Stocks!

imnotgeorge

I've just started getting into the neopets stock market a few days ago (5 to be exact) and it's already bearing fruit!

The 60k that I've invested into stocks so far is worth around 77k now. in 4 days! Compare that to bank interest and It's like raining money.

I'm tracking my portfolio daily via MS Excel, so it's easy to detect any day-by-day changes (the neopets portfolio only lets you see your total changes, so if you bought at 15np each, yesterday it was worth 25np each, but today it's worth 24np each, it'll show you only that your investment is still at a profit and won't tell you that you've lost 1000 np over the past day.

So any other stockbrokers here?

Sure, its a good way to make money... tracking is a bit too enthusiastic for me though. Maybe if I did day-trading then it would be good, but I have my sell point and once I see stocks over that, I sell. Otherwise, it doesn't matter to me the fluctuations :P

Good luck though! What is your sell point?

Good Job finding the stock market :) It's a great way to invest, but do expect losses. I'm at -22.38% :( But I have made about 90-100k so far :) For absolutely nothing :) Just a tip though, 30 is a good sellpoint 'cos the NSM (Neopian Stock Market) is TOTALLY RANDOM (Like CYBU, it barely fluctuated AT ALL but in 1 week rose 48 pts (I think)) Once you sell a couple at 30 you may look further to 45 and 60 for greater profit :jerrypteri:

(Don't ask why I used the Jerry emotiocon. I like it.)

One fellow stockbroker right here. :yes: I prefer gradual, long term investments as opposed to day-to-day tracking - most stocks will rise to decent selling points given time, the tough bit is figuring out the sell point for each stock.

Of course, I generally wait so long that the companies I'm investing in bankrupt. :P

I am into the stock market too. Made around 500k in the last 2 weeks so I'm pretty happy. Selling point is 60np a share ;). Yes it takes patience, but it totally worth it because then I get to make large deposit.

I am into the stock market too. Made around 500k in the last 2 weeks so I'm pretty happy. Selling point is 60np a share ;) . Yes it takes patience, but it totally worth it because then I get to make large deposit.

Where do you reccomend getting the stocks from? :)

i haven't had luck with stocks. i remember when you could buy stocks at 6 NP. then it was ridiculously easy to make money. in fact, on one of my frozen accounts, i invested in a bunch of stocks at 6 NP which rose to about 100 NP per share. of course none of that matters now *mumble*

but yea, i'm investing in 15 NP stocks now, and i haven't been seeing ridiculous profits.... i prefer food club--it's not just random jumps, it's statistics and educated guesses. with food club, i've made around 80k overall so far (i generally earn around 2-10k per bet).

Stocks are a lot of fun. I usually invest in KSON whenever it's low, along with EEEEE and TSRC, because I've made a pretty decent profit from them before, but then again, they are random.

Wouldn't it be hard to track them though? I mean they do change every hour.

Wouldn't it be hard to track them though? I mean they do change every hour.

Correction, they change every half hour :P

I don't feel it necessary to track my stocks more than checking them in Neopets a few times a day.

The stock market seems to be doing well this month. My 200K+ stocks currently have a 35% profit on it! :laughingsmiley:

However, since my sell point is 60, and I don't sell it all AT 60, I haven't made TOO much from it. Still, getting about a 350K profit from 7000 stocks over the last two days isn't too bad if you ask me. :P