Ancient Player Coming to Visit..

Nyx

Greetings Everyone,

I've been on Neopets for over seven years now. For the past six months or so, I have been using the dailies section and a few months ago started to use the avatar checklist section of TDN. I'm going to be honest and say that I have social anxiety so its really difficult for me to be starting a forum account and trying to speak with everyone here. I simply realized that I end up in the forums a lot to catch up on things or following the links from the other pages. I also saw a job come up recently that I would have loved to do and had much experience, but was not registered on this part of the site or known at all to be able to properly apply for it.

So I have ventured into your midst to give my thanks for all that you do here, as well as hopefully getting to know people so that in the future I can make a difference around here too. I am one of those people who doesn't leave their house, so I end up here on the internet for long periods of time and love to do any work involving Neopets. Its been a long time since I had a guild, haven't been able to find a good one since my return seven months ago or so. I do miss being able to work with one though. I have too much coding experience and not enough projects to keep me busy so I always enjoyed that aspect of guilds.

I'm a twenty-five year old, married, mother of one boy. Over Christmas I was finally lucky and able to have extra money to buy some plushies in real life. I have been wanting to do this for years now but it was never possible. My favorite plushies that I own now are the Faerie Grundo and my Desert Aisha. I love anything that has to do with the desert and Aishas. I collect Aisha everything on neopets and while I have an unconverted Aisha painted Desert, I still have yet to be able to afford the plush on neopets. So that is something I'm working on now.

You may think that having been a member there for seven years I might have something to show for it, but I really don't. Unfortunately I have never been good at the games and despite having as much time at the computer as I do, I never have enough time to go through the 'Earn this amount of neopoints every day' things. I finally, after seven years, was able to afford the lab ray map. So now I'm trying to build up some neopoints again. Unfortunately I had been working so hard at getting the map, that I got excited when I did and immediately bought it. I wish now that I had waited and used those neopoints for collat. on a few items.

I have always loved collecting anything, so avatars is something fun (yet highly frustrating) for me. Lacking the wealth, I really can't afford to purchase any items I need, let alone drop anything as collat. Due to my social anxiety, its hard to come here and be active so I can build up trust and do pet trades for avvies. So all in all, I don't have much luck on neopets, but I still love it and will be there for years to come. I just hope I have luck with things in the future *giggle*

Things that I enjoy doing are coding (html, phpbb, c++, c#), collecting things in real life and on neopets, gaming, reading, writing, and so on. What I do for a living.. I am a graphic design artist and webpage creator. I mostly create 3D designs. I'm also going to school to be a mechanic.. and yeah, I'm a girl XD

Well I think I have rambled enough at this point. Thank you for everything TDN and its nice to meet all of the other members here :)

~Nyx~

Hey Nyx, I'm Alice or Ali (x Welcome to the TDN forums!

Just be sure to follow the rules and you'll have a blast here.

But beware, some of the members are a bit insane o: You can never tell who is sane and who is not! *kicks evil meepit under bed*

Anywayyyy xD If you have any questions regarding the site, feel free to PM me ^^

Hi Nyx and welcome to TDN forums ;D

Nice introduction that you typed there, especially since you're suffering from social anxiety. I can assure you that everybody here at TDN is friendly and slighty insane. Hopefully, that can make things easier for you :)

I love the look of your Cybunny. So adorate :)

As for who I am... I'm a 22 years old art student (hoping to get accepted in computation arts in 2 years XD) and on TDN I'm content director so I get to organise coverage for events, manage the content team, answer visitor emails, etc. I'm also often on the forums, although I don't reply to every single thread. But I try my best to help people of our community!

Hello Nyx, I can't say I've ever suffered from social anxiety, I'm quite outgoing really, but sometimes that can be a huge problem, especially if people don't really want to talk to you xD I'm glad though you worked up the courage to get on the forums! Well done ^^ I'd love to be your friend if your willing, I may be able to offer you help on Avatar Collecting and other Neo-related things, also if you just want to chat, or even just tell me to shut up, don't hesitate! I'm sorry if I use to many smilies, I find it hard to communicate emotion through type...

I really like coding too, and am in a lovely guild at the moment that lets you create layouts and your own pages to contribute to the guild, I'm really interested at mashing up graphics like the ones on the adoption page I created http://www.neopets.com/~Robhiin I'm not advertising though! If you're looking for a guild you might want to try the NeoBoards, I find the smaller yet active guilds are usually the most fun and involving.

About the lab-map, one word, SAME. I've only just been able to save up the 1.1 Million I bought it for and after finding my new love for Avatar Hunting I really wish I'd participated in the lending schemes first >.< Oh well eh?

If you'd like to talk, please comment on my profile and I'll get back to you! You seem really interesting :)

Welcome Nyx to TDNForums^_^

My name's Stephanie.

A nice introduction, you'll fit into the forums fine, anxiety or not. We have a bunch of 'insanely' friendly people who'll offer you some help whenever you want. Don't hesitate to post, more or less we'll still be there to help ;D

By the way, I think your cybunny is adorably customised :wub_anim:

Good luck on collecting more avvies, making nps etc because Thedailyneopets has an awesome dailies page located here and possibly if you ever need help on those last avatars the Avatar Lending Programme here is running smoothly, even though they're just rebuilding again.

A little bit about me: I'm 12, live in New Zealand and have an obsession with avatar collecting since the beginning of this year xD

Well, the more serious things about the forums....read the rules and that's pretty much it. Rest assured everyone here is welcome and will always be of assistance :D

Ah Ha! everyone has beaten me to all these comments!

Anyways, welcome to the forums here, I am Jun, if you ever need anything, don't be afraid to PM me. I am sure you have read the rules already (or been told to XD) Its funny, i have an obsession with the Plushies, But certain ones (I have about 4-5 Cybunnys, but I still enjoyed the Original ones before the Target ones ;A;)

I'll keep mine short ( I have a tendency to spam the forums enough as is, the internet is my social life >.<)

Welcome to TDN! It's fabulous to have another total geek aboard! And it's a GIRL!!!!!!!!

YAY I'm not alone!!!

Which Department did you want to apply? (guess I should just mosey over to the application forum eh?)

*SG*