Boo...I had to get oral surgery done today

Shane for Wax

Though I guess it isn't technically surgery since I wasn't knocked out. They numbed my mouth up, removed some dead tissue, and then removed a...thing from my lip. They're biopsying it now. I hope it wasn't cancerous. No point for it to be as such, since I don't smoke or chew tobacco. But eh. So...yeah. Yuck. Now I have a test tomorrow and I'm not sure I can take it.

Ugh oral surgery sucks. I had to go through it twice, once to remove 4 molars so I'd have enough room for the rest of my teeth, and another time to get out my wisdom teeth.

ouch hope everything turns out ok :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Make all posts at least 7 words long. Smilies do not count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

The dead tissue was taken from the right side of my face. I already had my wisdom teeth taken out in December. And it apparently got infected somehow and the symptoms didn't start up until a couple of weeks ago v.v They say it's normal though. I think they wanted to hurt me more.

That's rough, rogcchick. And for what it's worth, I say that if it involves bits of you being cut away, it's flippin' surgery!!! Joking aside, I hope the biopsy comes back normal :)

Thanks, so do I. I can't imagine what it could come back as. I mean it hasn't grown since it first formed, and that was over a year ago. It would have by then wouldn't it? I'll keep ya updated. But don't worry, I'm okay for now. Just in a lot of pain. (I know most of you probably don't care since I'm just a stranger using pixels to express feelings and opinions though)

But don't worry, I'm okay for now. Just in a lot of pain. (I know most of you probably don't care since I'm just a stranger using pixels to express feelings and opinions though)

Hey, some of my dearest friends started out as "strangers using pixels to express feelings"!

that's tough, I've only had surgery the one time. I had to get my last 3 molars out b/c my mouth is too small. They had already taken out my first one prior with NO pain killers b/c 1. I have a high pain tolerance (root canals without either) and I hate feeling numb. Good luck on the test! It's always stressful by itself not just adding the stress of the medical test you can't even study for.

the oral one I had was the only one without knocking me out. All of the others I was put out like a light. I got Percoset, a rich man's vicodin. lol And no, not all for the same reason.

60+?! That's a lot. Makes my count look lame :-P. I only count one to be honest, as the rest were hardly anything compared, in my experience at least. I don't think things such as having a lump in your neck removed compares to heart surgery. I have to get another this year so that my jaw doesn't lock up completely. Not a heart one, just a silly one. Isn't that nice. And my wisdom teeth removed but for some reason I just can't put teeth removal in the 'surgery' category. I've had teeth out before, I guess you're not really in a hospital so it feels different. Well they pull wisdom teeth out in hospitals here so I may think differently after...

I hope your lip thing comes back clean! Do you find waiting the most annoying part? Have you got the results yet?

I was put out with anesthesia and had to go into the hospital OR for my wisdom teeth, it was out patient surgery, so it was a surgery. lol

As for the results, no. Another few days and I will.

Yeup I'm getting a general anaesthetic for the wisdom so it's a proper surgery unlike sitting in at the dentist with your mouth gaping open while you're still awake. I'm allergic to general anaesthetic so most surgeries I'm awake for, on a local, which isn't the greatest, but I can't stand the feel or sound of teeth coming out. I won't sit through that again. I don't really care how sick it makes me, it's a yucky experience when awake. Anything else is fine, just not mouth stuff.

Yeup I'm getting a general anaesthetic for the wisdom so it's a proper surgery unlike sitting in at the dentist with your mouth gaping open while you're still awake. I'm allergic to general anaesthetic so most surgeries I'm awake for, on a local, which isn't the greatest, but I can't stand the feel or sound of teeth coming out. I won't sit through that again. I don't really care how sick it makes me, it's a yucky experience when awake. Anything else is fine, just not mouth stuff.

Oh I know a cure for that! Just ask someone to hit you over the head to knock you out. The only side effect would be a minor headache if done right.

When i got my wisdom teeth out the only thing i remember is the nurse saying *uncross your legs* then they put the stuff in my iv and i was out like a light! lol I dont even really remember waking up i just remember being in a different room and then walking funny to my boyfriend's car lol .....has anybody else had their appendix removed? I've been having some weird pains where it was *mine busted so my scar is 3-4 inches long* and i was wondering if that was normal...I mean its been almost 5 years but it happens all the time.. any ideas? ............@amitybelle here they knock you out at the dentists office as well

• 5 months later...

ouch i just got stabbed by a sting ray and they gave me vicadin o_0

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephanie*) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump an old topic that has been inactive for over 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Ouch, that sounds real painful... Hope you're feeling better! Hope it's not too bad to the point of needing to take painkillers...

The closest I had to an oral surgery was the typical teeth extraction (for braces for me). Didn't hurt actually, but it felt weird to have 2 gaps in my rows of teeth. -.-

Not everyone needs to get their wisdom teeth extracted right? @_@ My friend's going for it soon and it sounds rather creepy... @_@ Such stuff make me feel icky...

• 1 month later...

Wow, well they didn't use any anaesthetic, so it might not be considered to be surgery ;). I got 4 of my front teeth taken out for braces...didn't hurt at all though.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Ruto) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics inactive for more than 21 days.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Ruto if you have any questions regarding this action.