Spendable Points?

So I was browsing through previous years' AC prizes, and I noticed the year that the Darigan team won, for 18,000 points a Darigan PB was one of the possible AC prizes. The year Haunted Woods won a Haunted Woods PB was available for 2,000 points. If Krawk Island wins do you think we'll get to buy a pirate PB??? :O

But my real quandry is, what is it that gives us these points? YYB goals? High scores? Rank points?

This is the fourth year this game has been running, do we still have no idea?

They come from the games you play.

That's all what we know. We have already answered that question in your other thread too.

Ouch.

But you didn't answer my question. :( You said "Never really took time to analyse it... Someone may know better." So I was trying to expand upon that with a fresh, new, specific discussion about how exactly we get points for things.

Of course they come from the games we play, but which part of them? Maybe somebody was a really high scorer last year and they noticed they got a ton of points, or maybe they scored really high but didn't rank up much and didn't get alot. Who knows? I didn't get points last year which is why I'm asking those who did.

I apologize for my curiosity I guess.

I'm curious too. :* It actually wouldn't be that hard to figure out. If anyone could remember how many points they got last year, you can just click their trophy and see their stats. If at least 4-5 people could remember, we could just line up their points with goals, high scores, plays, etc.

I'd contribute, but I haven't played before either. :*

I just play Yooyuball as hard as I can and usually get a lot of points. :O I don't think anyone has bothered calculating the point system.

Well, I suppose TDN could ask everybody to record every single score for every single game they submitted, then have them enter all that data and the number of points they got into a form. We might be able to work something out from that. :P

Well, I suppose TDN could ask everybody to record every single score for every single game they submitted, then have them enter all that data and the number of points they got into a form. We might be able to work something out from that. :P

But I think it changes every year. I think they take the max scores and calculate the points. If not, wouldn't it be stupid if the max player got eg 20,000 points but the prize was 40,000?

Point taken. TNT probably uses similar mechanisms for calculating plot prizes and AC prizes. :yes:

Ouch.

But you didn't answer my question. :( You said "Never really took time to analyse it... Someone may know better." So I was trying to expand upon that with a fresh, new, specific discussion about how exactly we get points for things.

Of course they come from the games we play, but which part of them? Maybe somebody was a really high scorer last year and they noticed they got a ton of points, or maybe they scored really high but didn't rank up much and didn't get alot. Who knows? I didn't get points last year which is why I'm asking those who did.

I apologize for my curiosity I guess.

If you put up plenty of quality scores for games you shouldn't have anything to worry about. I'm not sure if your 1 goal scores on SSD are going to do that for you, but maybe you've found a loophole. General rules of thumb are:

1.) Side games don't really contribute that much to your rank, unless you play alot of them.

2.) Yooyu ball isn't the fastest game but it gives you the most quality points.

3.) The better you play, the better you'll be rewarded.

So to sum it up, the more time and effort you put in the better your reward, nothing in life is free.

It isn't about the goals, scores, it's all about the total amount of times you play.

Found some guy who had a pic of last years AC and he had played YYB for 2200ish times + a lot of sidegames and got 29k of prize points.

It didn't take a sec to realize that most likely you get 10 prize points for 1 YYB game and a lot less from the side games (1+ pts per game or something like that)

It may not be quite accurate, but fact is, YYB will get you a lot of points if you play it.

** last year you got 115 games so it made you 1150 pts for YYB and you got that 150 pts from other games, since you also got 2 ties, probably got 1170 from YYB.

Just my 2 cents :P

It isn't about the goals, scores, it's all about the total amount of times you play.

Found some guy who had a pic of last years AC and he had played YYB for 2200ish times + a lot of sidegames and got 29k of prize points.

It didn't take a sec to realize that most likely you get 10 prize points for 1 YYB game and a lot less from the side games (1+ pts per game or something like that)

It may not be quite accurate, but fact is, YYB will get you a lot of points if you play it.

** last year you got 115 games so it made you 1150 pts for YYB and you got that 150 pts from other games, since you also got 2 ties, probably got 1170 from YYB.

Just my 2 cents :P

That makes alot of sense :) Good thing YYB is my main game ^^

admittedly this is something that we as a group should probably research a bit. the problem is last year there wasnt shoot out show down, which means that there is a new veriable to the game which might make the point ratio smaller sense they added another game with is really quick to win.... on the same token the rank of sheilding might yeild more points per game kind of like a level up effect. for instance you play 700 games of msn as a level three, do you make the same ammount of points per make some noise as you would if you were a level one player? these are some questions ive had sense the start but sense theres no way to proove or disproove the ideas yet i cant really say much on the subject.

what i think we should do is if we can make a rank calculator we should try to figure out a possible ""point calculator"" the problem with this is again we have NO IDEA what the prizes will be for praticipation which makes the idea moot in the sense that we cannot plan ahead to find out what prizes we want or will get. its lovely to think that we could all be psychic and figure it out but the problem is everything involveing this subject has no use till the end of the altidor cup anyways. so my reasoning is that we should attempt to find out for next year what were doing for points for the prize shop, that way people can find a number they deem "favorable" for the most likely high costing item. im not agenst the idea of a point calculator as one might suggest from my previous statements im agenst trying to figure it all out right now, i think if were doing this we should attempt to figure it out for next year but make it a veriable scale as that way we can try to figure out how much we can make in points and especially if theres a cap on how many points you can get in the gameing next year. as im of the understanding that if you reach a level 20 shield which i can hear you all going "yea right that will take forever" does the points stop alfter the level 20 shield or do they keep going up over every game you play?

sorry for the very very long post but these are all points and ideas and questions that should be asked thought of and attempted to be answered by someone at some point for future referance ^.^

Well i will probably find out this year if there is a cap if you get to level 20. I am already at level 10 maybe 11 after today. I should be able to get to twenty and since i will still have to play in the finals and what not i am almost positive i will be going over the level 20 what not.

i got bored the other day and found out 21950 plays of msn can get you to level 20 so i figure "its quick mildly fun why not?' granted the biggest help but i noticed we lost on both side games sense it seems we all over compensated for youyo ball and slushie slinger.

If you only play one single game like MSN, SSD, YYB or SS the entire tournament it will take 24000 to get to level 20 with MSN or SSD. It will take 2000 for YYB and 4000 for SS. I did the math like the 2nd day.

After looking at the forum posts from last year, it looks like people had thought that the rate was 12.5 spendable points per yooyuball win, and there was no mention of the number of goals being a factor.

What we need to figure out the rate is at least two people who remember their stats from last year: one with a high goal scoring rate per win and one with a low goal scoring rate per win, and the two should ideally have a similar amount of wins (so that they can be easily compared). Once we get this, then we can actually get a more confident answer to this question, so speak up!! ;)