TNT - oversensitive?

Splarne

TNT enforcement  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Is TNT a bunch of oversensitive goofs... or hard working peeps trying to keep us evil ones in line?

• if you blink, you should be frozen! (tnt is great)
    • tnt would freeze their own grandma! (tnt is outta control)

my account suspended today. no notice, just a "this account has been suspended", it will last 23 hours and 58 minutes.

i put a bunch of stuff in trades earlier in the day, but didn't interact with anyone (i've learned from the last two freezes that i get into trouble when i neomail the wonderful players trying to scam people with a trilobyte or tin can). this little freeze bot of theirs seems to trigger awefully easy - at least that's my run ints. :crying:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never had any problems from TNT.

I think those who do get frozen, just do something wrong and either:

-Thought it was okay but infact it was against the rules (perhaps blocking images etc)

-Did something bad, but says "I was unfairly frozen"

because they know if they said "I tried to scam someone and got frozen :(" no-one would care.

I've never had any problems from TNT.

I think those who do get frozen, just do something wrong and either:

-Thought it was okay but infact it was against the rules (perhaps blocking images etc)

-Did something bad, but says "I was unfairly frozen"

because they know if they said "I tried to scam someone and got frozen :(" no-one would care.

my day was this:

do the dailies.

play kass basher

check shop till

put traded world challenge piece in picture

do 2 snow faerie quests

do 1 illusen's quest

play ice cream machine 2 times (in world challenge)

put duplicate piece won in world challenge in trading post (along with cleaning up the others), put the phrase "terror mountain 2.10, 17, or 19" in the wishlist.

play scorchy slots

start playing next hour of ice cream machine world challenge

please direct me to the part where i was doing something "infact... against the rules". i'll gladly accept it, if it is there.

this is my day every day for the past 2 years. pretty lame. pretty tame. there's a 'bot in use, and it is set up to catch certain patterns, i guess i crossed the line and need to read the Ts and Cs again. :S :guiltysmiley:

that's weird. tnt never has had a problem with me. i try not to do anything wrong, i hope they dont bother me.

lol i do the same thing everyday. its very repetitve. i even play the same games in the same order. its also very sad.

I got my first official warning today! For my language. The only thing I can think of is when I used a common acronym for an exclamation of profanity in a neomail... 0:) Which is pretty oversensitive, I think I get now why so many old and perfectly fine-looking users are frozen! But I can understand, I mean they do have to watch over millions and they can't tell who's genuine and who's a troll.. so I guess they rely on people getting one trivial warning and being ultra careful from there... They should get a couple of moderators for each board so the rules are a little more calmly enforced, maybe...

TNT is definitely oversensitive, or to use the term I coined a while ago, trigger-happy. While I'm fortunate enough not to have been affected myself, I have (personally) seen several cases of people being unfairly frozen. And of course, there have been several trustworthy people here on TDN who have been the victim of TNT's giant freeze ray (V had her account frozen a while back for one).

It seems like everyday there is another unfairly frozen person posting on here...

and I guess they could be lying, but the members here are pretty awesome, so I don't think that is the case.

I am super paranoid about getting frozen, so I go above and beyond to follow the rules, but I'm still always scared.

*shivers* i get cold just thinking about being frozen *shivers*

I've just avoided those things that could get me frozen. I haven't joined a guild, I don't post on the neoboards, I tend to avoiding neomails, I keep absolutely everything NP related, I only have one side account that I only use for quests...

Geez... I wonder if this is what an authoritarianism feels like. lol

I don't really agree with either option in the poll.

I would lean more towards way oversensitive. A lot more towards that option.

On the other hand, however, I know plenty of people who deserved to get frozen but say they didn't, or change the story to why they were frozen. An example is a friend of mine who spammed profanity everywhere, but then proceeded to say she was cookie grabbed.

TNT is often portrayed as an evil conspiring group of a lot of individuals, when really it is possible that people either make mistakes, or people lie some of the time. I'd say a good chunk of the time people are just overexaggerating or leaving out details. I really don't think the mods have an abnormal obsession with freezing people or anything. It's just their job.

(Please note that I'm not calling everyone liars or something. I know plenty of people who have been frozen randomly and unfairly. I just know people as well who, for example, accepted an item that they KNEW was autobought from the shops, but then acted as if TNT had unjustly frozen their account.)

