Yet another BC entry from Izzy

Izzy ♥

Yay :D Thank you all for the votes!!

My Vote Is Casted. Do you win ever time you enter?

I can't even imagine who could be beating you...

Haha, trust me there are some truly amazing artists in the BC - they totally put me to shame! I'm always a bit awed by some of the art I see entered.

So far, I have been lucky enough to win first in species every time I've entered though ^_^ It is much, much easier to advertise from my main account however, after this one I'm not sure I'll enter from a side again xD The BC is only about 10% art, the other 90% is how much you advertise!

Yay :D Thank you all for the votes!!

Haha, trust me there are some truly amazing artists in the BC - they totally put me to shame! I'm always a bit awed by some of the art I see entered.

So far, I have been lucky enough to win first in species every time I've entered though ^_^ It is much, much easier to advertise from my main account however, after this one I'm not sure I'll enter from a side again xD The BC is only about 10% art, the other 90% is how much you advertise!

Very true. I once entered Kawinly with what I thought was an OK picture, but since I couldn't advertise, I only got 2 votes! :laughingsmiley:

:::Vote casted:::

Your lupe is adorable...

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Make all posts at least 7 words long.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Nice job winning the Beauty Contest, Izzy! I hope I win this week. I've entered my Bruce, and I am really excited. Well, you might expect that, this being my first entry and all. The link to vote is in my signature, if you want to. Okay, I'll dance for joy now, singing "Izzy won! Izzy won!" so be right back!

So how does that work, there isn't a first overall, just first in species kind of thing?

They have a 1st/2nd/3rd for each species, and then also an overall 1st/2nd/3rd - obviously you have to do well in your species category to get a chance at the overall, since thats based on total votes. The trophies look the same though, so you can't tell which came from species wins and which were overall ones.

Winning overall is really hard, you need over 1000 votes to even get close. My best result was with an old labrat, Derrun, who came in 7th overall ^_^

Thanks Izzy! I doubt I'll get 1000 votes. I can only advertise on TDN. I'd love to be 13, then I could advertise on the Neoboards! Are you going to enter next week's?

Sort of Zen - in the case of Shoyrus, the difficulty is that its such a popular species so it draws a LOT of entries. As such its really really hard to get your entry "noticed" unless you can advertise... and even sometimes when you do advertise you'll find more than a few other Shoyru owners advertising at the same time.

Less popular species (you can see which those are here) are always better for the beginning BCer to start off with ^_^ The two exceptions being Draik and Krawk, which tend to attract a high level of art and dedication to advertising so even though they're smaller in terms of entries, they are still hard to win.

@FM - Er... I wasn't going to, but... *hides* Zadue wanted to show off her new look in the BC!

Haha poor wee Krawk with his wooden spoon!

How does this work?

Draik: 12,445 (out of 7,000) that's a tad more than 7,000!

Can't wait to see how Zadue turns out! She is very pretty ^_^. She's a Desert Faerie? I like the background too, I was going to buy that one but picked Coltzan instead.