Cost of Candychan at Wintery Petpets shop??

Siba

Last time I checked... around 10k. Putting my restocking to the test to check, though.

EDIT: Okay, bored on restocking there. I'll give an estimate of 10,000 Neopoints though, and it's r99.

I believe that the candychan sells for 25M to 35M. I don't know how much it is when it restocks, though. I would say it restocks from 70K to 150K.

I think you guys are thinking of another petpet or something. :)

I agree.. I've sold two before and got 10k each.

sold 2 candychans for 20,000 ONLY??? Oh would you please let me buy one from you? XD

10k at petpet shop sold for 30 mil by users.......... :hmmph02: :hmmph:

Well even if it's sold for 70-150k like Zac said it still is a HUGE difference...

I think it's rarely restocked at the Wintery Petpets, and it's why it sells for so much. :) Even if it's priced much cheaper there, people would actually sell it for much more.

Yeah... I'm starting to get a bit muddled on why they sell for 30 million myself. I never thought it could be possible to put that much on 1 trade. Unless they set up trades for the rest of the Neopoints...

Well, Stockmarketers, Resellers, ect usually get quite a lot of money. And, people who use restock programs (do not use unless your willing to take the chance of banned accounts) who usually get items faster, like draiks and such, usually have around 30 million

Yeah... I'm starting to get a bit muddled on why they sell for 30 million myself. I never thought it could be possible to put that much on 1 trade. Unless they set up trades for the rest of the Neopoints...

Since it's only possible to offer 800K on a trade, the more expensive and/or rare items are found in the auctions. But yes, some specific Neopets items (especially BD equipment) have been spiraling out of control. The candychan, turmac, and krawk petpets are blown-up examples of this inflation. The secret lab map also has been inflating as of late. :( It used to be around 50K total. I remember I bought my first set for 120K. It seems that TNT is working on bringing the price down, though. We can only hope they do the same with the candychan.

Inflation. It kills.

I sure hope so!!! But if they don't, at least I hope my one of my petpets get turned into a candychan by lab ray

Good luck! It's entirely possible, I got it myself once.

Inflation. It kills.

Good luck! It's entirely possible, I got it myself once.

Once? You mean you changed it? :eh: Why would you do that? XD lol

Well rainbow candychans don't look good, I want chocolate ^_^ (my hopes are way too high XD)

One of the most adorable petpets on neopia for sure.

I wish they'd have an event to flood neopia with them, even if just for a day or an hour. So the prices wouldn't be so outrageous lol

i dont agree with TNT intervening in the neopian economy and pulling down prices =/ Inflation is often how players make most of their income (myself included). Whats the difference between investing in stocks and investing in items that you think will inflate? If TNT intervenes with inflation then they should definitely intervene with the stock market as well, but they don't. The only situation where I would agree with TNT intervention is if a high-demand item somehow become monopolized by a few individuals. But that situation is unlikely, IMO.

If TNT didn't intervene once in a while there'd be hundreds of items selling for ungodly amounts of millions.

Note: Got a Secret Lab Map piece in a RE yesterday! ^_^

^ not so. that would only happen if the every single one of those items were hoarded by a few individuals, and said item happened to be in exteremely high demand.

Let me try to outline a hypothetical situation. Let's say there exists a retired plushie. We'll refer to it as ASDF plushie. Plushies are not a very high-demand item, simply because, although nice to have, they;re not really essential unless you're a hardcore plushie collector. Most plushie collectors will be quite content to collect every other plushie in existence and not own the ASDF plushie, especially if the market price of the ASDF plushie is ridiculously inflated. This lack of demand in the ASDF plushie will slowly but steadily drag down the market price of the ASDF plushie until it reaches an equilibrium where everyone who really really needs the plushie can purchase one. This is microeconomy in action, and it doesn't need TNT intervention.

