That New Person Smell

Omnalu

I'm always bad at making these introductory posts... So I'll try to make this as painless as possible for all involved.

I'm 19 years old, married to a US Marine (hence the sig). I make my graphics (what little I do that is) with Macromedia Fireworks 8. I know you've probably never heard of it, but I like it ~_^

I'm a stay-at-home wife since any time a job in this small town crops up it's hunted to extinction by other military spouses. I feel bad for those employers, being hounded by cranky military spouses all day :eh:

My days are full of mostly nothing and cats. I have two furbabies that I love, and one that adopted us for the time being. We'd keep him but we're only allowed two pets.

And now, I'm rambling. Which is my best skill ~_^

Hi, and welcome to TDNF! I hereby declare that your introductory post passes muster. :yes: I do hope you enjoy your time here. There are a few guidelines you'll need to follow, but I think you'll find them fairly simple. =]

1. Be sure to read the rules. It's really really important. Our mods aren't fun when they're angry.

2. Accept our insanity. You'll learn to love it. (:

3. Join it! :evil:

4. Get active and stay active. It's so saddening when new people disappear.

5. Have fun!

Oh, there are cookies available, but I wouldn't eat them yet. They don't tend to... agree with new members too well...

Feel free to ask if you have any questions! Honestly, that's what we're here for.

I'm Livvy, by the way, and I'm COMPLETELY normal. Just like Laura. :shiftyeyes_anim:

Yes, your normalcy flows through the internet straight to me :P

Currently I have a sleeping kitty in my arms. He's on his back, exposing his belly to the world and snoring. I do wish we could keep him v_v

~*~Welcome Omnalu~*~

First, since your new to the forum, let me link you to some of the highlights and most important pages:

Rules

New Members Guide

Neopets News

Neopets Help

View New Posts

^ also located on the right hand side of the top tool bar ^

Also, if your interested, my signature contains links to some of the websites most popular features.

Now that the facts are out of the way...Let me say thank you to you and your husband for your sacrifice. It is much appreciated!

And I sympathize with your inability to find a job. I too am finding it incredibly hard to do. College kid jobs in Austin, TX are scarce.

If you have any questions or comments about absolutely anything, please don't hesitate to PM me. Stick Around & Stay Active!

Thank you Tex (is there something I should call you?). I've never been thanked for it before, it's usually 'How do you do it?', which gets old after the first few hundred ask :P

And the kitten is still sleeping, though he's next to me now and not in my arms. Tummy still in the air, still snoring. I really love him <3

You should keep him as long as you possibly can. I'm really empathetic towards animals, and imagining that kitten's feelings... makes me almost want to cry. But I won't sadden you, because that's not a nice thing to do. So, happiness! Love him as long as you can. Even if you can't keep him, he'll still have gotten your love for a while. :)

(Aww, my post is still saddening. =[ Sorry! *to self* Bad Livvy!)

I'm trying to talk my husband into letting him stay. People here have four dogs when they're only allowed one so I don't see why having a third cat is so bad. Especially since my cats don't wake people up at 4 in the morning or bark all night.

I know how you feel Livvy, my cats aren't pets, they're my babies. Edward was born under my bed so I've had him since day one so he really is my baby. We adopted Meme on New Year's Eve, and while I don't have the kittenhood with her that I do with Edward, she's still my baby. And now this kitten has become my baby, he follows me around, sleeps on me, cries when I go upstairs when he wasn't looking. I really want to keep him.

The saddest thing is, he's microchipped and was adopted from the local shelter. I called them the day he walked into my house. They got hold of the couple who had adopted him, and they didn't want him anymore, so they put him outside. He's just a baby, and this is the desert. There are Coyotes and super large crows (nicknamed Soul Chickens) that could have snatched him up! And he's not neutered yet. But he's totally attached to me and my husband. I want him >_>

He was meowing at my Edward cat through our patio door. We opened the patio door and he just walked in. My husband's a softy for cats so I'll probably be able to convince him.

Hi Omnalu!

My name's Stephanie.(Nice topic title by the way XD)

Awww, kitties...... I hope that it turns out well in the end! :)

Well, Livvy's already mentioned the bits and bobs of this forum but if you need any extra help feel free to PM one of us or post a topic ;) We'll try to help.

But most of all, I hope you do have fun! :D

That subject title is awesome, I just had to say that! Also I had to say that I used to use Fireworks wayyy back in the day, but I never got the hang of it so I just started using Photoshop and never went back.

Welcome! :D