my neopet WONT read some books!!!! help plz

randomness

its so annoying, my neopet will read some books, but with others she says 'That is like such a boring book!' and wont read it :( is there anything i can do to get her to read the book?

There is a way to get any neopet to read any book or eat any food, just change the language setting at the bottom. You might have to try more than one but eventually they will.

A neopet's preferences are based on some weird formula dealing with the number of letters in the pet's name and the number of letters in the item's name. So by changing the letters - and consequently the number of letters in the item's name - you can get your pet to read/eat/wear/accept basically anything.

Not not a formula, it's just if your pet's name has the same number of letters as the item, then it won't like it.

So a pet named Phearsome won't eat a Waterfish.

o_O *scratches head* Well then I'm very confuzzled...

That's how it's always been for me *shrugs*

I had a Kougra (I forgot the exact name), and it had nine letters, and would never eat Breadfish, Waterfish, or Radarfish, which I remember distinctly because those are dailies foods and the only things I ever feed my pets.

I think the space in between words counts, so if you feed your pet named Pluberkanom a Green Apple, it won't eat the apple.

Not sure if that's completely accurate.

• 1 year later...

The changing the language thing is no longer working......I tried to get Gothgrrl to read Guide to Brucicles and she says it is a boring book in ever language listed.....anyone else getting this?

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Viridian) because of a violation of the forum rules.

This topic is older than 21 days. Do not bump old topics. Feel free to start a new topic with your question.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Viridian if you have any questions regarding this action.

Guest Yoshinho

Actually the language thing still works but not on everything. I got my pet to drink a healing potion in Japanese xD.