Problem with Firefox Font Colours

Guest ChimbleySweep

Guest ChimbleySweep

This is tough to explain. For some text the color comes up as the complementary color of the intended color. Once I highlight the phrase it goes back to the intended color. How can I fix this? I took a screen shot of a good example (it's not all text just some).

Complementary color:

2ppltn6.png

After highlighting the intended color comes back:

2dakbb8.png

This happens to me, too.

On TDN... you can fix it by changing skins to the "TDN Classic" skin.

I don't know how to fix it on other websites.

Firstly, what version of Firefox are you using? (need to know to file bug/search for filed bugs)

And could you give me a link which I could look at to reproduce it?

Guest ChimbleySweep
Firstly, what version of Firefox are you using? (need to know to file bug/search for filed bugs)

And could you give me a link which I could look at to reproduce it?

I'm using the latest version of Firefox, so that's what 3 or 3.1 something like that.

It happens on Neopets, but everywhere else too. Apparently my friend tells me that my computer recognizes the RGB as BGR. He wasn't sure how to fix that other than just reversing the HEX code. Do you know of a way?

Well, if it's specific to your computer, then I could probably find a fix for a Linux system. Windows is just fail for that sort of thing though, and I have no Mac experience. xD

Although, from the coding experience I have, this problem isn't usually caused by a browser or operating system. It happens when people set hex 'color' attributes in HTML tags without prefixing a hash and/or quoting the hex value.

Basically:

<font color="#0F0FFF">...</font>

is a correct example, while

<font color=#0F0FFF>...</font>

and

<font color=0F0FFF>...</font>

are wrong and tend to cause the problem you mentioned. Nobody should be using the <font> tag in modern HTML anyway, CSS is a much cleaner and more powerful option (but sites like Neopets force you to use it I think).

Nobody should be using the <font> tag in modern HTML anyway, CSS is a much cleaner and more powerful option (but sites like Neopets force you to use it I think).

Yes, and I prefer to use CSS in layout/font coding too.

Unfortunately some people don't though and that causes this hereby problem.

Yes, and I prefer to use CSS in layout/font coding too.

Unfortunately some people don't though and that causes this hereby problem.

:O *randomly hugs you*

Sorry, it's just I've listened to waay too many idiots ranting about how CSS is overcomplicated and useless and so on. It's great to see somebody with some sense for once! :P

CSS is a much cleaner and more powerful option (but sites like Neopets force you to use it I think).

I agree also. It seems like this happens only here and there so it probably is when people use HTML instead of CSS. Whenever I code a page I use CSS =D Makes the world easier =D

Add me as another fan of CSS, it's helped me infinitely with coding webpages with divs. :D

Though this is the first time I've heard of Firefox changing font colours like that. I hope the original poster has fixed the problem.

• 4 weeks later...

This is off-topic, but I hereby state this is allowed only this once.

1. How did a guest post?

2. English, was that you?

As an answer to #1, I suppose that there may be weird permissions on a forum or a subforum somewhere, and a mod moved it without a notice being placed. Ian probably has logs he can look through.

As for #2, I would say yes, but I can't be any more sure than you.

And as for the original problem, I really have no idea. But maybe Firefox has released a minor (or major (didn't 3.5 come out a couple days ago?)) update that fixes this bug. Have you checked to make sure that you're using the absolute latest version of Firefox?

And as for the original problem, I really have no idea. But maybe Firefox has released a minor (or major (didn't 3.5 come out a couple days ago?)) update that fixes this bug. Have you checked to make sure that you're using the absolute latest version of Firefox?

Well technically speaking, if this problem is caused by people missing out the hash character before a hex colour code, then Firefox isn't at fault. :yes: Just saying...

I'm sorry, this isn't making sense to me. Are you saying that Firefox reverses or mixes up the color code if the pound sign or quotes are missing? This seems like really weird default behavior for a browser. Most browsers would just insert whatever is missing when it's evaluating the source.

I'm sorry, this isn't making sense to me. Are you saying that Firefox reverses or mixes up the color code if the pound sign or quotes are missing? This seems like really weird default behavior for a browser. Most browsers would just insert whatever is missing when it's evaluating the source.

I agree it's weird, but it's not wrong per se, and it would probably be a bit complicated to implement a fallback system. The thing is, the 'color' attribute needs to handle colour names, hex values, and RGB values - the hash is meant to tell the browser it's a hex value.

• 2 months later...

I think my internet connection is wrong or some bad crap happening i cant seem to figure how to fix it..

Basically when i uplaod a file to a site it either stops half way with gigeshare or it goes uplaod file in or it goes the page cannot be displayed. Iam on firefox btw. Does anyone have any idea why or how this may have occured and possible solutions to fix it?

runtime error 91

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Stephanie*) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump old topics that have been inactive in over 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Stephanie* if you have any questions regarding this action.