The problem I have is less with TNT being oversensitive, or even undersensitive in cases with people who are spamming and I dislike... but more of with the filters. They've been having a lot of problems with coding in the non-neoboards filters, and the neoboard filters block the randomest things sometimes. And neomail filters are far too strict, now. I see people warned for the stupidest things, and I personally got warned for telling a few of my friends to donate food related items to the money tree o_O

The times I have problems with TNT is when people get suspended for typoing, and if they would have read just one post above it, they would have known it wasn't intentional.

I've never been frozen but this id what I think.

TNT love scammers but they hate people that play Neopets how it was originaly intendid to be played.

Did you know if you change your email adress TNT changes the password to any acounts on that email address one year later? They deactivate the accounts and change the password. I left for a year and changed my email but when I came back that's what they did to all my old accounts and when I used the password retrevial they said the accounts weren't valid -_-.

Definitely oversensitive.

I tried to create a Neoadventure last week but I couldn't even create the starting page. Every time I try to add the page, I'm told that it contains inappropriate words. I looked through everything over 50 times but none of the words look wrong in any eyes. I then decided to copy everything into Notepad and copy back one sentence at a time to filter out the possible words. After 25 minutes, I found two of the last words I would have expected (world and dreams) but there was still more being picked up by the filter. I just decided to give up and send a suggestion asking to provide a list of inappropriate words to make my life (and hopefully everybody else's life) a lot easier when creating Neoadventures. And I thought this is why there are age restrictions for certain areas of Neopets.com but apparently that isn't the case here.

At one point in time, the neoadventures didn't work when you had apostrophes

Don't know if that's still the case, but if you really want to make one, it's worth a try

I got my first official warning today! For my language. The only thing I can think of is when I used a common acronym for an exclamation of profanity in a neomail... 0:) Which is pretty oversensitive, I think I get now why so many old and perfectly fine-looking users are frozen! But I can understand, I mean they do have to watch over millions and they can't tell who's genuine and who's a troll.. so I guess they rely on people getting one trivial warning and being ultra careful from there... They should get a couple of moderators for each board so the rules are a little more calmly enforced, maybe...

I agree, I found my account was temporarily frozen yesterday and I still don't know why! It only became active again today and it's rather annoying.

I take care not to include any swear words or other things in neomail with friends, so I can only assume that the bot thought I was swearing or being rude in some way...

I find it rather frustrating!

I think sometimes the bots get things confused. For example if you type FTW (For The Win), the bots may think you're trying to type FTW backwards, which we all know isn't something we should be saying on Neopets.

I think sometimes the bots get things confused. For example if you type FTW (For The Win), the bots may think you're trying to type FTW backwards, which we all know isn't something we should be saying on Neopets.

Actually, there is more than one possible expansion for the acronym FTW. One is For The Win, and the other isn't something which I can mention here. I have no idea how TNT sets their bots to handle this though...

They filter NeoAdventures now? That wasn't the case before. I say they need to relax a bit.

But they can't... not anymore. Because Neopets has become so popular it attracts so many ill-willed people... I wish that wasn't so, in a way.

A lot of the NeoAdventures were funny, because they weren't filtered...

I´ve never been frozen either but I've had 2 warnings so far. One because on the boards someone was talking about getting a neww tattoo or something, and I think I replied with something like "as long as you don't get it while you're drunk" and the next day I found a warning saying I shoudln't discuss alcohol hahahahaha

the second warning was because I made a post, something like "Einstein fanclub!" about the talking parrot video in youtube, someone said they hadn't seen the video and I told them to look in youtube and gave him the code. Not the actual link, just the lil' part that's different for each video, like ¨kdOfUcEyWqk&NR¨ (that's an awesome video if you like metallica btw) and then I got a warning saying I couldn't give any link that was off-site.

Yeah, I know they're trying to keep the site "kid-safe", but I think they're going way overboard, too. Most of the people are teens and up, and can figure out how to keep from spouting off inappropriate stuff. Granted, you always have a few sickos, but usually they get reported pretty quickly...

I basically don't bother with the boards anymore. It's WAY too easy to get frozen, and I have no desire to lose my account.

• 4 weeks later...

I try not to say anything that seems inappropriate to me, but in England we have a lot of slang and words that we use day to day as habit. So, sometimes I have to really think before I write something. And I'm not allowed to have my surname written on Neopets, because that's classed as inappropriate.

This is just one of the reasons I quit neopets.

I mean, they over-react to everything. I remember having to break down my sentences to figure out what part was ticking them off. And then it'd turn out to be something that is the most common word in the english language and is far from inappropriate.

It made me mad, it did.