Books

m3l3ana

I love those books!! I too, have read them all and I am syked for Breaking Dawn to come out and the movie. Now you know of 3 people on TDN who read them.

Hey, I like the Twilight Series too! Now you know 4 people that reads it!

I'm also looking forward to the Time Paradox. Can't wait!

I just finished reading the Uglies series (Uglies, Pretties, & Specials). It was so GOOD. It's one of those dystopia/utopia books but with lots of action in it =]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just finished reading the fourth book in the Outlander Series "Drums of Autumn" Was good, a little different from the others, but not too much. Now I am to go get the next one :S I swear I should really go to bed earlier at night, so my books last longer!!

Thanks AA!! I shall look into buying it. I have the second one at home somewhere, but thought I should read the first one first :P

I'm also looking forward to the Time Paradox. Can't wait!

I just finished reading the Uglies series (Uglies, Pretties, & Specials). It was so GOOD. It's one of those dystopia/utopia books but with lots of action in it =]

The Uglies trilogy is one of my favorite series ever! Have you read the fourth book, Extras (yes, i know trilogies don't have fourth books. talk to the author :P)?

Make that 5! I'm VERY excited for the 'Breaking Dawn' release!

Right now, though, I don't really have any books I'm reading. More of re-reading. Anyone read Redwall? Good books-I'm re-reading a lot of those books. Also the Star Wars Extended Universe books. I have such a complicated reading life...many times I'll have 3 books going at the same time...lol.

I'm also leaving on Tuesday...my family is taking a vacation to Washington D.C. (though I've been there twice already!) and I'm bringing along the book 'A Thousand Splendid Suns'. Also a re-read, though I thought it was an excellent book (along with 'The Kite Runner'), so I don't mind.

i'm reading "the witching hour" anne rice for the zillionth time! it's the first book in a series of 3 (with a merger book being a 4th book, merging the witch books and the vampire books) and it's a WONDERFUL series!

if anyone wants more information, PM me or add me to your friends list! i am very read-up on anne rice books!! i can recommend some good ones!

i am also really into philippa gregory books, ie- the other boleyn girl, the constant princess, the boleyn inheritance....they are fantastic as well!

Make that 5! I'm VERY excited for the 'Breaking Dawn' release!

Right now, though, I don't really have any books I'm reading. More of re-reading. Anyone read Redwall? Good books-I'm re-reading a lot of those books. Also the Star Wars Extended Universe books. I have such a complicated reading life...many times I'll have 3 books going at the same time...lol.

I'm also leaving on Tuesday...my family is taking a vacation to Washington D.C. (though I've been there twice already!) and I'm bringing along the book 'A Thousand Splendid Suns'. Also a re-read, though I thought it was an excellent book (along with 'The Kite Runner'), so I don't mind.

I love Redwall! And I'm considered a very fast reader, like at 8 I finished 3 Chronicles of Narnia Books. I thought it was normal...

The Uglies trilogy is one of my favorite series ever! Have you read the fourth book, Extras (yes, i know trilogies don't have fourth books. talk to the author :P)?

Haha, I'm glad a forth book came out. I can never get enough of all the action/adventure in this awesome series!

No, I haven't read it yet. I'm definitely purchasing it though. I read the preview in the back of Specials and it sounds pretty good. I'm glad she's writing about a different character ^^ I wonder if Tally's going to be in it...

Haha, I'm glad a forth book came out. I can never get enough of all the action/adventure in this awesome series!

No, I haven't read it yet. I'm definitely purchasing it though. I read the preview in the back of Specials and it sounds pretty good. I'm glad she's writing about a different character ^^ I wonder if Tally's going to be in it...

Yeah, it's pretty good! The character's interesting too. It's very different from the first three. :yes: Tally is in it, but I don't wanna say too much about and spoil it for you (I hate it when people do that. especially on the internet).

Tally is in it, but I don't wanna say too much about and spoil it for you (I hate it when people do that. especially on the internet).

I agree heartily - spoilers are the dark nemesis of every dedicated book reader. :sad01_anim:

• 2 weeks later...
And I'm considered a very fast reader, like at 8 I finished 3 Chronicles of Narnia Books. I thought it was normal...

:laughingsmiley:

I think I'm quite fast...I don't know. I read Twilight in about 4 hours and New Moon in about 5-6 hours. Maybe it's average. :eh:

How do you read? I am a normal reader, I read from left to right and read the line only once. My brother though has a really high IQ and is really smart and he reads the line like three times and counts the number of words on each line. He has been told by teachers and stuff that it is because he is smart and needs to make sure he understands what he is reading o_O Too me it sounds annoying!!

I am reading the fifth book in my series at the moment, The Fiery Cross. Quite good, found a lady near my work who liked the series too and told me about another one that is similar to this series written by a different author ... Think I am going to read that one after!

I've finished Eragon and Eldest, and I can't wait for Brisingr to come out. *waits impatiently* Who's looking forward to its release?

Books with short chapters are good, but in the end I end up reading more too ... Goes something like this: Finishes chapter, looks to see how long next chapter will take, thinks 'Ahhh that isn't too long, I am sure I can squeeze that in', ends up reading another chapter... I don't like finishing a book in the middle of it, like to finish at chapters of where the scene changes are!!

How do you read? I am a normal reader, I read from left to right and read the line only once. My brother though has a really high IQ and is really smart and he reads the line like three times and counts the number of words on each line. He has been told by teachers and stuff that it is because he is smart and needs to make sure he understands what he is reading Too me it sounds annoying!!

I read upside down, is that normal? (:

Hmm...I normally read lines only once, but sometimes if I think I missed something, or if I like that bit a lot, I'd go back and read that line again.

What's your brother's IQ???

^^^ Yeah I do that too sometimes, trying to figure out what I missed. When I read a series I normally keep the other books near so that I can refrence back to them if I have to.

Not sure what my brothers IQ is, I know it is something ridiculous!!

Is it 170? That's the highest you can get. I'd be perfectly happy if I get 100 :)

breaking dawn was awesome!!!! has anyone else finished it?? i thought everything was perfect, and that's all i'm going to say

:crying_blow: I have to wait until it comes out in paperback. I have this thing about a book series looking the same :P I hope it's not going to be something like 6 months because I can't wait that long. Does anyone know how many books are there altogether in the series?

Oh, yeah. Someone recommend some good books for me to read? Mind it can't be the new ones from the US because it won't be out here yet. After Twilight everything seemed pointless.

At the moment I'm reading New Moon by Stephanie Meyers. I'm sure many people love twighlight (I'm not sure if anyone has been talking about it on this board because I don't have the patience in reading all the posts haha) but I don't understand how people say that it's just as good or even better than Harry Potter. I mean it's a pretty good book but I'm sure many people only like it because of the idea of Edward haha. I'm sorry if I'm offending anyone here and to just to make it clear, I DO enjoy the books but it's not as great as many people make it to be. BUT I am super excited for the movie!! I just love Robert Pattinson <3

Have you read Twilight? It's a lot better than New Moon, in my opinion. Harry Potter and Twilight are quite different to each other, so the people who likes romance books will say that Twilight is better. The same with the Harry Potter. I like romance books better :P

I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to the movie...I am, but I'm not at the same time. :guiltysmiley:

I've finished Eragon and Eldest, and I can't wait for Brisingr to come out. *waits impatiently* Who's looking forward to its release?

*sticks hand up* One eagerly waiting fan right here. :P Brisingr is slated for release on September 20th - not too far from now.

September 20th? But that's over a month away. That's too long. :(

I can't believe Paolini made it so long that it had to be made into two books. xD