I got frozen for accepting donations?

nikkigrrl

I'm confused. I had a friend who offered to give me 500K in neopoints. He said all I had to do was put some stuff in my shop to sell and that way we could transfer the points. I did as he said, he told me he had made the purchases and then I go to log into my account this evening and it says my account is frozen! I thought you could only get frozen for illegal trades - was this illegal? Can you not give people neopoints? Is there anyway I can get my account back (aside from filling out the form, which I did)? I am new to this - I haven't played neopets in about 7 years. When I did previously I recall many people had their accounts frozen at the time which was one of the reasons I stopped playing. Also this was a Premium account. I cannot imagine what they thought I was up to!

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Nikki

First off, did you ask your friend for donations, or did he/she do it for no reason?

Asking for donations is considered begging, and if transactions that big happen, then yes, you can be frozen.

So right now, it's just the question of whether you were asking for donations. :)

He offered to help me out - so I didn't think there was anything wrong with it. I'd been doing ok - had about 50K in neopoints I'd made myself but I thought it would be great to be able to play at a different level. I just had no idea.

First off, did you ask your friend for donations, or did he/she do it for no reason?

Asking for donations is considered begging, and if transactions that big happen, then yes, you can be frozen.

So right now, it's just the question of whether you were asking for donations. :)

It could be that your friend got the NP in a way that would cause him to be frozen - and since you accepted them, TNT probably thought you were either also him or an accomplice. Since you've mentioned that you think the taking of the donations is the reason, I assume he is frozen also?

Otherwise, what does it actually say as the reason when you log in? Could have nothing to do with the NPs from your friend at all...

Well basically the only thing you can do is send the form. If they don't reply for 2 weeks, send another one, and try to explain what happened

Everyone involved got frozen - he did, I did, and my poor 64 year old mother who hadn't played her account in years - just because she was listed as my neofriend. It was terrible. I did a chargeback though for the Premium price I paid for the account and chargedback my neocash purchases. I don't like the way they run things. It's one thing if it's free but when they start charging money for things and then just freeze accounts - that's ripping someone off. I started a new account and this time I will be very careful not to pay any real money for the account Premium service and any neocash. Thanks for the help here. I was really stunned it turned out this way. My poor friend had his account for 8 years. He was just being kind.