OOH SPOOKY

YoSmiles

Hey peeps. I know I have a million topics already, but I had to post this one. What are you going to be for halloween? What decorations will you put up? What will you cook? Will you trick or treat?

This is just a topic to discuss halloween and fall fun! I'm thinking about being either of these<><><><><><> Bill or Carolyn Slowsky (comcast commercials) and my friend will be the other one.

OR

Napoleon Dynamite or Pedro(the best movie of all time) and my friend will be the other one haha!! have fun with the posting! :evil:

Oh I wish people here made a bigger deal over Halloween - it's been getting worse year after year :(

Even in one of my first years of High school, there was a school disco where you could dress up, and only about 3 people did!

I've never seen anyone with a particularly decorated house either (if anything, it's just one small pumpkin on the window sill).

The kids that do trick-or-treating don't even bother trying with a costume - they just have a mask on, and that's it. Though, there might not even be any this year since there's been less and less trick-or-treaters each year.

Last year my parents got ONE trick-or-treater - who was a full month early anyway o_O

Shame, I love how I see it in TV sometimes - people with pumpkins all the way up the sides of their garden path, cobwebs around the door and/or porch, adults open the door to kids dressed in costumes themselves..... that's awesome, I'd love Halloween like that :)

why were they a month early?

a day i can understand but a month?

anyway i am going as the moon with my friends we are all dressing up as the cow who jumped over the moon nuersary rhyme

LadySussudio you would love my friends house. he has a different theme every year but he goes all out. like last year he transformed his yard into a cursed pirate ship with working cannons and stuff. i will have to find pics

Patch - Goodness knows why they were a month early, probably just thought they might as well try it then and maybe get some stuff. *shrugs*

I love your friend already!! *lol* That's great that he has a theme each year, it sounds amazing.

And your costume is cool - the cow who jumped over the moon *lol* That's brilliant!!

I always think a nice costume and/or decorations also help make others feel in the mood of the occassion and have a good time. It doesn't even have to be the best made costume or expensive decorations, but every little bit helps makes it cooler :)

It's too late for me to get stuff now, but hopefully money should be alright by next year and I'm going to put up some decorations and get a costume :) I'll have fun even if the rest of the town doesn't *lol*

They were a month early? o_O Did they get any candy?

I wish I could find a decent costume. Seems like the costume companies are stereotyping 13 year-olds and not giving me anything I like.

Wow, a whole month early. O.O

I don't celebrate Halloween, but I still help give out candy. (If anyone comes)

The people around my neighborhood seem to enjoy decorating their yards for that one day. And every year, there are new decorations too. It's pretty fun to just walk around the neighborhood and look at all of them.

we are starting to get decorations out. i want to make a scout costume*pokes siggy* but i haven't gotten to it yet.

I'm having a halloween party at my house. We're gonna watch some horror movies and stuff. I'm not going trick-or-treating, because I don't want to go through all of the trouble getting a costume.

LOL! yea my neighbor hood has good decorations but we live at the end of the street so we end up with a whole bunch of candy.....by the way that cow and moon one is good hehe

I'm not doing much for Halloween this year...

I'm not going trick-or-treating this year (I stopped trick or treating at age 9 because I don't like wearing costumes :P), basically I'm just going to eat lots of candy corn (Eeee, candy corn = LOVE =3)...or candy, depends xD, or even go to the mall and shop/eat dinner. :P At least that's what I'm planning to do. So that's basically the same thing I did last year...

I'm not going to have many Halloween decorations around my house...maybe just a pumpkin and a Halloween garland or sign, that's it.

Yeah, my Halloween's going to be boring for me...but it isn't going to be boring for my brother (he's 12 and still goes trick or treating 0.o lol...and I thought 9 was a good age to stop)...

They were a month early? o_O Did they get any candy?

I wish I could find a decent costume. Seems like the costume companies are stereotyping 13 year-olds and not giving me anything I like.

They did not get any candy!

My parents had stopped getting stuff anyway since no-one was coming round anymore, but they wouldn't have had stuff in a month before Halloween anyway!

Costumes are tricky now anyway - they're either for kids (so won't fit adults anyway), or else they think the adult costume has to be something, you know, naughty. If you're dressing up for the kids, why make the adult costumes so, adult! It's silly.

I want a pumpkin.

