Oscars 2009

Coco

(Lolhi, Coco.)

I liked Brad Pitt in Benjamin Button. (even if Jon Stewart hates it 8D) Also, why is Heath Ledger in the "Supporting Role" category?? He was the villain! I liked him better than Batman!

As for the Animated Feature Film, I'm torn. So very torn. Wall-E was cute, Kung Fu Panda was cool and Bolt was touching.

Basically, if you're not in a lead role... You're considered to be in a Supporting Role. Now that's what confused me about Kate Winslet's nomination. She was nominated for Best Supporting Actress for her role in The Reader when it's actually considered a lead role. o_O

I'm not really interested in it, I think all award shows are just dumb. The only thing good that comes out of award shows for me is getting to see all the pretty dresses the girls wear. :P

I'm watching it right now. :) (I believe you're watching it too since I can't see you online XD)

I love the fact they brought out previous winners of "Best Supporting Actress" to talk about the nominees. I THINK I'm watching the male counterparts now.

Edit: Heath Ledger's family accepting his Oscar. ;^; I sniffled.

I despise the red-carpet crap and the awards hype LOL.

That being said, I watched Oscar highlights on YouTube :) I adored Hugh Jackman's opening bit (he was hilarious!)

I was stoked to see Sean Penn win Best Actor for Milk :) I was kind of disappointed Milk and Benjamin Button didn't win more, but I'm online watching (er, waiting for it to load) Slumdog Millionaire to see how much I agree with the awards it won. I've heard its excellent, but I don't tend to agree with award winners. We'll see :)

I was so excited to see Heath Ledger win for Best Supporting Actor :) His performance was truly amazing and he really deserved it. He brought the Joker character to a whole new level. Jack Nicholson was my favourite Joker until I saw The Dark Night :)

I haven't seen The Reader or Frost/Nixon, so I guess that's on my list after Slumdog.

Wow, I apologize for my smiley abuse.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Crusher) because of a violation of the forum rules.

I wouldn't really consider that smiley abuse, since your post was long enough to warrant continued use of them. Also, you weren't using them in a rude or deliberately annoying way, so there's nothing to apologise for! :) However, please avoid double-posting. You can click the edit button below your post if you want to add to what you've said, or remove any content you believe may be breaking the rules. It will be noted that you double-posted as per standard procedure, however I'll make sure to write that it was to apologise for a presumed offense, so there's nothing to worry about. :)

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

LOL. It's all good.

I'm really glad Slumdog won. I got so excited when "Jai Ho" won Best Original Song! I'm obsessed with their soundtrack. The thing about Slumdog is that it's not totally depressing like the usual Oscar winners and it actually ends in a very positive note (and by positive note, I mean a homage to typical Bollywood films by dancing! XD)