WHILE I WAS ASLEEP;

:Jake

Would you believe it? Yesterday afternoon as I told some people on here that I do a profit thingy where I go to SW, buy the lowest and sell for 1NP lower than the second lowest... Well, it worked. Only about 100-300 profit, but it's still profit right? And it gave me something to do. But most of the items bought were ones I won. (Angelpuss' I won (:) Just take a look at my sales;

post-10137-1230626760_thumb.png

Congratulations! I am glad everything worked in your favor!

Thank you, jun. ;)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Make all posts at least 7 words long. Quotes do not count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

WOW! I've never had them sell out that fast. Yeah, I have a really good friend who sells out my shop, but she's never been that fast. :P Well done! -gives certificate- :P

Yeah 100-300 NP profit is really low. You get more playing Fashion Fever than that. If you want to make a lot of profit selling stuff in your shop, learn to restock. That's where you buy from Neopian shops (not user shops, I mean places like the Book Shop in Neopia Central) and sell them at a much higher price, but it is VERY hard to do.

An even better way of making a profit would be playing flash games. It's a lot more efficient than what you're doing right now.

Ok, I'm starting to restock. Mainly because I don't use my shop anymore, unless I have room to store stuff in it. I am planning on restocking Petpets. I got a Sludgy for 1518 Neopoints from the Spooky Petpets shop. Will that sell for much profit?

EDIT: Trying the SW. I need to find the letter H in the search. :P

First check how tings are selling in the Shop Wizard. Preferrably, keep a tab open toquickly check the wiz before purchasing it (this may nt work depending on what you restock as restocker numbers varies). Books usually sell well, as do rare stamps and plushies. Congratulations on your sale sucess, but remember that any time you spend on Neo should be to earn optimal NP. ;)

=Cameron=

But Sniping can work :P And I'm thinking of all the people who got Christmas Paint Brush for almost nothing or when you get lucky and buy the codestone at 200np :P.

I believe you need at least 100k to invest in your shop first (from restocking/sniping) and then it can double, etc. Don't put the money in your bank but use it again to full your shop.

I'd have a limit, like when I reached 500k, I'd bank 100k, and keep 400k for my shop. But I'm not really great at all this. I prefer flash games XD.

But Sniping can work :P And I'm thinking of all the people who got Christmas Paint Brush for almost nothing or when you get lucky and buy the codestone at 200np :P.

I believe you need at least 100k to invest in your shop first (from restocking/sniping) and then it can double, etc. Don't put the money in your bank but use it again to full your shop.

I'd have a limit, like when I reached 500k, I'd bank 100k, and keep 400k for my shop. But I'm not really great at all this. I prefer flash games XD.

What exactly is restocking?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Crusher) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Make sure all of your posts are at least 7 words long, otherwise they tend to contribute little to the discussions. Read on the rules please! :O

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Restocking is the art of buying from Neopets shop (ie the bakery, the book store, the toy shop, etc) and to sell these items for a profit in your user shop. Some items can give you a nifty profit too, but not everything.

Strategos that link is incorrect.

You can click here to learn about restocking.

The gist of it is that you can say, buy a Draik Egg at the Meridell Food Store for about 100k and sell it for 10 mil. Of course, that's very rare, and the profits are almost never that high, but it's the only example I could think of.

Restocking is good and all, but personally KeyQuesting is a much better choice.

1. It is a game.

2. You get at least 2-3k from it instantly

3. You get books and wearables for your neopet which are still fairly good.

4. It is a fun game.

5. You get items such as codestones and neggs which are very ETS, as compared to most restocking items which are generally HTS. (Most of the time after I finish my 10 Key redeems, I stock them and price them, go for a shower, and find 80k in my till. Good no?)

6. You have a chance of getting a PB or UB lab map which can be sold for over 100k.

7. There is no chance of making a loss and no need to have general price knowledge unlike in restocking.

8. It is a very fun game. (This is an important point)

Sure, it may have it's disadvantages but they are few.

1. You can only redeem 10 Keys a day.

Answer: If you only play 2 Player KQ games, all the keys you redeem will be either silver or gold which means you should at least get 1 negg or codestone per redeem (roughly). That equates to easily 30-40k.

2. KeyQuest is causing inflation and codestone/negg prices are going down.

Answer: This may be true, but remember why these items are ETS. They are to be used. Neggs are brought in through KQ and used by users to train their pets and get negg points. Same goes with Codestones.

Hence it is obvious that KQ is a better choice.

*wonders if this is off topic and close to /rant*

Still, Keyquest doesn't work well for people with slow computers, and it's more frustrating then.

And also, you usually only make under 2k.

Plus the games usually take a while. Probably about 10-20 minutes a game.

If you're good at restocking, I'd advise doing that, but if not, play flash games, not just Keyquest.

Restocking can reel in the money by the millions if you're good and lucky.

And some easy flash games can get your 3k in under 5 minutes, such as Kass Basher once you unlock the bat.

Just to add to this discussion, if you have a decent amount of NP (250K+), I would recommend giving RSing a shot. It takes practice and patience, but it is an easy way to make tons of NP. Keyquest is the easier option, but, of course, you won't have as much profit. It all depends on you.

if you decide to try out restocking, I would recommend this guide in addition to TDNs.