The "Almost Got It" Thread

Masaryk

Ever had one of those days where you fell short of getting a game avatar or trophy by a couple of points? Or you spotted a really cheap auction that no one was bidding on, but by the time you clicked on it, it was over? Or you missed buying the Plushie Bruce Morphing Potion you've always wanted from the Magic Shop because the page was slow to load?

If you've been cursed with an almost-but-not-quite-good-enough game score, or a failed restock, or any other colossal failure of luck on Neopets, then this is the place to share your woe. It happens to all of us sometimes, so come and vent your frustration.

Here's my small, but annoying failures for the day:

- I missed the end of an auction for a cheap Krawk Transmogrification Potion.

- I spotted a Darigan Draik Egg in Meridell Foods, but I was too slow to buy it (it's really hard to type in 1777777 quickly).

- I saw a Mootix at the Money Tree, but it was gone by the time it registered in my mind that there was something there that wasn't utter junk.

That's three avatars I could have had!!!! Frustrating. :grrr:

I really can tell you about restocking woes...

I've been so close to many nice profit items... but missed.

That must be why I don't restock much now.

It was half price day, and they where selling a Uni morphing potion (can't quite remember which one it was though) for 31000, I typed it in so quickly I ended up putting 310000 and the shop keeper did that old "I can't take that many neopoints off you, yada yada!" and it was gone. I was gutted, because it was worth about 600k. :(

Oh well, apart from that, I havn't had many FAILZ yet. **Touchwood**

My "Almost Got it" moment...

I went over to Coco's house today and upon her prodding, decided to try for the Magax avatar. Got up to almost 3000 and decided to take a little break. Then I come back to realize her internet had died on me. :laughingsmiley: Oh wells~ :D

The other day my guild was auctioning off a Baby Paint Brush. Thinking I would be clever, and only bid in the last few seconds, I thought I worked out that it would end at ?.45pm, as it went to < 30 mins at ?.15pm. However, signing in at ?.35pm It had already ended, the person won it for something like 60,000!

I seriously kicked myself. Hard.

:grrr:

This is probably why I dislike restocking. I always end up with bruises for kicking myself. Especially that one time it was 1/2 price day and I just happened to go to the Magic shop out of boredom when I saw a Baby Uni Morphing potion. I need faster internet!!! :grrr:

Most of my "Almost Got It" moments come from Kad Feeding... I see a burger but someone always gets it before me. Darn not-so-fast internet. *shakes fist*

same here! it's SO frustrating! I haven't fed a kad in a few months. I guess I should start trying again...

Ever had one of those days where you fell short of getting a game avatar or trophy by a couple of points? Or you spotted a really cheap auction that no one was bidding on, but by the time you clicked on it, it was over? Or you missed buying the Plushie Bruce Morphing Potion you've always wanted from the Magic Shop because the page was slow to load?

If you've been cursed with an almost-but-not-quite-good-enough game score, or a failed restock, or any other colossal failure of luck on Neopets, then this is the place to share your woe. It happens to all of us sometimes, so come and vent your frustration.

Here's my small, but annoying failures for the day:

- I missed the end of an auction for a cheap Krawk Transmogrification Potion.

- I spotted a Darigan Draik Egg in Meridell Foods, but I was too slow to buy it (it's really hard to type in 1777777 quickly).

- I saw a Mootix at the Money Tree, but it was gone by the time it registered in my mind that there was something there that wasn't utter junk.

That's three avatars I could have had!!!! Frustrating. :grrr:

Your first one reminds me of my own worst luck on neopets, having seen a faeire shoryu potion passing me by with no one bidding at all for only 250 thousand...i was so stunned my brain was like...wait, thats supposed to be EXPENSIVE isnt it..

and then the auction ended, with no bids up, that was the worst part...i was banging my head on the wall for some time later,

Good luck with draik eggs..ive seen them many times but ive always lost out to the master restockers, or people with lightning fast internet speeds, dont worry bout that one so much.

Wow i cant believe people actually gave a mootix away. *applauds*

I saw a candychan restock a few days ago during my first time of restocking in winter petpets for longer than like 2 minutes. I was furious because I overtabbed and then still got a quick haggle on it but it was gone. Looked on the battledome RS board shortly after and the person who got it said they got it after walking in on it :/ That was 25 mil down the hole for me. -- huge failure...not as big as when I saw my first LEV on a walk-in and still GH on it!!...but still.

Hmm...luckily this hasn't really happened to me. :) In fact, I just got the Lever of Doom avvie. :)