Signups are OPEN!

Ali Cat

That's right, signups are offically OPEN! *cheers*

ac_2009_news.jpg

Click me to get redirected to the main AC4 page!

You'll be greeted with a popup probing you to join a team here. You can search through the icons at the top of the page you'll be redirected to to read up on the teams competing.

When you sign up, you'll even be rewarded with that snazzy Yooyuball Keyquest Token!

yooyu_80.gif

Need a few guides for the four, not three, games that will be in this years Altador Cup IV? All guides written for TDN's awesome AC4 Coverage!

Now, switching over to our field reporter, BlackJaguar!

"In a few days, we anticipate the opening of the most prestigious tournament in the whole Neopia, The Altador Cup 2009. Preparations are already being made for this highly awaited event. The spotlight falls to the top three teams of last year’s Cup, the Lost Desert Mummies, The Krawk Island Pirates and the champion, The Roo Island Roos.

"I’ve visited the Mummies’ training camp last week at the sand dunes near Quasala. They have a very grueling training regime including a race towards the top of Coltzan’s Shrine to increase their stamina, blasting scarabs to improve their aim and Tag-of-wars to increase strength. But the question still remains, will the Lost Desert Mummies be able to stun their opponents this year or will they disappear behind the shadows of the famous teams?

"The Krawk Island Pirates are eager for revenge after almost winning last year’s cup. Rumors are spreading that the smugglers are doing a lot more business now to raise funds for weapons and ships (seriously, it looks more like they are going to war). I’ve also witnessed their training which includes defusing sea mines to improve concentration, burying themselves at the seashore to practice their breathing techniques and swimming with sharks to become braver. With all these preparations, will the Pirates be able to accomplish their goal this year or will they fall short again from obtaining the cup?

"Last year’s champions are also on high alert. I’ve talked to Lilo Blumario, last year’s MVP, and he said that they have been training since the start of the year. His highness, King Roo, said that despite the recession, the Roos will be fully equipped to defend their title this year. Unfortunately all their trainings are top secret and I wasn’t permitted to have a look. Expectations are high that they will win this year’s Altador Cup but will they really be able to do the elusive back-to-back championship or will they also become victims of the "Cursed Cup"?

"This year’s competition is something to look forward to. The Colosseum is already under improvement so it will accommodate the expected thousands of participants. The Daily Neopets Team is also busy preparing to give you the best coverage of the 2009 Altador Cup.

"Reporting straight from TDN-HQ, this is BlackJaguar for The Daily Neopets AC4 coverage, signing-out."

I'm pretty excited too! I love reading the boards filled with Altador Cup lovers! They're always full of energy that I feed off of...and that's from all teams. I just have to not get too excited and start practicing too much right now or else I'll get bored. LOL

Guest Krawk Islander

Wow, this is really early, actually the earliest Cup ever. Not that good for me, since I only finish school June 5th, but still, I'll play 150 games if I can. xD

Krawk Island ftw!! I haven't ever contributed all that much but I don't go back to school until late august and have loads of free time so it'll be different this time :) Hope the prizes are great.

I'll hope to be prepared. :)

I'm not sure how my timetable's going to be the next month, but I'll be sure to fit in at least 5 games a day, as well as try out that NC challenge, if I'll actually have the NC. :(

Thanks for the report BJ!

Thanks for the report BJ!

Thanks!:D hopefully I can do more. :woot:

Are guests able to reply at this forum even without registering? (just like last year?) I just wanted to know because that gave last year's coverage a nice boost :D

Thanks!:D hopefully I can do more. :woot:

Are guests able to reply at this forum even without registering? (just like last year?) I just wanted to know because that gave last year's coverage a nice boost :D

I believe we are asking for registration this year... (Need to check)

Go Maraqua! :)

Well, I've already signed up and gave the early schedules a once-over. Meridell first for Shenkuu, which hopefully won't be too bad, but then Krawk Island second! :( :( :( Then Tyrannia, fearsome at Slushie Slinger, but hopefully not terrifying at Yooyuball, and Roo Island the defending champs - I just hope they go into the usual post-cup decline like all the others before them have!

Also, it appears that the "lesser" games are open for score submitting. I'm playing them through the Neopets website, not TDN< so I don't think there's anything wrong with submitting. At least, I hope there's not.

EDIT: Okay, this may have been just a bug yesterday, it seems. You can still play the games and earn Neopoints (except Yooyuball, because you can't submit your score against the practice team), but they no longer get added to the counter next to the shield like the Shootout Showdown game I played yesterday did.