Finals kick off today!

Guest Krawk Islander

Guest Krawk Islander

After our final update of our Standings page, it seems like our method is nearly correct, despite some positions change in the second group (this shows that TNT is using a similar, but different method). Still, if you want to know who you're playing today, simply visit the Finals page!

We now have BlackJaguar to give us a detailed report:

finals.gif"Thank you HBK. After 30 long days of Yooyuball-scoring, slushie-slinging, noise-polluting actions, we now have the results. On the top spot is the team that dominated the elimination round, the Krawk Island Pirates. On second is the team of the Neoquesters, the Roo Island Roos. Following them is the team that is as cool as ice under the sun, the Lost Desert Mummies. And finally the last spot goes to the team known for making a comeback, the Shenkuu Ninjas!

Repairs are hastily being done to the Altador Colosseum to give way for the thousands of supporters arriving today. Altador just became a giant hotel where guests can stay for the 2 days of Semi-Finals and 2 days of Finals. Security are being doubled to prevent riots and also to make sure that no Battledome weapons gets in to the Colosseum. The Pirates will be facing the Ninjas on a 2-day marathon while the Roos will be battling the Mummies to determine the two teams that will move on to the Finals.

On other news, everyone is still encouraged to support your team even if they didn't make it to the Final 4. Points are still being added to every play that you make. The more points you get, the more prizes will you be able to redeem. Start stocking up those points! Bringing you the latest straight from Altador Colosseum, this is BlackJaguar for The Daily Neopets AC3 coverage. Signing out."

And there we have it. Now, we'd just like to wish all teams the best of luck in the finals! Remember, these are the most important days of the Cup.

Feel free to comment on our news post, no registration required for guests.

Update: We are proud to present our re-designed Daily Predictions! They have been spruced up and easier to consult. Check 'em out!

Congratulations to the teams in the top bracket - you've earned your place. :yes:

And good luck to everybody for the finals! :D

The Shenkuu Ninjas have made it again, despite their foul start of the Altador Cup they have managed to persist with a surge of power into the top four. The question that still remains in me is can they improve their placing from last year. The Krawks surely did improve their placing (4th-1st(so far)). Their two day marathon against the Krawks may prove surprising, as Shenkuu surprised the Krawks the last time. The question still remains is can they improve their placing. Shenkuu looks like a stable and confident team(at this moment). Any thing can change though. The Kreuldocks have proved themselves worthy, but due to their last few matches, they were 5th. The Altador Cup may get a similar results from last year, as three contenders (Krawk, Roo, Shenkuu) were in last years finals. any thing can change as Lost Desert is a confident main contender for this year. Go Krawks, Go Roos, Go Lost Desert and last GO SHENKUU MAY A NINJAS KICK LEAD YOUR WAY TO VICTORy.

I'm so happy we made it! :woot: Good luck to everyone in the finals!

Yay!! Me too!! To all Shenkuu supporters>>>PLAY HARD TODAY AND TOMORROW & WE WILL SWEEP THE KRAWKS!!! IF YOU THINK IT'S IMPOSSIBLE REMEMBER THIS>>>> WE BROKE TY'S UNDEFEATED SS RECORD (& KI LOST TO THEM TWICE)!!! WE CAN DO IT!!! SHENKUU FOR THE CUP!!!

Guest Guest

Hey! I just noticed that july 17-18 its a strong vs. a strong team and a weak team vs. weak team(no offense).

Guest Guest

YAY! KI MADE IT INTO THE FINALS! COME ON KI'S PLAY YOUR HARDEST TODAY, TOMORROW AND THE DAYS AFTER THAT. DONT LET YOUR GUARD DOWN JUST BECAUSE WE HAVE SWEPT SK BEFORE. PLAAAAAAAAAAY!

GOOD LUCK RI, LD, SK AND TO US KI'S>>>>>>>>>> GOOD LUCK GUYS I THINK WE CAN WIN IF WE PLAY AND PLAY AND THEN PLAY SOME MORE!

DONT LET YOUR GUARD DOWN!

Guest Francineh

This was something I noticed after round one, but decided to wait for more data. Obviously, your point allotment is a bit off, so its something you need to look at.

*points to MI and HW*

Guest Guest

HEY WHOEVER WHO MAKES THE DAILY PREDICTIONS AROUND HERE?

I NOTICED THAT WHEN I WENT TO THE NEOPETS FINALS PAGE THAT KRELUDOR WAS VERSING HW, NOT DC. IM IN KI SO THIS DOESNT EFFECT ME, BUT JUST LETTING YOU KNOW.

Guest Guest

i found another mistake! apart from the DC vs kreludor and HW vs Meridell, your standings page says that HW is in 9th place and that MI is in 8th place.

:graduated:

Guest Krawk Islander

I NOTICED THAT WHEN I WENT TO THE NEOPETS FINALS PAGE THAT KRELUDOR WAS VERSING HW, NOT DC. IM IN KI SO THIS DOESNT EFFECT ME, BUT JUST LETTING YOU KNOW.

I do. :)

Sorry for the mistake, it's been corrected now and the comments reflect that. :yes:

And yes, we do say that our standings are a little off: "It seems like our method is nearly correct, despite some positions change in the second group (this shows that TNT is using a similar, but different method)".

Look at the finals page on Neopets and our daily predictions for the matches and groups. The standings were a mere guideline for the Double Round Robin which is now over. :)

i think that they made a yyb win as 1 and a draw as 0.5 while msn and ss wins and draws are equal. a win in both of these games is 0.5 points while a loss is .25. With this being a basis here's my standings.

1. Krawk Island 54.25

2. Roo Island 47

3. Lost Desert 44.25

4. Shenkuu 43

5. Kreludor 41.75

6. Meridell 40

7. Darigan Citadel 37.25

8. Haunted Woods 36.5

9. Mystery Island 35.5

10.Tyrannia 30.75

11. Maraqua 26.5

12. Terror Mountain 11

13. Virtupets 10.75

14. Altador 9.5

15. Brightvale 8.5

16. Faerieland 3.5

Thanks for pointing that to our attention.. It seems that during the time this news is posted, TNT is still making some updating on the scores so the brackets we first saw are not yet in the final order. :D

Guest P0keth

I was hoping Kreludor or Meridell would make the final 4, no offence to Shenkuu, just I'd like to see an underdog make it.

Great, first the glitch now neopets won't even load, is it not loading for everyone else?

Guest aguest
Which teams?

and...All of the teams will be trying their hardest which will most likely be ending up with KI winning!

So will Kreludor, but try your hardest.

i think that RI has a better chance than KI, because in the head-to-head RI won both yyb. but we can't have last year's 2nd place team always win.

GO SHENKUU!

The Comeback Was Just To Amazing To Ignore!

I'm Virtupets To The Core,

But Given The Final Four, My Support Is For

SHENKUU!

(Ooo, That Ryhmed...Almost)

I Love The New Standings Page,

Very User Friendly...

And Thank You SO Much For Letting Us Know About The Glitch

This is my first cup, so I would have quite playing thinking,

"Oh I guess from now on points only count for the top four?"

LOL!

I'm still trying my best to get those points coming in for the prizes. But with real life kicking in I've only managed just over 100 wins... either way I'm going to get some prizes. :)

Guest sayuchin

Question, is your stats still being updated? I've been playing like crazy but they haven't increased anymore, unlike before which gets updated every refresh of the page.. :(

Go SHENKUU!!!!!!!!

~Sayuchin