SAMPLE - Rate my drawing?

Faded

elvyellaink-1.png

My entry to the BC for the 8th.

It's the first time I've tried to draw by hand and color in by Photoshop.

Please be truthful about it, I can take it if you think it's rubbish.

Any tips for next time would be appreciated :)

O.O That's amazing! You did a really good job on that picture! ^_^

I do have one thing to say, though. There's a star inside the crescent of the moon. That's illogical. :O

Although, all of neopets is illogical...xD Ignore that last statement if you feel it's not important.

That's a little too good. The only tiny thing that's bugging me a little is that some places seem a little more blurry than others.

I noticed that too. My hand slipped when I did it and when I realised it afterwards, it was too late. I tried blurring it all, but it didn't look right.

Woooooooaah... it's not often that I see drawing that good. XD It seems we have a lot of budding artists on the forums though. :yes:

The best artists start out small. Your skills are already far beyond what I could ever hope to achieve. :yes:

Your shading and coloring is very good. I could never color like that, but one question is this scanned or CG?

Really? It's my second attempt at coloring one of my drawings ^^

I scanned the outline, and colored it in on Photoshop.

-----

Sure, all the artists start out small, but they start out with a lot of talent too. I'm not that talented to make it. I wasn't even good at art until I was 12 going on 13, so I carried on from there. I'm 14 and a bit now :)

Sure, all the artists start out small, but they start out with a lot of talent too. I'm not that talented to make it. I wasn't even good at art until I was 12 going on 13, so I carried on from there. I'm 14 and a bit now :)

You do have talent. If you didn't have talent, your drawing wouldn't be so pwnsome. ;)

Ah. maybe you should add a layer to ink it then color. just a suggestion.

I inked it by pen. I tried adding a layer, but I couldn't move it, so I gave up on that and used the magic wand to color bit by bit. I know how to do it in Paint shop, but the colors weren't as soft.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Pros:

Nice drawing of a pheophin!!

Nice concept with the clouds and starry background

Cons: The technical stuff.

First I'll start with the line art,

- For the clouds, it may be better if the lines didn't criss-cross over to make a curved "X" (Minor problem)

- Since you coloured the line art of the wings, it would most likely look much nicer if you did the same for the rest. (Possible Improvement)

To do this, just use the loop tool and loop the area of lineart then press Ctrl + U to adjust the saturation/hue/lightness etc. to change the line art colour.

- As mentioned before, the line art is blur in areas... though since you've finished all the colouring on the same layer it'll be hard to fix this so I shan't say much more. Though, next time you could try setting the line art layer to multiply. This setting gives a certain transparency to colours - White = Perfectly Transparent. Black = Totally opaque. Thus you can colour on layers below your lineart and still have the colours show up =]

Next the colouring itself.

- There is a lot of colour bleeding. Especially the wings, but since you used the selection-fill in method, that's only to be expected. You could put in a little more effort to clean up the wings a little, or leave it as it is.. up to you =]

- There is minimal shading

BUT THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME SO FEEL FREE TO IGNORE EVERYTHING I'VE SAID >_>

It's really good for a first timer!!! <33333

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Crusher) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not post in topics that have been inactive in 21 days. This topic is now locked.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Crusher if you have any questions regarding this action.

• 2 months later...