Similarly, an extremely high-demand item that many many people own a share of (say, a lab map) will never inflate to a price that is unattainable by the general masses simply because at any given time, a number of these map owners will want to sell their maps quickly for a quick buck, and will therefore seek to accomodate buyers by lowering his/her price to a reasonable equilibrium. As long as enough of these map pieces are for sale at any given time, hoarders will never be able to significantly affect the inflation of the pieces, and therefore intervention by TNT was unnecessary and only serves to discourage hoarders, because now they'll never know if TNT will decide to 'intervene' and deflate whatever items they are hoarding at the moment. Discouraging hoarders also serves to eventually slow down the neopian market, which is in nobody's interests to do.

i dont agree with TNT intervening in the neopian economy and pulling down prices =/ Inflation is often how players make most of their income (myself included). Whats the difference between investing in stocks and investing in items that you think will inflate? If TNT intervenes with inflation then they should definitely intervene with the stock market as well, but they don't. The only situation where I would agree with TNT intervention is if a high-demand item somehow become monopolized by a few individuals. But that situation is unlikely, IMO.

But TNT really just wanted to drive the prices down. It's harder for a new player to fit in if everything is so expensive and they feel like they can't do anything. I think it was more of a way to get new members to stay. And plus, inflation is bad for all economies, in real life and on Neopets. NPs circulate less, and the economy basically becomes stagnant. But I'm getting off topic here...

If you want a Candychan though, your best bet may be zapping it. It's just way to expensive.

Let me try to outline a hypothetical situation. Let's say there exists a retired plushie. We'll refer to it as ASDF plushie. Plushies are not a very high-demand item, simply because, although nice to have, they;re not really essential unless you're a hardcore plushie collector. Most plushie collectors will be quite content to collect every other plushie in existence and not own the ASDF plushie, especially if the market price of the ASDF plushie is ridiculously inflated. This lack of demand in the ASDF plushie will slowly but steadily drag down the market price of the ASDF plushie until it reaches an equilibrium where everyone who really really needs the plushie can purchase one. This is microeconomy in action, and it doesn't need TNT intervention.

Similarly, an extremely high-demand item that many many people own a share of (say, a lab map) will never inflate to a price that is unattainable by the general masses simply because at any given time, a number of these map owners will want to sell their maps quickly for a quick buck, and will therefore seek to accomodate buyers by lowering his/her price to a reasonable equilibrium. As long as enough of these map pieces are for sale at any given time, hoarders will never be able to significantly affect the inflation of the pieces, and therefore intervention by TNT was unnecessary and only serves to discourage hoarders, because now they'll never know if TNT will decide to 'intervene' and deflate whatever items they are hoarding at the moment. Discouraging hoarders also serves to eventually slow down the neopian market, which is in nobody's interests to do.

But at the same time, there'll always be one person that'll jack up prices extremely high, knowing that one day, some person is going to come along, especially if an item is that rare, which will boost demand.

Also, if not enough lab maps are released to match the speed that they are used, then prices will rise, merely because of the lack of the items. For example, there are three competing prices, 1 mil, 900k, and 800k. Both the 900k and the 800k are bought, leaving only the 1 mil. Since the maps are released at a slower rate, only one more full set comes into competition, and it's priced at 900k. See, now the lowest has gone from 800k to 900k, and slowly, the prices will rise in this manner unless there is some intervention.

CandyChan? 10k? Ive Never Been Lucky Enough To Spot One But I Think Maybe Theyre A Little More Pricier Than Seeing As Though They Are Like 30Mill.... :)

• 1 year later...

*cries* the Candychan is my favorite petpet ever. And to think its never even possible really to get it from the wintery petpets and not really worth paying 20-30 mil on it.. They need to lower the price because that is unfair to almost half of the people who play neopets. And I really want one, too. Thats the main thing on my wishlist and I've been playing neopets for over 7 years or so years. And I know its probably not even possible but, I constantly check the SW for them.. No luck though.. I probably won't ever have one either.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump an old topic that has been inactive for over 21 days.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Stephé if you have any questions regarding this action.