auction question

devrit

hey i have a question, is there a way to set an auction so that only 1 person can bid on it?

basically i have an item worth more than 800k that i want to sell...i know you can set auctions to only neofriends, but since i have more than 1 neofriend, i dont want other ppl bidding on it except the one person i want to sell it to.

thanks in advance.

Nope, you can't do one person auctions.

You can, however, make it so that the increase price makes the bidding price way over a reasonable price after the buyer bids on it. This only works if you aren't selling something for a lower than average price.

The first bid on the auction is the starting price + the increase amount. You want the highest possible increase so that the asking price after the buyer has bidded is too high for someone else to want to bid. Put the item in auctions for half of what you're selling it for as the starting price, and put the increase price as the same amount. That way the first asking price for the buyer will be the right amount, and then half of that will be added to the asking price. Use your judgement as to if this will make the second asking price high enough that no one else will bid.

Ex.: If you're selling something for 900k, you'd make the starting price 450k and the increase price 450k. The first bid will be for 900k, and then the price will go to 1.35 mill, much higher than the reasonable price, so no one else will bid. This works best for higher priced items/items with less dispute over a reasonable cost.

Keeping it a NF only auction anyway is still a good idea, just to lessen the likelihood of a random person deciding to bid :)

You don't need to do this part, but 1 hour auctions are definitely the best in this case ^^

ok thanks for your help :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please make sure all posts have at least seven words.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

You could do a trade and say that it is reserved for the specific person?

/headscratch

He says he has an item worth over 800k. You can't offer more than 800k on the TP.

They do. Usually, full lab maps are bid on with 1 Baby Paint Brush (600k) and 400k NP to cover the difference. The price of items is not taken into account when determining the 8 Million maximum, only the NP is.