Neoquest 2

jessy

Haha, really, that would be harder. I am using the In-depth Neoquest guide to play it and I'm almost at the boss. i played about two years ago (the same one I'm playing now) and left if for ages. Then I decided I'm going to get the Devilpuss and Cybunny avatars. Well, I got this far, so I decided to finish.

Walking up the stairs to Terask 2 (the last boss) right now!

And i'm halfway to level 60 on all characters.

Can't wait!!

Heck, I finished it on insane and got the Wand of Reality. Then my cookie got stolen, and my back and items looted, and TNT would never give me my account back. (Actually, they gave it back without fixing the cookie grabber in my lookup, so when that fired again, they froze my account and then would never give it back. Argh.)

After not playing for a long time, I finally made a new account, and I've played both NQ and NQII through -- but only on normal.

And everything of value is PINed this time.

Yeah, when I got all of the avvies, I stopped playing. I beat the Faerie Thief and made it to the next area, only to find it extremely large, and I decided it wasn't worth the effort.

i play it over and over again, when i can. it is one of those games which is good for getting random events. i've played all three levels and play the second one in the hopes of getting a ramtor's spell book.

belltower : Wow, that's not good. At least you didn't give up :)

Thaladirith: I also thought of that, but I decided that I'd grab the 10K at the end and the item (which ended up being worth 11K.)

Splarne: I would, but I don't have the patience and my eyes start to go funny after playing it for too long. I have no idea how people beat that game in 7 hours!

I don't think I could beat it in 7 hours... even if my body was allowing it...

Usually I start to say "I'll go and play 15min of Neoquest", and it ends to be 2-3h... oups! Just got Velm last night. My hero! :P

Oh, I finished it. And promptly started a new game. How do people finish it in 7h?! Even without beating any optional bosses (the weapons are not so good in that case) and permanently on hunting mode (especially after getting Velm) it's impossible for me.

I play NQ around one chapter a week or longer. Too much and my brain explodes. :D

I started playing Neoquest II one, perhaps two months ago. However, I came upon a bug, when trying to move up the stairs in Mysterious Tower, lvl 1. It was simply not possible to advance, because whenever I tried to go up, the stairs would change place.

Since getting to this point takes a while, I simply lost interest and never went back. Anyone else who has experienced the same or similar bugs?

I started playing Neoquest II one, perhaps two months ago. However, I came upon a bug, when trying to move up the stairs in Mysterious Tower, lvl 1. It was simply not possible to advance, because whenever I tried to go up, the stairs would change place.

Since getting to this point takes a while, I simply lost interest and never went back. Anyone else who has experienced the same or similar bugs?

Could it be possible that you actually went up the stairs? Because from my memory I think most of the levels were the same, so sometimes it looks like the stairs are moving. Exit the tower and then reenter, and this time, just keep on going after you got to the stairs.

Also if you're having trouble with Neoquest, you can use this guide. I've found it extremely helpful.

http://www.digifort.com/idnq/index.php

Could it be possible that you actually went up the stairs? Because from my memory I think most of the levels were the same, so sometimes it looks like the stairs are moving. Exit the tower and then reenter, and this time, just keep on going after you got to the stairs.

Also if you're having trouble with Neoquest, you can use this guide. I've found it extremely helpful.

http://www.digifort.com/idnq/index.php

No, that's not it :laughingsmiley:

Yeah, I used that guide when playing. Am considering to start over... if only for the two avies later on.

Best walkthrough to use with the maps of idnq is http://www.neopets.com/~Winnie_1964 :P
I very much agree!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please make all posts at least 7 words long. Quotes do not count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Xepha: Yes, very much so. I used the same guide.

Thewackykid : It seems impossible to me. I finished in about a month or two. But had already done half of level one a year or so ago. So all up it probably took a year and a half lol.

Best walkthrough to use with the maps of idnq is http://www.neopets.com/~Winnie_1964 :P

She misses one point, by the way. In the decision between healing and group healing, one thing to consider is that healing takes a lot less time than group healing. So while you might get a bit more healing in each shot (although how often is everyone injured?), Velm is less likely to be ready to heal a character (who has taken a body blow and is near death) before the next chance for them to be hit.

Also, in any battle you want to disable the strongest attacker first. Try to mesmerize them and, if that doesn't work, have your attackers all focus on one foe at a time. I prefer direct damage over group damage because it takes out individual opponents sooner, and doesn't disrupt mesmerized foes. Also, the toughest battles are generally boss battles, and only two of those are against more than one opponent.

Note that if you have two similar strength opponents, you want to factor in the likelihood of your attacks taking them out before they attack. If Rohane and Mipsy are strong enough to take out a single opponent if they both hit, and one of the opponents will go before (say) Mipsy and the other after, attack the second opponent. You may kill the second guy before he can attack.

Also, use the wait commands. Got a mesmerized foe? Use the delays so all of your characters can attack him within the same second. That way you'll be likely to get all your attacks off. Otherwise, if Velm whacks a guy when Rohane is still four seconds away from his next attack, odds are the opponent will get the mesmer broken and get a strike in.

I haven't used the mesmerize ability yet. In normal I just decided not to spend points on it, and I was okay. This time I'm taking to use it, but I'm not sure yet if it really worth it. Thoughts?

(And I mostly relied on the guide for boss levels... althought I'm always above suggestions XD)

I haven't used the mesmerize ability yet. In normal I just decided not to spend points on it, and I was okay. This time I'm taking to use it, but I'm not sure yet if it really worth it. Thoughts?

(And I mostly relied on the guide for boss levels... althought I'm always above suggestions XD)

I actually just beat the game just a couple of minutes ago lol.

I don't think mesmerizing would help much. I mean the monsters never were that challenging, and it would probably be resisted by most bosses.

Yeah the 4 faeries battle was probably one hardest for me. I didn't try mesmerizing because they're bosses and usually bosses resist most spells, especially mesmerizing ones. I'd just stick with leveling up the skills you know work well, but it's your choice. If you decide to mesmerize them, let me know if it works or not!

And yeah, I'll probably be starting over. I want to get the gold trophy :D.