Forums are back

m3l3ana

YAY!!! The forums are back to normal and working and nobody is deleting or editing my posts!!!

Thanks staffers for working hard and fast to get this fixed for us!!! You are the bestest staffers in the World :D

FREE COOKIES for everyone :)

No matter what website you are on you should always be aware of what you are doing and clicking on. The internet is never safe and there are always stupid people out to get you.

We have cleaned up our forums while they were offline and banned, ip banned, blocked, and any other possible way to prevent these user(s) from posting again.

Also, I would just like to state that cookie grabbers were never on tdn's forums. Only Ian, TDN's owner, has access to forum files and no one hacked TDN. The way these people got a hold of some peoples password was by posting a link to a web page off site of TDN. When the web page was visited, username and passwords were snatched.

It's usually a newer user to the forums (like it's their first post) posts a link promising free items or something that seems to good to be true, you have a 99.9% chance it's a scam. In this case the person who obtained information used well-known accounts to post and edit stuff, so don't just go by the first post rule. It ultimately comes down to common sense; use good judgment whenever you are on the internet. DO NOT CLICK SUSPICIOUS LINKS!! That's the key.

Also, most scam links are disguised as a Neopets link. PLEASE check to see if it's legitimate before clicking. You can view the properties and look at the address, and if it isn't a Neopets link, DO NOT click it and report it straight away.

This is an example:

http://www.neopets.com

Looks like it goes to Neopets, right? Nope. It's disguised to go to another site (in this case, Google) that will most likely steal your passwords. So PLEASE check before you click. ;)

This is becoming a very serious topic. I just started it to thank all the staffers for their hardwork at getting the forums safe again :yes: But I do agree that you need to check a link before you click on it and make sure that you aren't logging into some fake login page :yes:

YAY!!! The forums are back to normal and working and nobody is deleting or editing my posts!!!

Thanks staffers for working hard and fast to get this fixed for us!!! You are the bestest staffers in the World :D

FREE COOKIES for everyone :)

You Are Indeed The Absolute, Without A Doubt,

BEST STAFFERS IN THE WHOLE FREAKING WORLD!

*talking with her mouth full of cookie*

I Was Actually Thinking The Staffers Should Create A Neopets Donation Shop

Where We Buy Stuff From Them As A Thank You For All Their Hard Work!

EDIT: Well I Guess They Can't, And That Is Sad :crying_blow:

You Are Indeed The Absolute, Without A Doubt,

BEST STAFFERS IN THE WHOLE FREAKING WORLD!

*talking with her mouth full of cookie*

I Was Actually Thinking The Staffers Should Create A Neopets Donation Shop

Where We Buy Stuff From Them As A Thank You For All Their Hard Work!

Well, thank you. We did our possible to stop this as quickly as possible. A donation shop is a no no though. We had a warning from TNT when we had one, and we managed to get the account unfrozen (but everything on it was gone, of course. Except pets.)

Always be careful when you browse the interwebs. If you see something weird on the forums, try to PM a staffers that is online or not. You can also use the contact form of the site, and we will get a nice email from you :)

Also, I would just like to state that cookie grabbers were never on tdn's forums. Only Ian, TDN's owner, has access to forum files and no one hacked TDN. The way these people got a hold of some peoples password was by posting a link to a web page off site of TDN. When the web page was visited, username and passwords were snatched.

So, about that link that was posted by scammers, were our username and passwords already taken from the moment we clicked on it or was it when we entered our details was when we got our information snatched?

Always be careful when you browse the interwebs. If you see something weird on the forums, try to PM a staffers that is online or not. You can also use the contact form of the site, and we will get a nice email from you :)

Thanks for the information! I was freaking out when no staff was online and I kept on posting warning signs that kept on being edited or deleted! I even opened up a topic which eventually did get deleted anyway!

So, about that link that was posted by scammers, were our username and passwords already taken from the moment we clicked on it or was it when we entered our details was when we got our information snatched?

It's most likely that information was snagged immediately if you visited the link.