Gamers?

AntiGravityAzn

It's a marketing technique. There are more people out there that are new to videogames and never picked up a console before, so you get more sales if you make games more accessible to their interests, like Wii Fit and Animal Crossing City Folk. It does sort neglect the hardcore, but that's soon to be helped with 2009. Nintendo's planning some big games like Pikmin 3, a new Zelda game, Sin & Punishment 2, and The Conduit for this year. :D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Unstream: Yes your friends were. This is why we do research before we spout things off (Wow that sounded meaner than i meant it to be). That's how I win my debates when it comes to PS3 vs. 360. lol

Well it's hard to compare the graphics, since the games need to be made specifically for the console to be able to see the full potential of it.

Still, I like the 360 for it's amazingly awesome first-person shooters. And Final Fantasy XIII is coming out for the 360 anyway, so I should be good :P

Not necessarily, but okay. Whatever. Hehe. It's completely possible for the same game on two different consoles to have the same graphics. It's up to the designer.

Possible, but if the designer would have to convert the code, well it's more work for them right? And if those little details won't impact the game that largely, I doubt they would care.

So of the newest generation of consoles, which do you prefer? 360, PS3, or Wii? Or do you like to stick with the PC?

Btw, does anyone happen to know how to get the telekinesis technick in FFXII?

Not always. For some games they will, but not all.

This coming from the person who thought Blu-Ray meant the graphics were automatically better :P MOST games will have a PS3 team, 360 team, etc., that you will find in the credits, if they are multi-platform. How do you think they are able to have same-day releases for all platforms?

I'm playing FFXII, and I'm almost done with it. Then, I'm going to tackle FFVII, and then KHCoM for the PS2. From there, I'll probably find something else, but if I'm lucky, I'll start KHBBS. It looks so cool.

I finally beat the story on Fable 2. I admit it, I got emotionally attached to my dog. I named him Faolan. Now I need to find all the keys and gargoyles. Once I get 49 keys and 49 gargoyles, I'll let you guys know if you have the game and you can join mine and we'll find the last key and gargoyle together so we both get the achie.

I've got a PS3 (80gig, one from Costco - bought it around Christmas?); the no-backwards-compatibility really fails, though. :/ I don't have any NTSC PS1 games, though I've heard they can be played on the PS3 - anyone know ?

But - Assassin's Creed = much adoration.

My current games are the Persona series. Currently playing Persona 2; Innocent Sin and Persona 4. *_* Once I'm done ? Probably the KH;CoM I've got lying around somewhere...

Oh, and Patapon for the PSP. Such an amazing game~ so fun !

As far as graphics go, it really just depends on your entertainment setup. If you have PS3 hooked up to an old-school tube TV, then the graphics will look crappy compared to an Xbox on a Samsung HDTV. But honestly, as an Xbox fan, PS3 graphics kick the Xbox graphics in the gamenads. I play the PS3 over at a friend's house who has the same TV as I do, but MAN do the PS3 graphics look amazing! Like I said, the Xbox graphics are excellent as well, but overall I think the PS3 wins with graphics.

Anyone play Prince of Persia? That looks sweet. Ugh, Microsoft fails with customer service. I'm still waiting on a repair box for my RROD mayhem :( I miss playing!

Resa, I love Assassin's Creed...and I played a Patapon demo on a friend's PSP and I LOVED it :D

Unstream, I haven't played FFXII (I haven't gotten addicted to the FF series as much as other people have), but a friend rented it from Game Fly and when he returned it, he ended up going out to buy it. So I imagine it's pretty sweet :)

• 2 weeks later...
I finally beat the story on Fable 2. I admit it, I got emotionally attached to my dog. I named him Faolan. Now I need to find all the keys and gargoyles. Once I get 49 keys and 49 gargoyles, I'll let you guys know if you have the game and you can join mine and we'll find the last key and gargoyle together so we both get the achie.
I got Fable 2 and I've gotten through the story a few times. Something funny about that game. My dog died. I chose an ending where I didn't get it back. I got the expansion (way overpriced at $8). With the expansion, you can sacrifice someone to get your dog back. I sacrificed some guy named Ted the Villager. I renamed my dog to Ted the Villager. ;b

And If you have at least 6.7 gigabytes left on your hard drive, I suggest installing Fable 2 on it. It makes it load a lot faster and stops it from having to constantly spin the disk, making your 360 a lot quieter.

Now I'm currently playing Fable The Lost Chapters on my 360. funny part about that. The 360 has a hard time playing the game, It freezes all the time. The regular xbox runs it smoothly and with minimal freezing.

I put Fable 2 on my hard drive and the audio didn't work. I mean, I could hear my character running, the water, and all the ambient noise, but I couldn't hear gunshots or swords colliding or anything of the action sounds. It was so strange, so I took it off and once my Xbox gets back from the Microsloth repair factory, I'm probably not putting it back on, lol.

LOL the hero dolls are soo obnoxious in that game. If you really want them all, I suggest having a few million gold available and going on xbox.com forums to ask someone who has them to let you get them from them.

One thins they don't have in fable 2 though, a good storyline! ;b especially compared to the first one, which is amazing.

I sacrificed some guy named Ted the Villager. I renamed my dog to Ted the Villager. ;b

That's hilarious! :laughingsmiley:

I got a 360 for my birthday last November, but the only game I have right now is Fable II. I've found all the keys and gargoyles, and now I'm just saving up my gold to buy the dolls from people on the Xbox forums.

Also, I'm dying to play Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia. (I need to get a job so I can buy more games, lol.)

(I need to get a job so I can buy more games, lol.)
lolololololololol. I wish I could get a job. Right now my only way of making money is bsing internet surveys, and at a rate of $7 for 2 months, it's not very productive. (especially when my goal is $800 for parts to build a nice computer)

Actually, I really couldn't sell computer services, seeing as I physically can't go anywhere.

& my estimate for total computer price is $750 - $900 (would probably be over $2000 if I bought it pre made) So far I have a little over $200. That leaves me with $700 to go and no real source of income.