Oldest/Longest Neopets Player

n00biito

I first joined Neopets in 98/99 but didn't stay there long. I then stopped playing untill I joined recently. I was wondering if there are people who joined Neopets before me who are still playing it or whose been playing Neopets the longest..?

What are the changes you've seen since you joined?

Greest to all,

n00biito

Wow, that's quite a long time, right from the start.

I had a barely rememebred account around the time of the of the Usurper, but I quit beacuse I couldn't get Flash games to run on my computer. I wish I'd kept going- I love my account now, but it'd have been awesome to see all that first hand. ALl I remember is the Usurper page, a vauge LD map, and a funny feeling if I stare at the Illusens Quest page for too long. And I know the Faerie pets list in Faerialnd hasn't ever changed. I used to stare at it. xD

since June 20, 2005(my oldest account was frozen. :( )

mostly just the new layout & pets, & i got to see the altador cup start.

I don't think Neopets was around in '98. =O It started in '99 didn't it? Anyway I joined in 2000, and the biggest change I saw was the graphics, they've improved so much over the years.

I don't think Neopets was around in '98. =O It started in '99 didn't it? Anyway I joined in 2000, and the biggest change I saw was the graphics, they've improved so much over the years.

That's why I posted 98/99 'cause I couldn't recall the exact year.

Oh believe me, if you played back in 2000, they were like scribbles. o_O I believe it was Anthony who was one of their early artists that really improved Neopet's graphics.

I honestly don't remember much. I do recall Usul's being different because I had one and when they changed the design I was very upset! You had the referral's program and you could get e-mails and such from their sponsors for neopoints. There wasn't houses nor gilds or petpets.

I remember that when they first got introduced I thought of it being silly. A pet with a pet? o_O Anyways there are LOTS of them now and they're kind of cute.

I'm pretty sure there were more species of neopets and that they got rid of some.

I'm not sure if any were every offically "gotten rid of" but a LOT changed drasticly over the years, some of them even changed more than once. And a lot of those had name changes as well.

i wasn't around way back then, but i've seen the old art and wow i'm glad they updated it. although i don't like the skieths newest look. i liked the last one.

I've been around since 1999.

I do not remember if it was the end of November, or early December when I joined. All I know is I'll be celebrating my 9th year on NeoPets later this year. (:

As like Neo will be celebrating it's 9th birthday.

I've been playing Neo since 2005. July 29 to be exact. 8D

The biggest changes I have seen are probably the merchandise, the old layout (I knowwww.), and quite a few pet revamps.

When I returned to Neo last July on my main, I was like "Neopets has a new layout? AND all my Neopets got a makeover? I don't think I will like this..." (but hey, I like it now (: Perfectly fine with me.).

I guess that's it for now.

.____.

I have been playing Since November 2002 But I stopped in 2006 and came back on early this year :) I remember tombola :P (always a classic) and I also remember winning dubloons of deckswabber (It's had a name change now) when the game gave dubloons out! I also remember the invasion of the ads! (Which is partly the reason why i left ;) ) Neopets has changed so much! I miss its simplicity :( ! Also Quite a few of you musn't play on your old accounts anymore cause when I see your Neo Lookup most aren't that old.....

My oldest unfrozen account dates back to April 2004. I can remember playing (but only the games) in the years before then. ^_^

In my opinion, the biggest changes have been the inflation (got my lab map for 300k!), the slow-down of avatars being released, customization, and the more recent changes to the game room and editing userlookups/pet pages.

I'm an oldie, i created on November 2, 2000

i remember so much stuff... bloody original Marqua getting destroyed and me being happy that i had some of the petpets from their, lost desert getting discovered by brucy b, terror mountain and happy valley being created.

I started playing at around October 2001, but my brother's account is even older because I started playing using his account first.

When I first start playing there isn't anything much to it other than playing games and feeding pets, now I find that its more fun with the plots and also the altador cup...

april 2000, baby! or was it 2001? it was a bit odd, since my friend actually signed me up at first...i didn't play for two years, had a few good months in 2002, then stopped playing for 6 whole years (while i finished school). there are TONS of changes...first, the inflation has been insane (well, maybe not that insane, considering the time i've been gone); for instance, a codestone used to only cost 1000 neopoints, and i remember already thinking that was pretty crazy. not as many ads of course, and not as many "worlds"--but overall, i'm glad to see that a lot of the old fixtures are still there. :) oh, and the pet designs are a lot different from before...i prefer the old design for my pet (kougra), but i really like some of the other ones.

I can say I still play on my first main account I ever made, but sadly I missed a lot of neopets history XD only joined in june 2004 D;

Heard about it in june 2003, but seeing my friend get an interactive kacheek toy for her birthday didn't click with the fact that neopets was a site for a while. xD

Basically the earliest things I remember are the hannah plot, and freaking out because all my pets were changed to asparagus chias on borovan day. XD

-shakes fist at not even using the internet much until I joined neo-

The biggest changes I've seen... umm, those would have to be the prices of things and just overall how the site looks. I can't think of anything in particular that was huge other then that big site revamp last April.

Wow! 9 years! I have to admit that I don't spend much time there atm. but if anyone wouldlike yo look me up I'm n00biito there too. I wish I would've kept my orignal account just to see the changes ^^

I remember when they introduced the plushies! I was so jealous! I wanted one real bad but they weren't available in Europe yet.

I joined Neopets in '05, 12/20/05 (yes, I am somewhat new), My friend sent me a link to neopets asking me if I wanted to go here, I said No. Then He didn't join. A few days later, I joined with out telling him. Then 2 months later, I finally tell him & he joins. (This may not have been how it happened, but I do know that he wanted to join only if I joined, and on the Shields, his account is 1-3 months younger than mine, Yes I know, It's a crazy cycle!)

Let's see...

My oldest unfrozen account dates back to 2001.

I had one before that as well, from 1999 when neopets was first starting up. I didn't last long that first time because of computer issues, and I never could remember what the username is.

My main account now is about 52 months, I believe.

I feel like every time I "take a break" and come back a few months later, Neopia has undergone major changes. I love when new worlds come out. That's always been a favorite of mine.

And it used to be so easy to get painted pets...definitely not the case now!

I agree about the painted pets. And maybe it's nostalgia but I do miss some of the old style of the pets. Like someone here mentioned the old Flotsam and Jetsam ^^ I thought they were cool.

I started playing neopets in 2004 and got bored and came on and off... then when i started playing this year these are the following things that changed:

NC mall

Neopets layout

just how the neopets are drawn

more but just don't know how to list...

i don't like how they have the nc mall and you have to pay actual money to buy something