Roo Island Favoritism?

Guest Krawk Islander

I would consider it a coincidence.

First, Roo island has defeated Krawk Island in the double round robin... TWICE. And given the fact that both teams are already dominant, both teams would already be playing to the maximum, and both times, Roo Island emerged victorious.

Moreover, Roo island's yooyuball losses came from Lost Desert (first RRB, and a sweep), and Meridell (second RRB). Lost Desert, during the first round robin, was looked down upon by the other teams, so it's possible that Rooligans have slacked off. Same with Meridell, they were considered a middle-tier team, and again slacked off. Even though Krawk takes top yooyuball leading by a draw over Roo, it does not mean that Roo had weaker players when put on maximum.

Second, Slushie Slinger and Make Some Noise had no effect in the last standings. If they did, then Krawk would have emerged victorious as they won both side games. And side games is where Krawk usually emerges victorious by far from the other teams.

Last, freeloaders might have been another case. TNT can say all the want, but it's possible. In the top 11 of the top 25 YYB players list I compiled, there are SIX Darigan Citadel Players, and two of them are occupying 1st and 2nd. Aside from that, you still see a lot of dedicated darigan players with good stats (many even reaching all-star ranking). Now the big question is, why did they finish in 7th place? With that many players playing, it should have been possible for DC to go up to the top tier, despite winning the cup last year. Only the term "freeloader" comes as a possiblity in this case. Krawk Island's dominance could have open their gates to more freeloaders, pulling down the average of the whole team, helping Roo in winning the cup.

That's all what I can say for now. If you want to view the statistics of top players I compiled (in point 3), here:

http://www.neopets.com/~ImmortalSpirit