What do you do with your shop?

imnotgeorge

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My shop is my main tool of NP making, me being an active restocker. I have many plans to for backgrounds and layouts, especially for my gallery. I know of friends who make use of the whole shop as a gallery. With the normal shop page as a form of "introduction" to their collection with brief notes and comments telling any shop visitor to visit their gallery as well. The shop gallery being an in depth continuation, with more notes and comments.

I'm only size 4 (joined three weeks ago), but that suits me fine. I just sell random things I get from KQ (read: codestones) and it makes for a steady income combined with the NP from games and KQ and other dailies. To be honest, I upgraded out of vanity. XP I usually price my items random numbers I like (like 2929 for keystones worth 3.1+k) that are a bit cheaper. I don't care about maximising product or even selling fast. I just like doing that. Even if mostly rich people probably buy mass amounts of codestones, I like to think someone to whom 200 NP is a big deal is buying them and saving.

My shop just sits there.

@Apollo: Since the release of Galleries, you cannot use your shop as a Gallery... I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

That's what I would have thought Lion... they now have a section actually devoted to displaying items, it wouldn't make much sense to have some people doing it one way and everyone else another. I don't imagine it's too heavily policed though!

- Apollo ^_^

Haha, I just let mine sit and gather dust.

I don't play anymore sooo...

I can't even remember what size it is. :P

When I did play, I just used it to make a small side profit. I stuck to games as my main profit.

EDIT: Haha, it was size 30! Holy moly.

Me too!! My shop just sits there and its used to store some food I need for my pet bacause I've got not enough space in the inventory and its hard to retrieve in the SDB so I put it in the shop :P

I also sell a few junks that I have in abundance :D

Malling.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not post ads over and over. Please put what you wish to say in your signature.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Guest shanemk

Lol how is this a debate?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Crusher) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Keep your posts over 6 words long, please. :)

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

At the moment my shop is size 30 and I think I'll keep it like that for a while. I'm trying to restock stamps and books, but since I'm not in a mall, I have to keep my prizes rather low, which means that things sell rather quickly and I have 'problems' keeping up with my stock, since I have a day time job and don't have much time for buying en reselling items. If I find a way to keep up with the stock, I'll probably be slowly expanding my shop, since I think restocking is really fun and I love books and stamps! :graduated:

If I need money quickly I'll also browse the Shop Wizard for low prized codestones, paint brushes or neggs and sell them at my shop. I don't really like doing that, though. Sometimes you click and click for over half an hour, get nothing and worst of all: get banned from the wizard, because you refreshed the page too often. :S

• 2 weeks later...

I admit that I have a ball on the 3rd of every month and will restock then. Usually, I sell items when I feel like camping out the Money Tree and grabbing stuff there, or if I'm playing a game like Dice-A-Roo or Scorchy Slots and get items that way. Of course, there is also always the Garage Sale. It's always random junk at my store.

i use my shop as my main source of income...

i found that when trying to get the packrat avatar...the searching for items became a source of annoyance...

so when i got it...i decided to devote my shop to this enterprise...

i made alot of NP from selling all my item...which upgraded my shop....which now sits at a large size of 130...

sometimes i find it harrd to keep my shop restocked, due to the items i stock...and i'm constantly on the TP getting items...

the profits i make from the shop go to expanding it so that i can stock more than 1000 items as i can currently only stock about 600

as a little side note...when you decide to sell the items in your SDB...and can't be bothered selling them yourself...please let me know and i'll take it off your hands...

my shop size is now 25.I was a restocker, when i had the time to lurk around the shops and buy stuff but because i have no patience i would usually sell at the lowest shopwizard prices.

I actually have a question...when you have a larger shop and i usually saw that most have bigger prices, to you sell stuff quickly?

well, mostly i just play key quest, and stock up on codestones until i have about 20+ then i have a codestone sale and make many np, other times i just buy stamps for cheap and sell them at my shop. I want one day to have a gallery also, but yea, that day will only come too soon, after i have more avatars.

• 2 weeks later...

My shop is a little size three, but I still can probably live off of it. After I play a couple of games, I go to some shops to buy items, and sell them for higher prices in my shop. I try to restock as much as I can. So i personally think that I have a tidy sum of neopoints in my shop till. Overall, i just use it to make money.

My shop is size 695 and I use it for mallling food items and for selling all the items I RS that are buyable. Obviously, I use my shop constantly so it is very important. Hopefully I can get it to size 1000 before summer is over. Then again, maybe I'm setting the bar too high :O

The only downside is that it took forever to stock my shop to where it is now:

Items Stocked : 3331 · Free Space : 144

In response to this question:

I actually have a question...when you have a larger shop and i usually saw that most have bigger prices, to you sell stuff quickly?

Well, I think it really depends on how well known the mall you are in is. Being part of a 4 mil neoboard ad definitely helps a bit. I kind of think sales overall have gone down drastically ever since the notice board lost it's icon on the old toolbar and now is simply just a text link :/ Even though my shop is pretty large I really don't get much traffic at all honestly. Only a few people stop by every day mostly from the shop wiz buying my restocked items which are at lowest on the wiz prices.

I think I need to get my shop size up to like 1000 and then wait for the right mall to notice how big my shop is and welcome me with open arms :P -- then hopefully I will see some larger profits.

P.S. - I definitely know that the mall you are in is what matters. I saw one user with only a shop of about size 620 who told me they make millions on a weekly basis just from malling. They definitely were telling the truth because they had a nearly complete r99 gallery. I tried finding a r99 they didn't have and couldn't find one!! :O So yeah, I was baffled when I realized this!

Maybe others have something to add to this.