End of the story. I've decided that this year, I want to cook with a pumpkin, to feel seasonal. I guess that's what you do when you get too old to dress up and go out all night of Halloween :P.

Oh I wish people here made a bigger deal over Halloween...

OMG! People don't get into Halloween? That is so sad I may very well cry! I get SO into it...

Halloween is my birthday, and if I ever lived somewhere that people didn't make a big deal out of it I would be so upset!

People get pretty into around here, but I feel like every year Christmas comes a little sooner, and it's starting to encroach on Halloween!

Plus, the more parents worry about strangers the lamer trick-or-treating seems to get, and the less people seem to decorate.

Of course Halloween is my favorite holiday! And not just because it's my birthday,

but also because it's one of the few holidays that is just about being silly and having fun..

Not gift giving, or thanksgiving, or the government, or your religion...just dress up and eat candy!

Every year since I was old enough to, I have made my own costume, and this year I am going as a hot air balloon...

I will be going trick or treating with my nephews because I am their official photographer, so I have to be there for pictures.

And then after that I'll go with family and friends to Dave&Busters for 1/2 price game night!

@ FTX: Its your birthday at Halloween?! Oh, how the joy and horror!

I have to admit I'm not such a fan of dressing up...but I do love giving out candy!

Last year though I have to say that only one person visited our house for candy, and he was in his school uniform....

I have to say Halloween spirit has been taken out from our street. At least there's some decent Halloween films on the night :evil:

One year, I want to dress up as the "Heavy set guy dressed as Sailor Moon" that everyone dreads seeing at any convention. XP I would have to wear a fat suit, though, because I'm nowhere near big enough for that look... Plus, I would need to grow out a beard and mustache. Go here to see what I'm talking about (be warned, you may die from seeing this picture due to asphyxiation brought on by laughing too hard).

wowzers thats.....................interesting i guess you could say??

hehehaha what do you think about napoleon and pedro from napoleon dynamite??

my friends and i might go as them hah!!

OMG! People don't get into Halloween? That is so sad I may very well cry! I get SO into it...

Halloween is my birthday, and if I ever lived somewhere that people didn't make a big deal out of it I would be so upset!

People get pretty into around here, but I feel like every year Christmas comes a little sooner, and it's starting to encroach on Halloween!

Plus, the more parents worry about strangers the lamer trick-or-treating seems to get, and the less people seem to decorate.

Can I come live with you?? *lol*

I'd love to make a big deal out of Halloween and see people, of all ages, dressed up and having fun.

It is just fun, and decorations can be made out of paper, so it's not some overly expensive thing either.

And I love Christmas, but I get your point - it does creep in quicker each year!

Every year since I was old enough to, I have made my own costume, and this year I am going as a hot air balloon...

I will be going trick or treating with my nephews because I am their official photographer, so I have to be there for pictures.

And then after that I'll go with family and friends to Dave&Busters for 1/2 price game night!

A hot air balloon? That's the best costume I've ever heard of!!! *lol* That's cool :cool:

I actually have no idea what my costume would be...... though never really thought about it anyway. Perhaps I should start planning now for next year (where I'll probably be the only loon dressed up! :laughingsmiley:)

One year, I want to dress up as the "Heavy set guy dressed as Sailor Moon" that everyone dreads seeing at any convention. XP I would have to wear a fat suit, though, because I'm nowhere near big enough for that look... Plus, I would need to grow out a beard and mustache. Go here to see what I'm talking about (be warned, you may die from seeing this picture due to asphyxiation brought on by laughing too hard).

OH! My freind actaully met said "heavy set man dressed as Sailor Moon."

She went to Acen. Anime convention.

HERE HE BE. OoOoOoOoOoOoHhHh... scary.

I'm just going to be your average goth for halloween. Or mabye a "bitten." Someone bitten by a vampire. I have a vampire bite tattoo.

I'm not going to be dressing up.

Halloween isn't really a big deal for my family, since we don't live in a neighborhood we don't get many people to pass out candy to.

So normally we'll carve pumpkins (and bake the seeds. :D Yummm.) and watch a movie or something.

Haven't Trick-or-Treated in years. =/

I'm probably going to find a somewhat relevant cure to the common cold and study advanced quantum physics.

Or, as a back-up plan in case I don't do the above, just kick back lazily and reminisce about Kit-Kat bars back in the olden days.

Classic commercial.... classic...