The General Store Thoughts

hrtbrk

Yeah well, I didn't realize it would probably be cheaper in a user's shop because of the major deflation of the General Store's items...

To be perfectly honest, the items from the general store that appear in user shops are more expensive [at this time] than what the general store offers. Of course I don't have SSW but every time I search for items from there it's more expensive. If I remember correctly, the shirt sells for 1,000 but is half that at the General Store... even the Cybunny Diary is a couple hundred more in the user shops.

I guess there are still users pricing stuff to try and catch out people that haven't heard of the General Store. :yes:

Heh heh, thank God TNT isn't running the US economy right now :P

Hmm... *glances at news reports* Or are they? :P

You don't have to haggle in users' shops and it will be far cheaper. Why do you want to use the General Store?

The books I have looked at that appear in the General Store have all been cheaper than those in users' shops. Maybe it was a coincidence but I assumed there were some savings to be had.

- Apollo ^_^

I don't think the plan is to create any more of "these stores"... it's a general store. Like a corner shop? There's only need for one, and it's somewhere people can go to get the bare essentials, all in one place, all at the same time. Honestly, from some people's reactions you'd think they'd just given everyone three Draik Transmogrification Potion's. :P

- Apollo

I suppose they're afraid that TNT might start a trend and make more... but there's only really a need for one to be helpful for people just starting out. :yes:

I suppose, but if they make any more of these I'm sure a lot of complaints will be streaming in to neopets, and they might be forced to close some. :-( I think it's fine though, especially if they make it like a temporary kind. (For Valentine's Day and that day only they could sell love themed items)

Personally, I don't like it. I mean, its great for those necessities because now you can guarantee that you can always get the item for that price or lower. But that means that every single item displayed there will drop tremendously in resale value. And as they continue to change their stock, more and more items will deflate.

I still don't think the deflation will be that huge or that was TNT's intention because if it was, they failed. People are selling these objects for thousands of dollars in the auctions (and user shops_ - and people are bidding on them/ buying them when it costs 200 bucks in the store. The effect it's going to have in the economy will be very dismal. They will probably restock this once or twice a year - if that. If they wanted items to deflate they would change it weekly/monthly and I'm sure that I read that would not be the case.

It's basically for newbs so they can get a little taste of customization, and can purchase food but still have some money to buy other things aside from the basic necessities.

I still don't think the deflation will be that huge or that was TNT's intention because if it was, they failed. People are selling these objects for thousands of dollars in the auctions (and user shops_ - and people are bidding on them/ buying them when it costs 200 bucks in the store. The effect it's going to have in the economy will be very dismal. They will probably restock this once or twice a year - if that. If they wanted items to deflate they would change it weekly/monthly and I'm sure that I read that would not be the case.

Ofcourse they didn't do it purposely to cause deflation, as they have no clue that deflation is the real problem in Neopia, not inflation.

Well inflation really was a big problem before, since you had codestones costing almost 10k a piece, and I think TNT's done a really good job bringing that down.

In fact, I don't think things are really that inflated.

Except for retired items that is. And good BD items.

• 3 weeks later...

Love this place. It's been so helpful to me in feeding my pets, getting them toys and books. There really needed to be a newbie place since it is difficult to get acclimated to how things are done. This site (TDN) has been such a boon for me. Neopets should pay them! It is the most incredible value add to that game having this site available to answer questions and follow the dailies.

Right now soup, cracker and coffee is what pets live on!