhere, but here goes . . .

Im having the same problem, how do you weave them together?

I don't know if this is the same problem or a different one. I'm at the clearing and I click and get this message:

You spend a few minutes weaving the vines you've collected into a rope. Your rope isn't very strong! Sophie might be able to climb it... but Bruno would snap it in half. Perhaps you should find stronger vines.

It's the same if I just click on the clearing or if I choose a vine and then click on the clearing.

Aelf

ETA: It's also the same no matter which vine I click on . . . I've tried them all.

Any help would be appreciated. :)

If that message appears you need to try other combinations until appears amessage saying the rope is extremely strong.

I don't remember exactly how many I used but it something from 11 to 13. Anyone uses them all to make the rope. The biggest number of vines needed I heard were 18.

Meepits!!! I'm writing a guide by myself, for my pet's petpage, cause now I think this plot is easy enough for my standards so I'm gonna try and figure it out myself...

Note by me for the meepits: At the vine, blue section of the forest it is un-necessary for you to get the meepits, so don't waste your time, I was worried too, but they were there in the next section, and they didn't apear no matter how much I tried 'view quest items'. So don't worry. It's all good, just get over the vine part & you'll see you'll be fine. ***I hope***

When you weave them, do they have to be connected, or just in a big pile?

Also, mine is at the clearing, but it says:

What exactly do you plan to do with such a small number of vines?

I think it doesn't matter how you put them because I put them randomly, mostly covering the entire floor, other people used piles, and other mixed both. But putting into piles may be easy when trying to catch them again.

That message means you need to have more vines in the inventory and not so many in the floor.

Here's an easy way to do the vines bit.

1. First lay your vines out in five piles of the different types.

2. Pick up all six of the first type and click the clearing. If it shows the rope being lowered keep those ones. If it doesn't put all those ones down and try the next set of six until you find the six that does give you the lowering screen.

3. Next pick up ONE of the other vines. Click the clearing and if it gives the lowering screen, keep that vine. If it doesn't put that vine down again, and try another type of vine til you pick up one that gives you the screen.

4. Now pick up another ONE of the vines that gave the lowering screen. Does the lowering screen appear again? Yes? Keep that vine, and try another one of that type til you don't get that screen. Put down the last one that you picked up.

5. Move on til you find another vine-type that gives you the lowering screen, and do as in 4. until the screen stops coming.

6. Keep going with steps 3 - 5 until you've finished. As long as you add only one at a time after the initial six the monster shouldn't take your rope either so you won't have to find all the vines again.

You should have done the vines bit now! Congrats!

A good hint is to look at the NAMES of the vines. Personally, I used 6 Icky, 6 Gross and 4 Crumbling. Discard the weakest ones such as decaying etc.

I did this because I read that Pablo used 6 icky, 6 gross and 3 crumbling, so it may vary between people, 3 wasn't enough for me.

Don't put everything on the ground, only discard the weakest ones and then try

A good hint is to look at the NAMES of the vines. Personally, I used 6 Icky, 6 Gross and 4 Crumbling. Discard the weakest ones such as decaying etc.

I did this because I read that Pablo used 6 icky, 6 gross and 3 crumbling, so it may vary between people, 3 wasn't enough for me.

Don't put everything on the ground, only discard the weakest ones and then try

I don't agree with this - simply because when I made my rope I had to use 5 of the weakest vines. It probably doesn't matter what the names are, all vine-combinations are different for everyone