Exams (that dreaded word?)

tigrasnowscar

:( I wish I was at your school now! I want to do all of those exams! Well... maybe not the Science ones... but the rest, well, I'd really want to do them! I'm the #1 Maths Lover on TDN I think... so my preferred exams would be the maths ones.

I feel so like you! But not sure about your certainty of #1 Maths lover....lolz.

Trust the Australasian Exams we have at our school to help us. Sometimes they just make me think what I'm missing out at school.

Our school is cool, cause you don't have to be there all day. If you don't have an exam, you're allowed to head home. Like there are three slots, and if you don't have an exam on the third slot, you can leave after the second. If you don't have one on the first slot, you can come late. If you don't have any at all, you can not show up!

My schedule is Tuesday: English, Chinese, and German

Wednesday: US History

Thursday: Science, Algebra

Friday: DAY OFF :D

:O so is that schedule just when you have exams? Cause I'd love to have that schedule (minus the languages :P)

When I think about it, that'd be silly if you'd go with that all year round XD

Okay This Is This Weeks.

Monday: ICT, Geography And Maths (No Calculator).

Tuesday: Science (Biology), English #1.

Wednesday (Today): Science (Physics), Maths (Calculator), English #2.

Thursday: History, Languages (German), Design And Technology (Cooking).

Friday: Art #1, Art #2, Music, Drama.

What A Week. :)

I take it that you're taking your GCSEs.. 11 of them? They're not usually that clumped together though are they? Or they weren't in my day.. oh I sound so old saying that :(

Woohoo!!!! Last exam tomorrow! Then in 2 weeks I find out the results and I just pray I don't have to cut my trip to SA short, that is my main worry. It's gone from getting 1sts, to 2:1s to just passing to not having to cut my trip to SA short for retakes..!

Tigra xx

So what grades did everyone get on their exams? Mine are still coming in so far...

I won't know until Friday February 6th :(

I'd like to say I've at least passed, and done very well in two, good in another two and bad (but passed..?) in the last one..

I'll keep you all posted..

Good luck to anyone who still has exams

Tigra xx

Boy do I feel glad I don't have midterms or final exams anymore... hahaha I just sit there and laugh at my friends' pains. No more stressing about studying, studying MORE, or cramming, or forgetting everything I spent a gazillion years studying... now.. for me just papers *sigh*

Well I only have exams at the end of each semester, so I'm free of those worries for a while now. :P All things considered, I did pretty well on the last actual exam set (engineering subjects, plus some supplementary government stuff). I could probably have performed better if I'd made an effort to switch tutorial groups (seriously, some of the lecturers at my university suck <_< ), but a GPA of 3.5/4 isn't bad.

Heck, at this level it's the coursework that kills you, not the exams. xD

That really makes me feel small, At my school we go on the britsh course which means I will graduate in the 10th year (outta school) I am curently year 7 now. At my school we have 3 semeseters each year, At the first and second sem. we hhave two monthley tests each, but at the 3rd one we only have the end of sem. exam.

PS: we also have 1 final exam at the end of the first and second sem.,

Monthley test=mini test.

Heck, at this level it's the coursework that kills you, not the exams. xD

Do you really find coursework the problem? These are my averages so far:

Semester 1

Coursework: 72.46

Exam: 58.4

Overall: 62.50

Semester 2

Coursework: 83.47

Exam: 57.81

Overall: 64.75

The point I guess I'm trying to make is I would be ruined without coursework. I had 2 modules, 1 in semester 1 and 1 in semester 2 that were 100% exam and I managed to get 52% and 42% respectively (pass mark is 40% and luckily the 1st year doesn't count towards our degree!)

I relish coursework, it is my life saver!

Tigra xx

EDIT: I have my results!

Semester 3

Coursework: 79.91

Exam: 61.61

Overall: 67.40

So not a 1st, but is it my highest semester average so far, and my exam % was up also which I'm very happy about!

• 2 months later...

Oooh, not bad. My results were worse. I failed my Geography. And my parents gave me a thrashing. :(

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Crusher) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't post on inactive topics. :) Topic closed (for now, at least).

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Crusher).

The original topic was inactive.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Crusher if you have any questions regarding this action.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

just wanted to spread some joy..

i did well in my literary criticism today!! :D i deserved to after 29 hours of straight studying :D onwards to the next one

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Native) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not bump an old topic that has been inactive for over 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Native if you have any questions regarding this action.