Poll: Codestone or Dubloon

dazara

Poll: Codestone or Dubloon  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer to train your pet with codestones or dubloons?

• Codestones
    • Dubloons
    • Both

Personally, I use dubloons, because codestone are more expensive, and my pets aren't strong enough to need codestones.

Codestones are where you start training and they are reasonable in price for what you can get. around 3K a piece on a good day.

Dubloons are more expensive and harder to get your hands on at times, but they are just as good for training.

It's more what the trainer wants for their pets I think.

Some of the codestones are more expensive; around 7K according to shop wiz. Don't you use different types of codestone for each attibute you want to increase?

I use codestones, on the rare occasion that I train my pet, Usually I stick to the lab ray. I do like codestones because you can get them in REs and they're easier to buy/sell. I sell them cheap for other users who need so they can train. I only have a few dubloons, but recently turned them all in for a 50. It's worth a lot on ths shop wiz, but I'm hoping I'll get some more soon...which I probably won't because they're so darn expensive!

Since I'm not a fan of training, rarely I use dubloons to train my pets, since they only use a two dubloon coin (2.75-3k)

and the training isn't as long as the mystery island one.

But I really stick to the lab ray when it comes to stats ^_^

Doubloons, because there is one constant price, and if you have one doubloon, your set, with codestone training, You have to find the right codestones to level your pet.. plus.. 2 codestones = 8k atleast, 2 dobloon = same price as 1 doubloon..

I, like many of the others, don't train that much.

And there seems to be some debate about what is more expensive...

When I do train, I train at Mystery Island because you get codestones in RE's all the time,

and you can usually find several codestones at the money tree for free. I stalk the money tree...

I'm a little biased though, because my first really active pet was a Nimmo, and then I trained at

Mystery Island because the teacher was a Nimmo, and I liked to keep things themed.

P.S. I think if you have a Nimmo your chances of getting a codestone RE at the training school are increased.

I haven't done much research on the theory, but I know my old pet use to get codestones almost ever time he went to train.

It would be impossible to train a pet just with Dubloon. It's a good place where to start, but you will be forced to visit Mystery Island if you plan to have a battle pet. Codestones deflated (thanks to Key Quest) so it's not a big deal :P. And you can train your Endurance 3 times your HP in Mystery Island, which will save you NP in the end.

At the moment, whatever I get from REs end up in my shop - I'm not training my pets at the moment (Coltzan boosts stuff for me :P).

But if I were to choose, I'd pick Codestones, because they're much easier to get in random events and they're cheaper. However, it's kind of annoying that you need to pay with a certain codestone, and therefore need the right one, whereas Dubloons are only numerical, as Jun pointed out.

Codestones. They are easily obtainable from Key Quest -- I have so many right now :)

Some of the codestones are more expensive; around 7K according to shop wiz. Don't you use different types of codestone for each attibute you want to increase?

Sort of but not really. You can be required to only need one codestone at first and it will go up to combination of codestones (still at common levels)

I have needed a Main Codestone for endurance and level training, so I'm not sure how that system works really.

http://neonewsnow.com/neopets_guides/train_basic.htm

theres not really any set in stone list of what you will be required for what level

Usually if I have nothing much to do a day, and feel like increasing my pet's stats, i'll simply do what's most time efficient. Throughout the day i'll use codestones, simply because it takes a lower amount of time for a pet to finish their training through that method. Before I go to bed, i'll then use one dubloon course, as it takes a lot more time so I can sleep and when I wake up, my pet's done training.

I do this, just because I like the reliability of dubloons-there's a price that's set in stone whereas codestones can be a bit of a gamble.

The reason I use Dubloons is probably becuase I haven't actually tried that many courses using codestones. I think I'll give it a go.

Guest shanemk

I personally prefer lutari feathers, I am slowly stocking them up so I can go blow them on the Survival Academy. I just like them cause I feel nice knowing not everyone can use them lol

I don't really train my pets, I have had tons of success from Coltzan and a few Faerie Quests for LunaMuffinBunny. Otherwise I use the Lab Ray but I'm not really into training. I think I'd prefer to use Dubloons though, they're cheaper and I like the courses.

I think it's better to start off with dubloons, but once you have to start paying five dubloon coins, it's best to head on over to the Training School. I mean because of KQ, codestones are getting cheaper every day. Plus, my pet is level 50 something, so I can't even use the Academy.

I prefer dubloons - the prices are more stable and you know what your getting into because it's always the same. 1 dubloon classes are always one dubloon but one codestone classes could be Bri, Har, etc and the prices vary too much.

Of course you pay for that convenience - classes at the swashbuckling academy take 6 hours for levels 11-20. The island training school is only 3 hours, but costs two codestones. The cost doesn't go up as rapidly at the island training school either - the 2 codestone cost lasts through level 40 there.

I guess it all depends on how much you have to spend, how fast you want to progress, and what level your pet is currently at. Also - if you have a talent for finding codestones or dubloons you should take that into account. I currently have about a dozen codestones in my SDB but only two lonely little dubloons :( - I just seem to trip over those little buggers all over the place - lol. (I've been doing alot of refreshing lately for avatars)

I'm not really a training type person. I save my money for books mostly but if i do train them i normally use Dubloons since they are normally cheaper. However if i do have a lot of Codestones from key quest or the like then i go for them. I really wish i had the lab ray right now though. There's so much to do.