TNT - oversensitive?

Splarne

TNT enforcement  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Is TNT a bunch of oversensitive goofs... or hard working peeps trying to keep us evil ones in line?

• if you blink, you should be frozen! (tnt is great)
    • tnt would freeze their own grandma! (tnt is outta control)

I hear that, M! I'm adult enough to understand that cussing has it's place... and that place is NOT NeoPets! Although, I gotta say, the censor has bleeped things I never thought of as profanity.... gave me some great ideas!

lmao! ;D So in that sense...Neopets makes us think dirtier! What a juxtaposition :P

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lmao! ;D So in that sense...Neopets makes us think dirtier! What a juxtaposition :P

I hear ya! A while back I was using the name of an item in Neomail and it triggered the censors! In the middle of the item name, it contained something that could potentially be somewhat offensive if used alone (without the letters surrounding it) and in the right context. I've also had to reword several neomails until I figured out what the "offending" word or phrase was because the neomails were pretty innocuous, just reading them. A person looking at it wouldn't find anything wrong with it, but a badly-programmed bot certainly did.

I haven't been warned yet, and I don't plan on getting myself in that position, but I'm sure that with all the "outraged parents" that expect everyone else to do the parenting for them, Neopets will be continually pressured to keep up their level of watchfulness and botting.

As to the bots.... ya know that artificial intelegence is not really intelegent! One really dumb one I got once... I was trying to use the contraction of "he will"-- he'll. The **** thing kicked it back to me!

@M!! - I am amazed... that you just used juxtaposition in everyday conversation. I think that made my day. Thank you. :yes:

As for hiring more people, that would cost a lot more, and Neopets already costs a lot since it's completely free for the users (except the NC mall.) The bots are fairly effective, though oversensitive by necessity. A well-programmed bot shouldn't have blocked out "he'll", but if they didn't, people would figure that out and start using "he'll" in place of "hell", thus slipping under the radar. So in order for Neopets to be kid-friendly, it has to be a little paranoid.

~ Livvy

why dont they hire more people than?

Then first off. :P Sorry I'm a grammar nut.

But yeah, considering they're in America, where there's an economical crisis, and jobs are short and money isn't flowing, I'm not sure Neopets is looking for new employees. And plus, bots can be more efficient than people, since they aren't prone to human error.

And I've never had any problems with the filters, other than that time it accidentally filtered apostrophes.

(Yay, another grammar nut!)

Yea, bots are more efficient than people. Besides, would you REALLY want someone reading through all your personal neomail, knowing that they have access to your real email? Kinda dangerous, or at least not exactly a comforting thought.

~ Livvy

• 2 weeks later...

Thank goodness so many people agree, I thought I was alone! I've gotten 3 frozen accounts over NOTHING! For the longest time on my current account I didn't interact with anyone at all for fear of being frozen again. *sigh* I miss my old account and pets!

I think they freeze a lot of accounts for no good reason atall.

But in some ways I understand why they're strict. I suppose they have to be tough to crack down on scammers and the like. But it's very unfair when it happens to someone innocent.

i would say that the primary reason as to why it takes so long IS because it is done by humans. if it was all coded, it would not allow you to type words that don't pass the filter in the first place. also, how would you code for the trigger happy reporters? the answer is that you can't really.

think google bomb

I know of somebody who was frozen who was frozen for having a guild with a contest. She was busy, so had to leave the computer and come back a few hours later to fix it. Her warning said that if she didn't fix it, her guild would be deleted, and if she continued to break rules, her account would be frozen. So she came back a few hours later and guess what? Her account was frozen. Her guild wasn't deleted.

I know she broke the rules, but in this case it seems like TNT just wanted to freeze her.

I think that many people definitely deserve to be frozen, but that many are unjustly frozen or suspended. I know people who do dailies and play games on side accounts every single day who never get caught, however, and that makes me mad. If you are going against the rules, then you should definitely be punished and you have no room to whine about it later.

The rules are set in place for a reason, and I think that a lot of the older players forget that Neopets is supposed to be a "family friendly" website, and that they shouldn't create usernames with foul language or sexually themed language, the same goes for guilds, as well. I have heard people saying that they think there should be an adult only section of Neopets, but if you think of it, that is kind of silly. Neopets is a game, you have pets and you play games to earn fake money to buy fake items, if you want to talk about things that are of an adult nature, you should take it elsewhere.

my account suspended today. no notice, just a "this account has been suspended", it will last 23 hours and 58 minutes.

i put a bunch of stuff in trades earlier in the day, but didn't interact with anyone (i've learned from the last two freezes that i get into trouble when i neomail the wonderful players trying to scam people with a trilobyte or tin can). this little freeze bot of theirs seems to trigger awefully easy - at least that's my run ints. :crying:

That's no good. Listen, I've got some sway over the Neopet's team. I'm one of the CD's(Creative Director). This problem happens often and if you need any help in the future, because this is a problem we've encountered before, it's just a random problem, not one that's been done personally by TNT, just message me on here.

I've personally never had a problem with TNT, except them saying some word was offensive and me needing to go through my neomail like 50 times to find out what the "offensive" word was. I was in 6th grade at the time and didn't really know any offensive words in the first place, so I was quite confused. But other than that, I've never had a problem.

• 2 weeks later...

TNT is pretty oversensitive, yeah. But I guess all you can do is follow the rules the best you can, and be prepared to contact TNT or just start over again if you're still frozen. :/ It's kind of sad that this is the way things are, but there's nothing to be done for it.

I got two warnings on my old main account, but they were completely my fault: they were both for posting offsite links, because I was Neomailing people the URLs of the awards I used to give out. I didn't think to just put them up on a petpage. xD;;

I've been a bit nervous since I made and switched to this account, but I'm being extra careful to follow the rules -- I check on my old main occasionally to care for my pets, but I don't even transfer anything between the two accounts. Even if sometime in the distant future I decide to switch back, I should be okay, right?