Roo Island Favoritism?

Guest Krawk Islander

Guest Krawk Islander

After another Altador Cup news update by TNT, there has been a lot of controversy popping up on the Neoboards. Many people claim that TNT is favoring Roo Island, as they have been including them in the latest 4 articles. Have a look at the following pictures:

mid_round_robin.gifthe_tie.jpg

roo_vs_krawk.gifroo_darigan.gif

All these images have Roo Island on them. Suspicious, huh?

There have been reports of people getting a bit annoyed with this repetitiveness of TNT with Roo Island on the boards, saying that this might have something to do with the final standings. We don't think that TNT would favor Roo Island, but we must admit that this is a little suspicious.

However, how do you feel about this? Do you think that this will have any affect on people's morale, be it right now or in the coming future?

Remember, anyone can comment, so go ahead and click the 'Comment' button below to express your views!

Guest Guest

If TNT preferred RI:

1. the writer wouldn't have mistakenly referred to Jair as a man, I'm sure if he liked RI so much, he'd know about Jair being a girl...

2. TNT is not one person, I'm pretty sure they're not all biased towards one team

3. They would have made a big deal about RI beating KI's unbeaten record on YYB... I would have if I prefered RI

I just find it funny that a KIer is the first one to bring this up here, potentially setting up a "We didn't win because it's rigged" if RI did win. You mentioned that TNT might affect the final standings, well, if they were, RI wouldn't have gotten swept by LD and KI would be losing more to put RI first....

Just admit that RI had exciting conclusions with it's match/results against MD and great anticipation against DC.... KI hasn't had any controversy surrounding it because they've been consistently winning.

Note: I'm not a part of either team but I am mad at those who are making a big deal about it which is why I had to reply to this biased article.

Guest Lost Desert Freak

TNT likes reading neoboards to see what is popular in their website. RI is a very popular topic on the neoboards, therefore TNT base there news around them for better publicity. If RI wins, its because of their skills, not because the cup was rigged.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lost Desert All the Way :woot:

Guest Fanboy

Should this really be put up? There isn't even anymore of this on the boards as far as I can see, so the poster of this is just going to ignite things in the future. If anything, you're just putting this false controversy on people's heads who go to this site. I suggest this whole thing get deleted or at least rewritten to have less bias in it. Saying RI winning is a bad thing due to having less popularity is just speculation.

Guest Krawk Islander

Right, I've re-written this article in order to avoid future biased comments. :)

This article was based on the Neoboards, not our personal opinion. Nonetheless, we have listened to your suggestions.

Thanks. ;)

Guest francineh

It has a massive effect on morale, no question.

OTOH, I get the feeling a few artists and the NT Editor are out to get Maraqua. From a STUPID editorial question they should have NEVER let through - that basically said that MQ was a bad team -, an article mix-up and now to yesterday's mix-up, it seems we're the topic of jokes this year for no good reason?

I mean, HONESTLY, don't you have 15 other teams to make fun of - and in a razor thin Cup like this, these things matter, as they DO affect team morale. <.<

To all guest, members and readers: Please be informed that "We" tried our best not to put any biases on our articles. All news are either based on the Neoboards or Updates. If you do think that there is something wrong with the news, feel free to comment on it or send a message to the news staff.

Thank you very much! Hope to see you again on future updates. :D

*waves at Francineh*

We Are Maraqua... do not forget!

Other teams are victims too... we just don't notice it because they are not our team.

It is suspicious inevitably, but I don't really feel my morale having greatly affected. Does that show I have a better EQ than before or I don't really love my team?

Maybe the one who draws the pictures feels that Roo Island players are easier to draw? :hmmph:

It is suspicious inevitably, but I don't really feel my morale having greatly affected. Does that show I have a better EQ than before or I don't really love my team?

Maybe the one who draws the pictures feels that Roo Island players are easier to draw? :hmmph:

Possible. Maybe roo island players are easier for them to draw. That is a nice simple explanation! :D

I have seen many people talking about this on the boards, but honestly I just believe RI is an interesting teams and there has been a point bringing every article/news feed about them.

And if RI ends up winning it all, its simply because they were the best team.. Not because TNT rigged the cup!

Guest goparokkoo
Possible. Maybe roo island players are easier for them to draw. That is a nice simple explanation! :D

This is highly unlikely. I don't really see the point of putting just a little extra effort to draw the other players.

I suppose maybe Roo Island is doing well...but TNT shouldn't do that... :headset:

It's possible that TNT is doing this to try to drop small hints that Roo Island is going to win this year? Since they are in second place after all. But, who knows. Go Mystery Island!

Guest deathbyrats
If TNT preferred RI:

1. the writer wouldn't have mistakenly referred to Jair as a man, I'm sure if he liked RI so much, he'd know about Jair being a girl...

2. TNT is not one person, I'm pretty sure they're not all biased towards one team

3. They would have made a big deal about RI beating KI's unbeaten record on YYB... I would have if I prefered RI

I just find it funny that a KIer is the first one to bring this up here, potentially setting up a "We didn't win because it's rigged" if RI did win. You mentioned that TNT might affect the final standings, well, if they were, RI wouldn't have gotten swept by LD and KI would be losing more to put RI first....

Just admit that RI had exciting conclusions with it's match/results against MD and great anticipation against DC.... KI hasn't had any controversy surrounding it because they've been consistently winning.

Note: I'm not a part of either team but I am mad at those who are making a big deal about it which is why I had to reply to this biased article.

First off, I want to say that I don't think that TNT is fixing the cup. I just need to point out some things. You're not taking into consideration the format of the tournament. If TNT did favor RI, they wouldn't need to have them beat everyone right now, just have them win enough to stay in the top 4.

On a different note, I don't see how the latest article shows any favoritism. It includes 8 different teams and the article names a number of different teams as well.

Guest roo island supporter

i noticed that roo island is in most pictures because i play for RI . You know the rumor about HW being rigged 2 win in '06? this year , if anyone is rigged 2 win it's krawk island , with dasher retiring soon and them being 1 of 2 teams 2 be in the finals twice and not win yet . next year is probably roo islans's year.

I think they're focusing on Roo Island a lot because we're at a point in the cup where they could go either way... continue winning and move up, or make one or two false moves and fall back to 3rd or 4th. Our matches are generally more intense than KI's as well, since there's more of a chance for RI to lose.

Guest Miss Neopia 2008

You know what, I think that neopets is doing this just for the laughs.

(OUT OF THE SUBJECT: I looked closely at RI's marquan erie, and she has a marquan colored shoulder cover,and on her shirt sleeve,she has a Roo Island cuff!TDN-updated, I think not!) :evo: ^_^

If TNT preferred RI:

I totally agree with ya

cool my first post

Guest Bianca

Well I have been going about the neoboards and I have seen all these boards about RI possibly winning the cup due to the news and being in almost all articles. But I don't think TNT is hinting that they WILL win.

As some people said earlier, if it were rigged RI would be winning non stop, and not even getting a loss or draw with anybody, especially a tough team like Krawk Island (YAY :laughingsmiley:)

Plus Roo Island had major interesting wins/losses/draws to certain teams, and that makes them interesting. No wonder TNT wants them in the news, they want those to sell! And RI is definatly interesting to read about.

GOOD LUCK TO RI

BUT MORE GOOD LUCK TO KI (which is who I support)

MAY the best team win! And if not, you better watch out next year :whistle:

Guest Guest

Yes that does seem suspicious <_< I think it might go to Roo Island for two reasons:

1. TNT showed them a lot.

2. Roo Island has been 2nd for 2 cups.