Happy Towel Day!

Ali Cat

Towel Day is a tribute to Douglas Adams, the late creator of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. :yes:

Although I'm not sure if the Neopets towel day has anything to do with that...

Heh. If that's the case, this certainly is a funny coincidence.

For those that may be curious, fans of the late sci-fi/comedy writer Douglas Adams carry around towels with them all day on May 25 as a tribute to his most famous works, "The Increasingly Inaccurately Named Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Trilogy", or just "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" for short. Two of my friends and I celebrated by spending the day at the mall (with our towels, of course). If you're interested, I would highly recommend reading the books. b)

Towel Day is a tribute to Douglas Adams, the late creator of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. :yes:

Why thank you for that information, AA. :D

I shall now proceed to celebrate Towel Day. That is... if I remember. XD

When I saw "Towel Day", it reminded me of the towel quote from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I wondered if there was any connection. It's so cool to discover that there's actually a Towel Day as a tribute to Douglas Adams. He's one of my favorite Sci-fi authors.