Item Help

at0mix

Okay, I searched and searched, and I can see why I wouldn't be able to find it, but I'm not new to neopets per se, like, I've known about it, and used it off and on for a long time. But just recently for some reason, I'm starting to get into it. And I'm finding myself lacking as far as shop hunting goes, because I don't know what I'm looking for. I find myself refreshing shops every minute to see if it's restocked, but then for every item I have to shop wizard it, and when I find out it's a good item, sold out.

So, can anyone give me like, a general, not long or detailed, just a small list of some things I may be looking for in the Toy shop and any book shop that may turn a nice profit, or is rare, and I should definitally buy?

Any help would be much appreciated cause I'm driving myself insane trying to learn an entire economy. hahaha

thanks much.

A few little tips... if you restock plushie, try to get some that are painted colored. They usually sell for more than red, blue, yellow, green. Another tip is to look at how many of the item has just restocked. If you see that an item is available in 22 copies, don't rush to get it. But if something is in 1-5 quantity, it probably worth more.

You can also try to restock wearable items. I know some toys are wearables, and they surely sell for more than others.

I hope that helps. I'm not an expert restocker.

There are plenty of guides out there.

Always check on TDN for guides, they usually have something for anything you want to know..

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/restocking/

I'm terrible at restocking, but this seemed like a good guide to me when I tried it out for a bit.

http://www.neopets.com/~toot127

Good luck! :)

ive been restocking at the chocolate factory in the hope of getting the av, im not that great at restocking.

anyway, if theres a whole bunch of random things just sitting there, leave them, and snag one of the ones thats more expensive when the shop restocks. if theres only one of them in stock, grab it!!! i made a profit of 9,000 doing that, and a couple thousand more for some other things, and i got something that was a rarity of 89!! i was kinda annoyed, cuz you need 90 for chocolate factory. :grrr:

*ahem ahem*

*readies monocle*

To start off, if you're new to restocking, i advise you to do two things. Market readup, you need to know whats what, and i find the Item Database at Jellyneo.net is perhaps the most comprehensive and easy to use, with price estimations and whatnot. I'm sure TDN has its own, so you can look it up.

Second, be prepared to lose some money. In this vein i would like to ask why you are even checking the shop wizard to see if the price is right before you buy it. No one, i repeat, no one is going to WAIT for you! The good items in a shop empty as fast as under 2 seconds, and you need to be fast, be sure, and be good enough to compete. That said, here are a few things you should know.

Price is an indicator. The main shops stock items that are rare in 2500, 5000 and 10000nps. These items are easy to see, and they should be the one you want to go for (although some shops, for eg, food shop, have 2500np items at atrocious prices on the shop wizard, and you're going to lose money. Thats where your readup comes in, and even then, be prepared to lsoe money through restocking bad items, just learn from it and dont buy them again).

Second is the quanitity stocked. Normally, if a restock happens and you see only 1 or two of a particular item, go for them as they normally also are the profitable ones. Some people even choose to omit the pictures itself from the shop page and just look at name, price, and quantity so they can pinpoint an item faster.

Hand position and restocking rhythm has to come with practice, and you can read em up on this site http://www.neofaerie.net/. The site which taught me everything. Everyone finds it very difficult at first, but by and by as you stick with it and develop your speed and style, you'll come to see why its such a profitable, and challenging venture (more fun then the silly old games if i do say so myself XD

I could write an essay about this, but plenty of others have done better than me in explaining things out there. Just go look em up.

Happy restocking :)

I just want to say that the hand position she suggests doesn't work at all on a mac. It's impossible to place your hands similary on my keyboard, at all XD. And differents keys are doing the functions she suggests anyway.

Yea, that isn't allowed and blocking ads isn't allowed either. (So either get premium Neopets to eliminate ads or have them to show when you restock).

Is it?? blocking the image of the 'item' is not in anyway compromising the restocking rule. Perhaps your confusing it with blocking images that are not of a certain rarity, and hence getting all the good stuff appearing only on your page. I did try the tactic of looking only at names and price, and believe me, its as hard as looking at picture, if not harder cause the words are so small. Also, theres hardly any difference in speed, simillarly to blocking ads, i dont understnad why people feel that blocking ads make restocking faster -.-

Well, it gives an advantage because page loads faster when some images are blocked. (You might or might not see the difference depending of your internet speed). Anything that gives you an advantage is against rules. Mighty TNT have ways to know things... they can even say that you are cheating at games when you aren't, so I wouldn't try my luck with them.

Blocking ads is allowed (and has been stated to be so by TNT themselves). However, blocking item images is not.

Neopets strives to an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity to flourish if they obey the rules of game. The Terms and Conditions set forth how the level playing field is maintained. People who use outside programs to cheat the game play, such as autobuyers programs, are not playing fairly. Programs that do not affect the game play, such as ad block, do not give a player an unfair advantage and therefore can be used. Likewise, people can always manually refresh a page. As long as you are not playing unfairly, you have nothing to worry about.

+

Yes, disabling -disallowed_word- or images while restocking is considered giving yourself an unfair advantage over other players, and is not allowed. Even though it's a browser function and not a 3rd party cheat, it's still not allowed. Just like opening 100 window tabs and hitting "refresh all" trying to get Random Events will get you frozen faster than you can say, "Geraptiku" (or figure out how to pronounce it; one or the other). Don't get paranoid, though! If you don't know if you disabled -disallowed_word-, you most likely haven't. This question probably doesn't apply to 99.87% of you, so don't fret about it if you have no idea what we're blithering about here.

Besides, TDN even has a page dedicated to ad blocking! XD

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/remove-neopets-ads/

Blocking ads is allowed (and has been stated to be so by TNT themselves). However, blocking item images is not.

Neopets strives to an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity to flourish if they obey the rules of game. The Terms and Conditions set forth how the level playing field is maintained. People who use outside programs to cheat the game play, such as autobuyers programs, are not playing fairly. Programs that do not affect the game play, such as ad block, do not give a player an unfair advantage and therefore can be used. Likewise, people can always manually refresh a page. As long as you are not playing unfairly, you have nothing to worry about.

+

Yes, disabling -disallowed_word- or images while restocking is considered giving yourself an unfair advantage over other players, and is not allowed. Even though it's a browser function and not a 3rd party cheat, it's still not allowed. Just like opening 100 window tabs and hitting "refresh all" trying to get Random Events will get you frozen faster than you can say, "Geraptiku" (or figure out how to pronounce it; one or the other). Don't get paranoid, though! If you don't know if you disabled -disallowed_word-, you most likely haven't. This question probably doesn't apply to 99.87% of you, so don't fret about it if you have no idea what we're blithering about here.

Besides, TDN even has a page dedicated to ad blocking! XD

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/articles/remove-neopets-ads/

Ahhhh...O.o *meep*

Wait, i was given advice by the wrong person then!! grrrr!!

In anycase, i tried it once, and never did it again. Now i wouldnt even think of it XD

*i think i double posted. I'm not sure how to edit it,and i never really understood the instructions either! Can someone guide me?