food club rocks

ChaoticFission

i think that food club is one of the best ways to make money, and today was no exception:

with an investment of 18000,

Total Winnings 97200 NP

i made 79k without doing anything

this brings my totals to:

Bets Placed Bet Total Win Total Difference

277 396194 NP 636788 NP 240594

ok, going back to betting :)

I feel like a noob saying this but what's the Food Club?

You are not alone if that makes you feel any better lol

EDIT: Found this: http://www.neopets.com/games/play.phtml?game_id=88 TOTAL NEWB MOMENT!

http://www.neopets.com/pirates/foodclub.phtml?type=bet

the secret to my "success" is that i usually only bet if there is at least one "sure bet" that i can combo with.

i never go into the actual courses and try to figure out who will win that way, since it's not the most reliable way to do it. although if you do this extra step, you may cut your spendings and therefore gain more.

anyway,

i look at the odds (ex, 2:1, 13:1, etc). if i see that there is at least one competition that has odds like 13:1, 13:1, 2:1, 13:1 (or something relatively similar, where there is one "sure bet"). you then take that "sure bet" and combo it with other bets that you make. the consecutive bets would then be all of the "low" or ratios under 9:1 for another course. (if this is confusing, i'll try to set up some images).

in the worst case, you will break even. in VERY rare cases, you can lose your input. i have lost all of my 18k input once, and that was very unpredictable and unprecedented.

no no no, the other way around. since you know that the 4:1 will most likely win, you would bet on that. but to maximize your winnings, you would combo that with another bet.

here's a sample situation

Shipwreck:

Ally 13:1

Sam 13:1

Joe 2:1

Alex 12:1

Lagoon:

Sam 7:1

Felix 2:1

Ashley 10:1

Adam 13:1

in this case, we would want to place a pet on Joe for Shipwreck (since it's a "sure bet").

we would also want to make combo bets on Joe + Sam, and Joe + Felix (since it's too close to only bet on Felix--Sam has a chance of winning and not giving us a payout).

so, if you're making 1k bets, you have placed a 3k bet so far. your payout will most likely be 2k (first bet) + 7k (if Sam wins) or 2k (if Felix wins). either way, you come out at least 1k richer.

is this starting to make sense?

no no no, the other way around. since you know that the 4:1 will most likely win, you would bet on that. but to maximize your winnings, you would combo that with another bet.

Shipwreck:

Lagoon:

in this case, we would want to place a pet on Joe for Shipwreck (since it's a "sure bet").

we would also want to make combo bets on Joe + Sam, and Joe + Felix (since it's too close to only bet on Felix--Sam has a chance of winning and not giving us a payout).

so, if you're making 1k bets, you have placed a 3k bet so far. your payout will most likely be 2k (first bet) + 7k (if Sam wins) or 2k (if Felix wins). either way, you come out at least 1k richer.

GOT IT! haha the light went off >.<

Select "Place a Bet" and when you click the drop down menus it will show you the odds

EDIT: grr you are faster than me lmao

in general, you would always hope for the higher ratio to win--higher payout :)

at the same time, you want to cover the lower ratios so that you don't lose any np.

also, i've found that when betting between a 2:1 and a 3:1, chances are, the 3:1 will most likely win.

• 2 weeks later...

Shipwreck:

Lagoon:

i would go

Bet 1

14:1

Bet 2

4:1

Bet 3

20:1

Bet 4

12:1

(1) you avoid all of the 13:1's (I will only bet a 13:1 if its 13,13,13,2, because they sometimes go with the top 13 and everyone loses, and even then ill only bet the top win to loss ratio 13:1 out of the 3)

(2) your hitting up every bet under 13:1

(3) As your smallest possible win is 2:1 * 2:1 you get 4:1 odds which means if that comes you break even (but this never happens...ever), if anything else comes you, you win big (think about it as long a 2:1 or 13:1 doesn't win your wining minimum 12 times your money

But I may just be an idiot an wrong.

i would go

Bet 1

14:1

Bet 2

4:1

Bet 3

20:1

Bet 4

12:1

(1) you avoid all of the 13:1's (I will only bet a 13:1 if its 13,13,13,2, because they sometimes go with the top 13 and everyone loses, and even then ill only bet the top win to loss ratio 13:1 out of the 3)

(2) your hitting up every bet under 13:1

(3) As your smallest possible win is 2:1 * 2:1 you get 4:1 odds which means if that comes you break even (but this never happens...ever), if anything else comes you, you win big (think about it as long a 2:1 or 13:1 doesn't win your wining minimum 12 times your money

But I may just be an idiot an wrong.

But if Joe and Felix won, you'd get absolutely nothing, and admittingly, Alex probably won't win, and neither will Ashley. I also would exclude Sam, since he doesn't seem like he'd win, not with those odds.

And for if anyone cares:

Bets Placed: 35

Bet Total: 38513 NP

Win Total: 63144 NP

Difference: 24631 NP

Not bad for doing nothing :yes: