Advent Calendar Glitch?

Nina

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah, humbug! :) This is the second time that I've been glitched by the Advent Calendar this year.

December is a sentimental month for me in terms of Neopets history because it was in December 2007 that I really got the hang of playing Neopets. I created my first "serious" gallery and completely explored the Neopets site. Each day I got something from the Advent Calendar and put it in my gallery.

So, I'm trying to complete the Advent Calendar activity this year. But, due to the glitches, I've already had to spend over 100,000 NP to buy the Advent Calendar items that should rightfully (or at least theoretically) have already been in my Inventory. :crying:

Still, I'm trying to be an optimist. It's just a game, and there is one good thing about the Advent Calendar glitches: I learned a valuable lesson. Neopets is a free (albeit ad-supported) enterprise. I can't expect perfection. :arrowhead: So, I won't visit Neopets first thing. The first thing I'll do from now on is log on to TDN and check the news and read my guild's pages to see what's going on. Then I'll check the Advent Calendar coverage (or whatever the current coverage is - for example, if I had checked TDN's Games Master Challenge last month when I was busy playing the games, then I wouldn't have been affected by the "no prize" glitches that affected that site event).

Same here I haven't received mine =/

Did you submit a bug report about it Chaotic?

nope. i just noticed it randomly as i was going to my inventory. I don't know if the np got awarded though... but then again, does it really matter?

It might matter, since we don't know if getting the Sidebar will be affected. One questions, are you sure they were yesterday's prizes and not ones that you bought? The two from yesterday were Freaky Factory related items.

No, people who were glitched yesterday have started to get prizes in their inventory. Anime told me over msn that she got hers. Apparently they would be awarded in alphabetical order, so hang on tight and you should get them eventually.

Bleh, I bought the missing items in shops for 8k and 14k (because I'm a collector, and people overpriced them because of the glitch). But if TNT send items to compensate for the glitch (and it's nice from them :P), I will have the items twice and must resell them and loose money. Okay, I will wait and sell them next year or later thus :P

Nyargargarah.

I bought the missing items yesterday for 9,500 NP and for 50,000 NP. They were overpriced because the glitch made them rare-but-in-demand. Now I have about 200,000 NP in the bank; that's not going to last much longer since I need 3 Codestones a day to train.

Now the prices are going to drop on the glitched items because The Neopets Team will give the glitched items to (some?) of the people affected by the glitch (I say "some" because I doubt TNT can get a mess like this 100% fixed - there will always be some people who will fall through the cracks, but I believe The Neopets Team will try its best considering how many complaints were sent in).

they just gave out the advent prizes for the glitched day retroactively. check your inventory :)

Correct! They are already giving out the prizes for yesterday's advent calendar. Please be informed that they seem to be doing it ALPHABETICALLY! So if you haven't received yours yet, be patient. :D

Yes! Thank you TNT! I got my toys!!! -uses weapon on them- That's what you get for glitching the Advent Calendar!!! Unleash your sticky hands! We'll nick all their prizes!!! By the way, I am joking. I think they're just a bunch of Scrooges. Humbug!

The Animation Didnt Load And No I Didnt Get My Prize... Imagine If It Was A Royal PB Or Something Lmfao.

Wait! Was Yesterdays Items The Nova Thing And The Other Thing I Cant Remember??? I Had Six Of Those Nova Things From Friends So I Could've Been Richer Lol!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not double post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I tried to collect my advent calendar items on the glitched day and got squat.

Today I went to check my inventory :whistle:

and there were the freaky factory slingshot and plushie!

yay! yay! yay!

I hope this happened to everyone else too. :)

Ya it should be at H now because I just seen it in my inventory. One thing I find it funny is that I actually got my prize when it is not glitching so I now got 2 sets of the same item :D I think TNT does not know who got their prize during glitch and just saw who got claim the prize that day...

[quote name=Bah, humbug! This is the second time that I've been glitched by the Advent Calendar this year.

December is a sentimental month for me in terms of Neopets history because it was in December 2007 that I really got the hang of playing Neopets. I created my first "serious" gallery and completely explored the Neopets site. Each day I got something from the Advent Calendar and put it in my gallery.

So, I'm trying to complete the Advent Calendar activity this year. But, due to the glitches, I've already had to spend over 100,000 NP to buy the Advent Calendar items that should rightfully (or at least theoretically) have already been in my Inventory.

Still, I'm trying to be an optimist. It's just a game, and there is one good thing about the Advent Calendar glitches: I learned a valuable lesson. Neopets is a free (albeit ad-supported) enterprise. I can't expect perfection. So, I won't visit Neopets first thing. The first thing I'll do from now on is log on to TDN and check the news and read my guild's pages to see what's going on. Then I'll check the Advent Calendar coverage (or whatever the current coverage is - for example, if I had checked TDN's Games Master Challenge last month when I was busy playing the games, then I wouldn't have been affected by the "no prize" glitches that affected that site event).

yes December last yr got the hang of Neopets as well. Sent TNT a complaint just incase they gave those who complained something :D And also stupid bedtime and other people who want to use the computer maybe i could have tried again later and got it. the NST and real time area should really get fixed somehow.

^ Happened to me too.

I went to my inventory and I was like "Whoa, wait what?"

Haha,

they are pretty.

I wish I woulda got to see the animation though :/

I like those for some reason XD

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/ad...-calendar-2008/

^We are keeping an archives of all animations, so you can watch it if you missed it :)

See, I like to go to the Advent Calendar first to save the surprise of the prizes, and the same thing's happened to me as Starleth, no prizes :crying: Guess we've learned our lesson, huh.

But on the bright side, at least today they didn't give away the Seasonal Attack Pea avatar.

Yeah, I learned my lesson... It's still unfair.

You've also got a point about the avatar, at least.