Key Quest Chat

wunderkind

Yeah, pretty much everybody has to pick pre-prepared statements. However, there are a lot of statements to choose from. :yes:

I don't really like this system, I rather type it myself because its really tiring trying to find the answer you want, haizz now TNT also want to control what we want to type...

The reason for the control is because TNT is worried about people making inappropriate remarks and such in Key Quest. :yes: It may also be related to a COPPA requirement, but I'm not familiar with COPPA regulations so I can't say for sure.

Yeah I figured we couldn't type ourselves in case people would be rude or whatever, but I do agree I'd rather type it myself - by the time I've looked through for a proper reply, they're gone! *lol*

It took me ages to figure it out though - someone would send me a message just before I got into the "waiting room" bit, and I didn't know if the message then was purely for me, or the whole area that I had just come from. Then I didn't even know if my reply would get to that one person, or everyone in the "room" with me at the time.

Plus, at first I couldn't understand why I couldn't type and this scrolling box thing kept coming up *lol*

I just gave up and hope they don't think I'm being rude ^_^

The chat feature used to work. I was playing keyquest when the build came out, and you could actually type instead of choosing. Its weird, cause i remember that the day before, i could not type. I guess TNT is playing around with that idea and probably took it down for some reasons. It may come back up when the final build is released

Free chat will probably be added into the final game, but I don't think its such a huge issue that it needs to be addressed in beta. We'd much rather have them working on playability than chatability, right? They might even offer the chance to choose between free chat and scripted chat, I remember there being a not-yet-pickable choice about it on Monday. Might still be there, but I haven't created any games lately to check, I just grab a quick one whenever I have a spare moment.

There was about half an hour one day where there was a list of scrolldown options for type of chat you wanted - the choosable options were: Number of Keys, Number of Players, Game Board, Game Topic and LEVEL OF CHAT used. I believe that in future players old enough to use the boards will be able to choose between no chat, scripted chat and monitored unscripted chat. I'd choose no chat!!

Well yes, I agree with that consensus - as it is, I just ignore the chat as it rarely contains anything valuable.

At first I was loving KQ cos of all the good prizes but to be honest I've gotten kinda bored with it! It's so slow and mini games rarely work...is it really worth all that work for all the prizes? I dunno

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Crusher) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep on topic with the original post! :)

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I won a Cloud pb from Key quest a few days ago.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Crusher) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep on topic with the original post! :)

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Please keep things on-topic guys! :P Personally, I don't see why they can't allow it for old-enough accounts, considering the battledome has free chat. It will be interesting to see if the re-implement this in the future, like a few of you guys/gals said. At any rate, I would expect a KQ update not too long from now, it seems from the old screenshots that they should be ready to go with more stuff soon enough.

=Cameron=